Back to group and I will be lighter by Christmas

Nettee

Silver Member
Hello there - I am finally going back to group next week :D after 18 months off and regaining all my weight plus a bit more. Can't blame it on pregnancy this time it is just eating too much :sigh:.

I am going to combine Slimming World with the sweet poison quit plan so will be using my syns on things like butter, cheese and chicken skin. I am thinking I will do some red days so might use some on carbohydrates too perhaps.....

Looking forward to seeing some of the old crowd at the group and getting a weekly motivation boost.

Also looking forward to feeling better about how I look and wearing some of my clothes that have been consigned to the back of the cupboard.

And to chatting to the supportive SW minimins guys again.

I plan to post here often, weigh in at group weekly, stick to plan (most of the time!), and I have quit sugar as of yesterday which I am hoping will make the whole thing easier as my appetite will be naturally regulated (at least that is the theory). It will mean a max of 2 portions of fruit a day which I can think of as my healthy extra C choices!

Will update my statistics on Wednesday with the official starting weigh in and head on down from there. There will be 15 weeks until Christmas eve - I could easily be a stone lighter by then.... Maybe even a stone and a half? :)

Hello, thank you. The Sweet Poison Quit Plan is completely unrelated to slimming world - it is a book by an Australian called David Gillespie and basically it advises not to eat fructose unless is is part of a whole fruit or vegetable. So Lactose in milk and glucose (not in many things) are ok but honey, cane sugar, dried fruit and fruit juice are all out. He is quite convincing.

I have been on the no sugar wagon quite well since Saturday morning which is great but putting SW on hold till Wednesday! Having said that I did cook a SW friendly dinner with lean meat and fry light tonight. No sugar in hula hoops though! - only 6 sins a bag :)

Hello, thank you. The Sweet Poison Quit Plan is completely unrelated to slimming world - it is a book by an Australian called David Gillespie and basically it advises not to eat fructose unless is is part of a whole fruit or vegetable. So Lactose in milk and glucose (not in many things) are ok but honey, cane sugar, dried fruit and fruit juice are all out. He is quite convincing.

I have been on the no sugar wagon quite well since Saturday morning which is great but putting SW on hold till Wednesday! Having said that I did cook a SW friendly dinner with lean meat and fry light tonight. No sugar in hula hoops though! - only 6 sins a bag :)

Oh wow, and what's he say is consequence of eating sugar other than the obvious weight issues.

Good luck when you start sw, no time like present tho :)

all set for tomorrow morning. I am going to rejoin from scratch and go to the talk and everything. Slightly nervous and dreading the limited bread and endless chopping of vegetables but I know I will feel so much better for it.

I have been quite hungry today - in a sugar withdrawal way I think - hopefully that feeling will pass soon. Not to bad an headaches or anything.

The consequences of eating sugar according to my sugar guru sugar cause problems in the liver, then the pancreas, then the kidneys, and ultimately the heart and [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]starts a cascade of insulin resistance (insulin promotes sugar uptake from blood) which leads to chronic metabolic disease, including diabetes and heart disease. That was copied and pasted out of this article Sweet poison: why sugar is ruining our health - Telegraph

Loads more in the book
[/FONT]

all set for tomorrow morning. I am going to rejoin from scratch and go to the talk and everything. Slightly nervous and dreading the limited bread and endless chopping of vegetables but I know I will feel so much better for it.

I have been quite hungry today - in a sugar withdrawal way I think - hopefully that feeling will pass soon. Not to bad an headaches or anything.

The consequences of eating sugar according to my sugar guru sugar cause problems in the liver, then the pancreas, then the kidneys, and ultimately the heart and starts a cascade of insulin resistance (insulin promotes sugar uptake from blood) which leads to chronic metabolic disease, including diabetes and heart disease. That was copied and pasted out of this article Sweet poison: why sugar is ruining our health - Telegraph

Loads more in the book

Sw is quite a low sugar diet isn't it?

Found your new diary! A new fresh diary, a fresh start.

I thin most sugar is awful too. I have no self control. 5 days a week I have practically none and after a couple of days when I cut it out - I hardly thought about it. Now never crave chocolate or biscuits. But believe me if I have a biscuit (which I don't actually fancy), I'll have 5!

Hope today goes well and I reckon you could defo do 21lbs before Christmas. When you're good you're very good ;-)

Let us know how you do.

Sugar is mostly in the syns but there is all the super free fruit - which I read should be limited to two portions per day as the fructose comes with fibre which makes it better but still not for unlimited consumption - and there is fructose listed as an ingredient of muller light. And i believe hifi bars are quite high in sugar (do correct me if I am wrong on that one). So it is certainly not incompatible but it is an extra rule I am giving myself. It is a low fat diet I think more than low sugar.

I have been and got a lovely warm welcome back to group which was lovely. We have loads of target members in our group - some of whom I didn't recognise and others who were target before I left on on their way there. It is so important not leave - they were all looking great!

Seeing the numbers flash up on the scales was not much fun but it is only downwards from here.

I sat down to a super good SW lunch and gave my daughter oven chips with hers - found myself picking at her left overs absentmindedly. aarrgghh. two lessons - eat consciously and don't give rubbish to my children!

Fingers crossed for a good loss this week :)

Sugar is mostly in the syns but there is all the super free fruit - which I read should be limited to two portions per day as the fructose comes with fibre which makes it better but still not for unlimited consumption - and there is fructose listed as an ingredient of muller light. And i believe hifi bars are quite high in sugar (do correct me if I am wrong on that one). So it is certainly not incompatible but it is an extra rule I am giving myself. It is a low fat diet I think more than low sugar.

I have been and got a lovely warm welcome back to group which was lovely. We have loads of target members in our group - some of whom I didn't recognise and others who were target before I left on on their way there. It is so important not leave - they were all looking great!

Seeing the numbers flash up on the scales was not much fun but it is only downwards from here.

I sat down to a super good SW lunch and gave my daughter oven chips with hers - found myself picking at her left overs absentmindedly. aarrgghh. two lessons - eat consciously and don't give rubbish to my children!

Fingers crossed for a good loss this week :)

That's a good thing well done x

Hi Blondcat, great to see you over here. 15 weigh ins till Christmas so 14 lb should be very possible, 21 - sounds like a challenge! That would get me under 11 st which would be amazing if I can pull it off. December is hard for weeks though before Christmas....... No excuses!

I have been filling in my food diary including 2 syns for the chips - all going to plan so far

a very boring and tasteless lunch today - must try harder! at least it followed the rules. My husband cooked a yummy and SW friendly curry last night for both of us :candledinner:.

He gets fed up with the low fat thing quite quickly so it was very sweet of him.

couldn't weigh myself this morning so two days worth to see tomorrow - I know I shouldn't but I can't help myself :fingerscrossed:

hahah you're funny! you love the daily weigh ins! I couldn't do it as a bad weigh in freaks me!

wish i had a hubby to make me dinner! in fact which i had hubby! lol

spag bol tonight - much better. and I have left overs for lunch tomorrow. 14.5 syns today, cutting it fine!

yes a bad mid week weigh in is not good for motivation, in fact a good mid week weigh in is also bad as it makes me complacent. Time to hide the scales maybe?

Weigh in was promising this morning ;)

Went to body attack class which was going ok ish (hadn't had to sit down or anything) when 25 minutes in I was summoned back to creche to rescue poor dd who was not very happy. That plan is out the window then but it is 25 min of hard aerobic exercise which I might not have done.

Jacket potato and left of bolognaise for lunch today with salad. Supermarket trip this afternoons so lots of good SW stocking up to be done. Trying to decide what to take to work for lunch next week. could use a HEb for a tiny sandwich, could take a jacket potato and some cheese (probably synned) or some sore of pasta rice or cous cous salad which is hard work. Or go for some chicken drumsticks and salad and cold new potatoes maybe?

work lunches were always a challenge

SW chips tonight with lamb, broccoli and gravy - yum.

SW omelette for breakfast with mushrooms and potatoes - hex b saved for later :)

I have been refined fructose free for a whole week! It doesn't feel that big a deal at the moment which is as it should be. Haven't had much temptation yet though - although I did survive being offered cake at a children's birthday party.....

I have been refined fructose free for a whole week! It doesn't feel that big a deal at the moment which is as it should be. Haven't had much temptation yet though - although I did survive being offered cake at a children's birthday party.....

What's sugar guru say you
Should feel in next week/weeks

Do you expect it to boost your losses at all

Well withdrawal is meant to last for a week or so and consists of headaches and a sort of empty hungry feeling that doesn't go away when you eat anything but sugar. Once the sugar addiction is broken you are supposed to not feel tempted by sweet food and be less hungry generally and other food tastes better. I think it can take a few weeks to get to that stage but apparently a sudden realisation that cakes are as tempting a raw broccoli should occur. Hopefully I won't be struggling with just one penguin bar as I have in the past and won't give in to binging once in a while so my losses should be better yes.

Had to eat a bit more to get up to five syns today - did an old sw stir fry recipe for supper - quite good but a bit salty.

Well withdrawal is meant to last for a week or so and consists of headaches and a sort of empty hungry feeling that doesn't go away when you eat anything but sugar. Once the sugar addiction is broken you are supposed to not feel tempted by sweet food and be less hungry generally and other food tastes better. I think it can take a few weeks to get to that stage but apparently a sudden realisation that cakes are as tempting a raw broccoli should occur. Hopefully I won't be struggling with just one penguin bar as I have in the past and won't give in to binging once in a while so my losses should be better yes.

Had to eat a bit more to get up to five syns today - did an old sw stir fry recipe for supper - quite good but a bit salty.

Of course it's not as "easy" to use your syns without the sugar. It makes sense what he's saying, I admire you for it. Wish I could get to that place soon, syns limit us alot but I'm not ready to get rid of chocolate totally but I'm going to keep on with this and take small steps to a healthy way as my losses go on

Back