Back to Lighterlife - My 'hope I can do it second time around' diary

Hia Bundle,

Just back from holidays and am catching up on everything. I do sympathise with your feelings:( about the small loss, particularly as you felt that you only had a small one the week before, too.

If you are following the programme, then it's got to go sometime! What is your water consumption like? Icemoose has a good saying "drink to shrink", because keeping well hydrated enables more fat to be drained away (or some such thing). I can sympathise if you find it difficult though, but the water flavours to help to make the water a bit easier to swallow.

Keep the faith!
AmandaJayne

Hi Amanda Jay.ne

Hope you had a great time in Greece!

You're right, I know from my previous time on LL that the weight will come off and it all averages out, I'm drinking about 6 litres a day which is quite hard going in this cold weather - I do use the flavours and sometimes have sparkling water for variety! I think the low losses together with the fact that I have had to endure no end of 'family dos' in the last month (none of which I could get out of!) just felt 'pants'! Weighing in tonight and I will let you know if there is an improvement:)

Bundle - do let us know how you are doing after tonight's weigh-in - have my fingers crossed for you and I am sure this isn't what will happen to you but one woman in our class didn't lose anything for 3 weeks and was being totally abstinent and then lost 12 pounds in week 4 - bodies work in varied and mysterious ways it seems. Have just read through your thread and I'm returning too (having done 100 days but not management - possibly the mistake I made) but only on day 2 with a headache and reading your thread stopped me from eating this afternoon so thank you! Am actually doing CD due to cost but do prefer LL due to the CBT and that is what I want to remind myself so I always like reading Amanda-Jayne's posts too with the TA/CBT observations which are so good to be reminded of.
Cheers
Gx

Well done Bundle! 3lb is still an awful lot...I am very impatient this time around and have to keep reminding myself that to be able to lose 1/2 stone in 2 weeks is pretty phenonmenal and overall it does seem to average out about a stone a month which is amazing...did WW before and it took me about 2 months to lose a stone even being really really good. This time around I'm doing a lot more thinking about what I'm going to do when I come off SS e.g. planning low-gi meals, cooking bulk portions and then freezing in portion sizes to make your own ready meals and provide enough variety to avoid getting bored. I'm only on Day 3 though and am already finding it tough....just picked up a prawn and avocado salad in a shop for lunch telling myself oh it won't kick you out of ketosis but then I managed to catch myself just in time and ask myself how long do I really want to be ss'ing for and I'm only dragging it out even if I did stay in ketosis. Am consoling myself with a peppermint tea. Good luck for the next week.

Back