Back to Slimming World! I WILL lose the weight!

Weigh day....... I thought I would not lose anything but I have lost just short of 1lb! So that's good enough for me :) I'll be happy with a slow and steady loss!!!

What a cold, miserable day! I wouldn't mind but it's soooo cold in my office!!! :( When I'm cold I get the munchies too! Will just have to fill up with lots of tea!

I've not logged in since Friday so I have 3 meal plans to jot down! I'm glad to report that I didn't do too badly with the treats! To add to Friday's syns I had 3 jammie dodgers, a handful of crisps and half a millionaires chocolate chaos thing which I have to say was not that good! So I was rather annoyed that I had wasted all those extra syns on it!

Saturday:

Breakfast - 3 jammie dodgers (at mum and dads house - they are in America for 6 months, so I ate what was there!)

Lunch: Uncle Ben's Chilli Rice Time - 4.5 syns

Dinner: SW chips, 2 eggs and mushrooms

Snack: curly wurly 6 syns, milk for tea HexA, may have missed out the HexB! 3 biscuits at a friends house...

Total: ??? syns

Sunday:

Breakfast: Bran flakes Hex B with milk Hex A

Lunch: Omlette with cottage cheese and ham

Dinner: Chilli and Rice 0.5 syns, cheese rest of Hex A

Snacks: cold meats, mikado x 10 5 syns, curly wurly 6 syns

Total: 11.5 syns

Last night I cooked a chilli recipe that another member gave me the recipe for... it was lovely! So thank you Vintagepockets!!!!

and on to todays meal plan!!! I've decided to give EE another go this week because I've not had a lot of free time to sort out a red/green menu! Such a a busy week ahead! So thought it would be better to stick with EE

Monday:

Breakfast: Magic Porridge with sweetener, yogurt and almond essence

Lunch: left over chilli 0.5, 3 babybel lights Hex A, muller and cold meats

Dinner: Jacket potato with mushrooms, bacon, FF fromage frias, garlic and red onion, salad, corn on the cob

Snacks: apple, meats, mini milk 1.5 syns, 10 x mikado 5 syns

Total: 7 syns

and so the working week begins! x

Well done a lb is a great loss!

1lb a week is a good goal to have and certainly what I'm hoping for at weigh in tomorrow.

Have a good day Xx

Well done a lb is a great loss!

1lb a week is a good goal to have and certainly what I'm hoping for at weigh in tomorrow.

Have a good day Xx

Thank you! It's what I was hoping for too. The less I lose per week the longer I'll probably keep it off!

Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow :) looking forward to eating the rest of the chilli for lunch!!!

Enjoy your day also

xx

Another cold day in the office. I've decided to wrap up warmer today... I have some lovely bright pink neon leg warmers underneath my trousers! (left over from my sisters hen party....!)

I decided against having the Jacket last night and instead made a quicker meal of Carbonara... another of vintagepockets recipes! Thank you! Was very nice! So I probably need to add a syn or two for the Parmesan I used taking it up to 9.

I actually went to the gym last night! I have a 30 mins training session with my instructor tonight so I needed to prepare myself! I don't want painful legs again! So fingers crossed he's a little easier on me this week :)

Today's meal plan:

Tuesday:

Breakfast: Magic porridge Hex B, muller light

Lunch: Tomato and herb mugshot, 3 babybel lights Hex A, meats, boiled egg, muller

Dinner: Chilli and Jacket, cheese 2 syns

Pud: FF greek yogurt, orange options 2.5 syns, 2 mini meringues 2 syn

Snacks: apple, mikado sticks 5 syns, salted popcorn 1.5 syns (didn't have a lot!)

Total syns: possibly 13 syns

Last edited:
Evening hun! Just popping in quickly to see how you're doing :) Woooo, well done on the loss hun! :bliss: I'm chuffed for you as I know you were convinced you weren't going to lose anything! :D

I like the sound of cowboy pie...what's that? Maybe a pie served by good looking cowboys like Jake Gyllenhaal ;) :D :drool: Haha! xx

Hi Sian :)

Thank you! I'm very pleased to have lost 3lbs so far. My only problem being is that I always seem to get on the scales... everyday! So as soon as I see a loss the next day I get on and my weight has crept up! But this seems to be the on going pattern! I really need to hide the scales..... Might wait for the OH to get back from Ireland and tell him to put them somewhere I cannot find, that will stop me! I hope I lose at least 0.5 next week!

Cowboy Pie, I didn't actually cook it in the end! I ended up having Chilli. I went to cook it and then discovered I had no baked beans to put in it! :( Oh well, maybe I'll make it next week. And I can imagine it would be fun to have it served by a tasty cowboy! We can dream!!! xx

I hate having IBS! :( I just get food stuck inside me for days and days and it bloats me out so much. This has such an impact on my weight loss too as I can carry it for days. I feel so bloated today and can feel my intestines hard at work. I'm definitely having a 'fat' day today. My face feels all puffy. Grumble over!!!

I think it's going to be a long day today, busy day at work, gym, flat packing (we have to move in 2 weeks! not our choice though :() and then I have to try to fit in dinner somewhere so I think tonight I'll opt for a quick and easy meal!

Definitely going to go back to red/green next week, might aid the loss more. I think I need to eat ether meat or pasta/potato, not both in one day. Just doesn't seem to work too well for me!

Today's menu: EE

Breakfast: Bran flakes Hex B with a muller light

Lunch: leftover chilli with 2 baby bels mixed in Hex A, some cold ham and turkey, muller light.

Dinner: 2 bbq quorn fillets, with corn on the cob, salad, light mayo 1 syn, maybe a tiny bit of smash on the side! See how hungry I am!

Snacks: due to eating 3 truffles I'm changing my snacks! 3 mikado sticks at 1.5 syns, 3 truffles.... 9 syns?!?! 0%fat greek yog, 1 options 2.5

Total syns: 13 syns

Exercise: 30 min gym instructor work out

I did a favour for someone at work and they have bought me some chocolates..... oh no....... temptation is at arms length today!!! :(

Last edited:
Another moan-y day! :(

I'm feeling a bit blurgh today. I feel like I've done really well with the diet and exercise this week, been three times already! But for some reason whenever I start to exercise my weight seems to creep up? It happens everytime! I don't think I eat more because it generally makes me feel like snacking less. They do say that muscle gain can cause your weight to go up, but I can't see how 3 sessions can cause that to happen so soon! I'm about 1.5 up at the mo and I'm half way through the week.... Oh well I'll keep my fingers crossed for Monday!

I don't think today's eating will help though.... popping over to a friends' house tonight, she's just split up with her OH, so I said I would take a treat over and get a takeaway. Comfort food always helps! So I was thinking of having a Chinese or a curry... but I need to figure out the lowest syn value options!

Todays menu:

Breakfast: Muller light at 7am, magic porridge at 9am Hex B

Lunch: ham omlette with salad, 1 squirt of light mayo 1 syn, muller light

Dinner: Some form of takeaway....

Snacks: meat, 2 baby bel Hex A, some form of heartbreak treat, maybe a handful of popcorn 1.5 syns

Syns: who knows?!?!?!?

Have you signed up to the Slimming World website Rachel? There's a section on there about eating out; Chinese and Indian. Look in the useful features section. Good luck. :)

Have you signed up to the Slimming World website Rachel? There's a section on there about eating out; Chinese and Indian. Look in the useful features section. Good luck. :)

Hi :)

I would love to sign up to the website! But currently can't as I don't have the money. Moving, weddings, birthdays.... all come at once don't they! But hopefully later on in the year I'll be able to! Thank you :) xx

Rachel I've sent you a private message.

Hi love I found your diary have u started red/green yet? I'm trying a red day today x

Hey :)

Not started yet! Had a busy busy week so not had chance to plan anything out. I intend to start my red/green week on Monday :) So all being well, I have a few spare hours at home tonight and can research the meals to eat and then tomorrow I can post my weekly menu!

Are you having anything nice today? x

Today iv had a normal breakfast using hex b but lunch was a crab stick salad (2) and a packet of skips (4)
Then I had a choc spread bread pudding (4syns and half hexA and 1 hexb)
Tonight we have BBQ pork chops and veg (4.5)

That makes my syns
14.5 and was hoping to try and stick to ten at the most.
How r u getting on today xx

Today iv had a normal breakfast using hex b but lunch was a crab stick salad (2) and a packet of skips (4)
Then I had a choc spread bread pudding (4syns and half hexA and 1 hexb)
Tonight we have BBQ pork chops and veg (4.5)

That makes my syns
14.5 and was hoping to try and stick to ten at the most.
How r u getting on today xx

oooh the choc spread bread pudding sounds nice! Do you have a recipe for that? Also, how are you making the bbq pork chops? I've been meaning to buy some pork and try out a recipe.

I'm getting on ok, I have the munchies today, but I've not eaten anything extra so far that I've written down in my daily plan! Just browsing whilst I'm on lunch for some recipe inspiration! Found a good site with loads of recipe ideas, I think they are all mainly EE but if you substitute a few of the other items for veg etc they could make low syn red or green! Here is the link http://www.**************************.com/#

xx

Yeh I got the recipe of here
You get ur hex worth of bread and dot on a tbsp of choc spread (4syns) u won't have enough to cover both pieces of bread so just dot it around.
Cut in to squares and put in a bowl and sprinkle sweetener on top,
In a jug put 60ml water 60ml ss milk (I found this too much so will do 50ml of each next time)
Add a tea spoon of vanilla essence and stir and gently pour over the bread covering all the pieces and microwave for 4 mins ( really quick and easy but hits the spot!!

And I cheat a bit with my pork chops I just buy the maggi so juicy sticky BBQ it's 8.5 syns but we share it between us. It's ment for chicken but it's gorgeous on pork chops. Makes it taste like 1 big BBQ spare rib lol and coz it cooks in the bag the stay moist and don't turn dry and tough :) xx

When I have an Indian I always go for a chicken dhansak as the lentils give it a creamy flavour and it's only 6.5 syns. With Chinese, chicken/beef in black bean sauce is only 5 syns and in oyster sauce is 4.5. And of course plain rice and noodles are free.

Hope you enjoy your takeaway and your friend is ok x

Yeh I got the recipe of here
You get ur hex worth of bread and dot on a tbsp of choc spread (4syns) u won't have enough to cover both pieces of bread so just dot it around.
Cut in to squares and put in a bowl and sprinkle sweetener on top,
In a jug put 60ml water 60ml ss milk (I found this too much so will do 50ml of each next time)
Add a tea spoon of vanilla essence and stir and gently pour over the bread covering all the pieces and microwave for 4 mins ( really quick and easy but hits the spot!!

And I cheat a bit with my pork chops I just buy the maggi so juicy sticky BBQ it's 8.5 syns but we share it between us. It's ment for chicken but it's gorgeous on pork chops. Makes it taste like 1 big BBQ spare rib lol and coz it cooks in the bag the stay moist and don't turn dry and tough :) xx

Oooh that sounds lovely! I'm so going to try that out on Sunday!!! yum yum!!! Thank you for the idea! Might try the pork too!

Looking forward to next week already!! Thank you!! x

Back