Back to Slimming World! I WILL lose the weight!

When I have an Indian I always go for a chicken dhansak as the lentils give it a creamy flavour and it's only 6.5 syns. With Chinese, chicken/beef in black bean sauce is only 5 syns and in oyster sauce is 4.5. And of course plain rice and noodles are free.

Hope you enjoy your takeaway and your friend is ok x

Thank you for the helpful takeaway hints! I've never tried a Dhansak so I might give it a go! But I do like meat in oyster sauce too.... tough choice!

I hope she is too! I'm sure a cheeky chocolate treat and a takeaway will cheer her up :) I hope your week is going well! :)

x

Last nights Chinese was a nice treat! Not eaten one in forever! It was nice to eat a tasty lowish syn meal. It was followed by a handful of tutti frutti's which are lovely, I left the bag with my friend! Also had one of the golddigga choc a blok cupcakes.... sooo nice! So I'm glad I blew my syns on something tasty this week! Who knows how many syns I consumed last night. Oh well, my weight has crept up anyway (don't know why) so I'm not expecting a loss! Red/green days ahoy!

Today's food:

Breakfast: Apple, bran flakes Hex B, muller light

Lunch: Mugshot, apple, 1 babybel Hex A (rest on milk), FF greek yogurt with 1 options mint 2.5 syns

Dinner: Not sure yet.... probably jacket with tuna mayo 1 syn, salad, FF cottage cheese, corn on the cob.

Snacks: turkey, 2 mikado 1 syn, aplen light, 3 syns, 1 lindt choc teddy 4 syns?!

Total: 10.5 syns

Did you go for the oyster sauce? Glad you had a yummy treat that was actually yummy. I wouldn't worry about what the scales say too much. I've been scale jumping this week and I've been 10st 9lbs one day and today I'm 10st 4lbs!? I think you're right about needing to hide the scales and only get them out on WI day xx

Did you go for the oyster sauce? Glad you had a yummy treat that was actually yummy. I wouldn't worry about what the scales say too much. I've been scale jumping this week and I've been 10st 9lbs one day and today I'm 10st 4lbs!? I think you're right about needing to hide the scales and only get them out on WI day xx

We had two menus and I desperately tried to find the oyster sauce dishes and neither had them! So instead I opted for a Chicken Chow Mein. Didn't eat it all either so I was proud of myself. Could have easily finished it all though! Yep the yummy treat was good! I highly recommend! My OH gets back from Ireland today so I'm going to tell him to hide them away. Then I will give myself a week on green/red and see what the results are! I think it's partly down to carbs, it's slowing down my system and irritating my so called IBS!

10st 4, wow! That's another big loss isn't it?! I can't wait to get to that weight... aiming to be 10 stone come my 30th, so I have until March! x

Glad you enjoyed your Chinese!:)

Reading title of your diary, I had to come and take a look. You are doing well and your food always sounds good.

Hey Rosielea, thank you! Although I've gone back to square one this weekend! Oops. Starting fresh with a red/green week as EE just doesn't work for me! X

EE does not work for everyone. It took me a while to experiment with it and once I felt comfortable then carried on (Initially, I followed a lot of Green days). I use SW principles but eat anything I want and at the end of the day when I write my diary, I classify the food in SW catergories. I needed to change my attitude towards food and incorporate some exercise too - walking every day. I am looking at the plan as a new lifestyle and something that I can follow for long time, so tailoring it to my needs was a wise idea. There are times, that I eat out or have dinner for family & friends, so on those occasions, I accept to eat their way but the day after go back to my plan.

Do not beat up yourself about going over syns. Just start fresh tomorrow.

EE does not work for everyone. It took me a while to experiment with it and once I felt comfortable then carried on (Initially, I followed a lot of Green days). I use SW principles but eat anything I want and at the end of the day when I write my diary, I classify the food in SW catergories. I needed to change my attitude towards food and incorporate some exercise too - walking every day. I am looking at the plan as a new lifestyle and something that I can follow for long time, so tailoring it to my needs was a wise idea. There are times, that I eat out or have dinner for family & friends, so on those occasions, I accept to eat their way but the day after go back to my plan.

Do not beat up yourself about going over syns. Just start fresh tomorrow.

Thanks Rosielea :) A diet like this definitely takes some time to figure out what works best! For me it's definitely Red/green. It will probably be mainly red days too as I just can't eat that many carbs! So after a mainly red week this week we'll see what the scales say next Monday! Fingers crossed! I also treat myself to something sweet everyday, be it a curly wurly or a mini milk! I need it to keep sane!

Do you have a diary, I'll have to have a read! x

Well I was right, the scales say I'm 1.5lbs up! But not to worry, at least I now know that EE is not for me! In fact I think the way to go for me is mainly red days, best to stay clear from as many carbs as I can!

Friday night I was naughty and had a chicken tikka masala :( but it was soooo worth it! I enjoyed it! yum. It's fair to say I didn't really stay on track this weekend, but it doesn't matter, I knew I would gain either way! Fresh start today :D

What I basically ate this weekend....

Saturday:

Breakfast: pain au chocolat

Lunch: sushi, monster munch orange juice

Snack: toast

Dinner: party food!!!!

Sunday:

Breakfast: Full English at my grandmas!

Dinner: BBQ chicken thighs, corn on the cob and peas.

Snacks: special K biscuits things, mini milk, curly wurly.

Sunday was ok, but still didn't syn count! Next post will be my back on track diary!

Thanks Rosielea :) A diet like this definitely takes some time to figure out what works best! For me it's definitely Red/green. It will probably be mainly red days too as I just can't eat that many carbs! So after a mainly red week this week we'll see what the scales say next Monday! Fingers crossed! I also treat myself to something sweet everyday, be it a curly wurly or a mini milk! I need it to keep sane!

Do you have a diary, I'll have to have a read! x
Link to my diary is under my posting in the signature section. Happy Monday.

Monday 1st October:

Today's meal plan: Red day

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 1/2 tbsp ketchup 0.5 syns, bran flakes Hex B, WW yog.

Lunch: Tuna/smoked salmon/ egg salad, 1/2 tbsp light mayo 0.5 syns, muller light, cheese stick Hex A

Dinner: 2 WW sausages 1 syn, carrot & swede mash, cooked in veg stock, broccoli and green beans

Snacks: Alpen light (only 1) 1 piece of brown bread Hex B, beetroot, ham, brown bread 2.5 syns, choc spread 4 syns, handful salted popcorn 1syn, milk Hex A

Total: 9.5

I really need to write out my weekly plan! Just not had time to do it yet! Will try my best to get it up later!

Last edited:
I think I may be eating too much on this diet... I know it doesn't have restrictions but I think I need them! Tomorrow I'm going to try to cut back on the snacks in between meals, if I'm hungry I'll have a cup of tea!

I don't eat bad things, just have to big a portion size! Need to control myself!

Do not worry about eating big portions. Initially you do that, but later on your body does not require big portions any longer. Mind my portions vary, sometime I go through a phase that I cut right back and other times the portions are huge. I do not mind as I am eating within plan.

I feel like I'm eating loads too aswell and I found that when I used to do this diet if I ate loads and all my syns ild lose a pound if I cut back a bit ild lose 2-2.5 but I was happy losing the pound because I never once felt restricted and still managed a pound loss. So if ur losing and "eating too much" try and stay positive.
Any ways I have never tasted smoked salmon? I love salmon though im realy tempted
To give it a go and where to u buy it? I'v never seen it either x

Thanks Rosielea & Slimfor2013 for your words of advice! I'm sticking to the plan well, I'm not going overboard and eating anything extra and I'm making good choices. It just feels like I'm gaining weight? I do suffer with IBS quite badly so it's often the case that I'm digesting food for days and get very bloated. I did have two non SW days over the weekend so I'm probably paying the price for it now! I guess I'll stick religiously to the red and green this week and see how I get on on the scales next Monday! If it's not that good, maybe next week I'll stick to the red diet but instead substitute all my meat for quorn varieties! I did lose 3lbs, but yesterday I was 1.5 up, I think due to the fact that EE is just not for me!

Slimfor2013 - I love smoked salmon! It's really tasty. It's great on scrambled eggs, in salad or on a bagel with light cream cheese! It's easy to come buy, you can get it in any supermarket, I think it is found by the fresh fish.

On today's menu: Tuesday 2nd October

Red day:

Breakfast: 1 slice toast Hex B, 1 tsp choc spread 1.5 syns 7am, wheetaflakes Hex B and a WW yog 9am.

Lunch: 2 babybels Hex A, Tuna, salmon, egg salad with 1 tsp light mayo 1 syn, muller light.

Dinner: Diet Coke chicken..... never tried this but I've read everywhere it's really good! Need to source out a good recipe.... served with veg and 1 syn worth philly

Snacks: 2 apples, options 2.5 syns, 10 mikado sticks 5 syns

Total syns: 11 syns

Last edited:
Food for today looks good. If you suffer from IBS should you not avoid things like Quorn and soya?.

I probably should! But it seems to be every kind of food that effects me, suffered all my life, just grown to accept I'll never have normal insides! x

Back