Back to Slimming World! I WILL lose the weight!

Rachel1903

Silver Member
Day 1 on my SW diet and I've decided to keep a diet tracker for all to see. I'm hoping this will keep me motivated!

Tried and failed on so many other diets.... but I've met so many people who have had success with SW I thought I would give it a go myself!

(Posted in the slimming world thread originally, re-posted in this one!)

Monday 10th September:

Red Day:

Breakfast: 30g Bran Flakes Hex B with 1 Muller light Strawberry

Mid Morning Snack: 1 x Alpen Light bar Hex B

Lunch: Leftover syn free cottage pie and Muller greek style yogurt - 1/2 syn

Mid afternoon snack: 1 x Alpen Light bar Hex B, few slices of turkey

Dinner: Chicken stuffed with leeks, garlic, FF cottage cheese served with roasted carrots and broccoli.

After dinner snack: Curly Wurly 6 syns

mid day treat - 2 x fruit gums 1 syn

Total 7.5 syns

Daily Exercise: Gym session for 1 hour

Hopefully I'll stick to the menu plan! See you again tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Morning :)

I'm happy to say that day 1 of my new diet plan went well! I didn't feel hungry once! So I'm hoping today will be just as successful. I also went back to the gym for the first time in 4 weeks (due to a holiday and lots of eating in which I gained about 4 or 5 lbs!). I have a personal trainer once a week for half an hour, I thought I'd start back with an impact, but I'm really feeling it today! My legs are like jelly! On the plus side I did sleep a lot better :) I was planning to go again tonight and do his X fit class, but I don't think I'll manage much with my jelly legs! So I'm going to go again tomrrow!

As for todays diet plan...

Tuesday 11th Sept 2012

Green day

Breakfast: Magic porridge Hex B - read about this in the breakfast thread, it's really yummy!

Mid morning snack: 1 alpen light Hex B, apple

Lunch: Jacket potato with beans, FF cottage cheese and homemade coleslaw. 1 tbsp extra light mayo 1 syn and a muller light

Mid afternoon snack: 1 alpen light Hex B, 2 x fruit gums 1 syn

Dinner: Gammon and Pea Risotto with parmesan 1 Hex A followed by an ice lolly with ice cream centre - 4.5 syns

Total: 6.5 syns (I may have more throughout the day if I'm feeling peckish!)

See you tomorrow! x

Morning :)

My legs KILL today! Talk about throwing myself in at the deep end with my return to the gym... I've only been away for 4 weeks, but it feels like I've not done any exercise for about 2 years!!!

I have the munchies today.... I think it might be because it's a little chilly here in the office! It's also someones 40th birthday and as tradition the birthday boy or girl always brings in a box of choc or cakes.... I did have one small rice krispie thing.... Resisted the temptation of having more!

I hope this diet works for me..... I did it a few years ago and I never seemed to budge any weight... but if I stick to it religiously and track every thing that passes my lips, fingers crossed it will work for me! :D

Red Day:

Breakfast: Magic Porridge - Hex B

Mid Morning Snack: mini rice krispie bite 2 syns, apple

Lunch: Left over free cottage pie, muller greek yog 1/2 syn

Mid Afternoon Snack: slices of turkey and ham, 2 fruit gums 1 syn

Dinner: 2 egg omlette with FF fromage frais, ham, parmesan 1/2 Hex A,
side salad with extra light mayo 1 syn, 1 corn on the cob, skinless drumstick

Dessert: curly wurly 6 syns

other half of Hex A in form of milk for tea :)

Total syns: 10.5

I don't know what it is, at the end of the day I always feel like I've pigged out?!?! But when I look back at the diary I realise I've not done so bad... I hope to at least lose 1lb this week! Need to get out of the size 14 trousers and into the size 12's for Xmas...

My goal is to lose at least 7lbs by Xmas! I hope this is achievable!!!! Fingers crossed!

Hi Hun, thank you for pointing that out! Might just opt for the EE day then! It's going to take a while to get used to getting used to what I can have each day! :) I need to keep researching this site for good ideas for meals, it's quite difficult to think some up sometimes! I hope you've had a good day :)X

It's been quite good thanks...one step closer to the weekend at least, haha! Although it's also one step closer to weigh in, which isn't going to be good after vodka-gate at the weekend! :eek: Oops!

It took me ages to work out what I could and couldn't have on red and green days, which is why I only did EE for a long time - you'll soon get the hang of it though I'm sure :)

Hope you enjoyed your krispie cake! :)

xx

I hope you're enjoying SW so far. I absolutely love it but still haven't managed to get my head around Red and Green so have stuck to Extra Easy - it seems to be working though. Once you get used to what you can and can't have it's actually really easy to come up with recipe ideas, plus there's so much inspiration on here and in the Slimming World magazines that you'll have loads of favourite recipes in no time. It's also really fun experimenting in the kitchen and making syn-ful recipes syn-free.

I've just noticed we're the same height and have the same target! Good luck with it
:)

It's been quite good thanks...one step closer to the weekend at least, haha! Although it's also one step closer to weigh in, which isn't going to be good after vodka-gate at the weekend! :eek: Oops!

It took me ages to work out what I could and couldn't have on red and green days, which is why I only did EE for a long time - you'll soon get the hang of it though I'm sure :)

Hope you enjoyed your krispie cake! :)

xx

hey hun, Good to hear you had a good day! Yes I agree, the weekend couldn't come quickly enough! Good luck for your weigh in, I'm sure you'll have good results :) I don't go to the meetings as I don't have the spare pounds to use :( so I try my best to do it from home using all the threads on here as motivation to stick to it! I'm off out for a meal this weekend with some friends... so not quite sure how to work that one out! Think I'll stick to an EE day though!

Oh and the krispie cake was yum.... just way too small! :)

x

I hope you're enjoying SW so far. I absolutely love it but still haven't managed to get my head around Red and Green so have stuck to Extra Easy - it seems to be working though. Once you get used to what you can and can't have it's actually really easy to come up with recipe ideas, plus there's so much inspiration on here and in the Slimming World magazines that you'll have loads of favourite recipes in no time. It's also really fun experimenting in the kitchen and making syn-ful recipes syn-free.

I've just noticed we're the same height and have the same target! Good luck with it
:)

Hi :)

Yes, I'm enjoying SW quite a bit! It's quite fun planning the meals out and I love cooking all the new recipes! I think I may have to give myself some EE days to get my head around it too, I get confused quite easily! I shall have to have a look at your diary and recipe blog for some good inspiration! :)

We do have the same goal!!! Wow you've lost a stone so far, well done! I think any less than 10 stone and I'd look like a rake! Although I will probably decide otherwise once I hit it... If I get there! I think I may edit my signature and add in some goals!

Good luck! x

Hi everyone!

My legs are still aching from Monday! Added to that I'm feeling rather sleepy today, I could quite easily roll into bed right now! Oh well only another 3.5 hours of work to go! Due to the sleepiness my menu today is far from exciting! I really need to compile a list of yummy recipes to create!

Thursday 13th September:

Green Day:

Breakfast: Bran Flakes Hex B with a WW layered fromage frais 1.5 syns

Snack 1: Aplen light Hex B, apple

Lunch: Chicken noodle mug shot, muller light mandarin

Snack 2: Handful of salted popcorn 1 syn, 2 fruit gums 1 syn

Dinner: Syn free chips, 2 fry light fried eggs, mushy peas, curly wurly 6 syns

Hex A milk allowance for the day, 2 mini baby bels

Total: 9.5 syns

I need to come up with some better lunch ideas! It's getting cold so need some nice yummy dishes I can heat up in the microwave, any suggestions??? Red or green :)

Let's hope next weeks menu will be more exciting.....speaking of exciting, I'm going to order some Spaghetti Squashes! Wanted to try them for aaaaages!

Yay it's Friday!!

Another boring and non inspirational menu ahead of me today. I needed easy meals as I'm out and about and won't be able to cook anything yummy! I hope that I have lost at least a pound by Monday... I've been on this diet before and didn't lose, so I'm hoping that because I have stuck to it properly and not had MASSIVE portions that I should of at least lost a little bit! Fingers crossed! I guess I'll find out on Monday morning :)

Another green day today:

Breakfast: 2 x Weetabix Hex B with Muller light

Mid snack: Alpen light HexB

Lunch: Jacket with beans, FF cottage cheese and homemade coleslaw for 1 syn

Snack: Apple, 2 fruit gums 1 syn, Alpen Hex B

Dinner: Pasta n Sauce with veg, curly wurly 6 syns

Hex A milk for tea and pasta.

Total: 8 syns

I need a chocolate fix everyday... gives me something to look forward to at the end of a long, hard day! But I think I may need to alternate on the treats.... need some other small but yummy goodies to tuck into!

I think my plan for today is to write out next weeks meal plan... that could take a few hours! Going to find some delicious recipes to use!

Hello everyone :)

I didn't get the chance to log in yesterday and do my food diary! But it basically consisted of an EE day! I ended up meeting with some friends and eating out, So I probably ate a few more syns than I should have! Although I resisted dessert, which was rather hard as I love puds!

Anyway I ended up eating:

OSS - HexB

Uncle Bens Chilli Rice Time - 1.5 syns

30 cocoa pops (I had a strange craving) 5 syns

sausage and mash: I dont know! 20 syns?!?!

26.5 syns ( although I have not eaten all my syn values this week so it's not too bad!)

I met up with another friend who as also been doing slimming world and she has lost 9 pounds in 6 weeks! She's not got a lot of weight to lose anyway so it's amazing how she's lost it so quickly! Very inspirational... I'll be lucky if I've lost 1 pound! She told me she did EE every day, so I think I will try that this week.

Hi, i only joined SW on thursday an have been looking through some other people diarys for ideas and inspiration!! I noticed that on thursday you had a WW layred fromage frais and syned it at 1 1/2 syns, i have been having these and checked twice and they are ony 1/2 a syn each on every plan. Good luck on youe weight loss journey. x

Hi, i only joined SW on thursday an have been looking through some other people diarys for ideas and inspiration!! I noticed that on thursday you had a WW layred fromage frais and syned it at 1 1/2 syns, i have been having these and checked twice and they are ony 1/2 a syn each on every plan. Good luck on youe weight loss journey. x

Hi :)

Thank you for pointing that out! That's good news! Means I can buy some more of them now!! How are you finding the diet? Are you doing a diary on here? I'm slowly getting used to it, but this week I've decided to go for an EE week, might alternate between the two if it goes ok! Good luck to you also :) x

Hi again,

Here is a quick post as I have spent most of the day working! Here goes for my first EE day :)

Breakfast/brunch: 2 soft boiled eggs, ham and 1 slice toast Hex B

Hex A 1/6 milk, 1/6 parmesan, 2/3 baby bel (haha)

dinner: Syn free chilli with rice and natural yogurt, curly wurly 6 syns

snacks: 6 mikado sticks 3 syns

total: 9 syns

I wonder if will have lost any weight tomorrow??? I doubt it, I don't feel any different!! :( Having a bloated feeling day today :( Fingers crossed for at least 1lb!

Good luck with your WI x

Good morning :)

I'm happy to report I have lost just short of 2lbs! I'm very happy with this as I'm a slow loser, so 2lbs is better than 1lb! 13lbs to go.... I'd love to lose 7lbs by Xmas, although I'll probably gain a few back due to the festive eating!!! Oh well, it only happens once a year!

Day 2 of my EE week :)

Breakfast: Bran Flakes Hex B, muller light

Lunch: Tomato mug shot, 2 baby bel (2/3 Hex A), muller light

Dinner: Egg & chip bake, frozen curly wurly 6 syns

Snacks: apple, 2 fruit gums 1 syn, cold meats, beetroot, 1 alpen light 3 syns, 1/3 milk Hex A

Total syns: 10

I'm going to use my spare time this week to try to create some EE meals, plan ahead for next weeks shopping list! I need to be more creative with my food :)

Back