Back to square one...

Nemesis82

Silver Member
Hi,

I started SW at the start of last December. I was full of motivation and attended the classes although my consultant was scatty and ran a poorly organised class. I figured it was important just to go and weigh even if the classes did not match the descriptions. I have a lot of weight to lose and in the first few weeks lost 12 lbs (and this included losing 3lbs over xmas/new year!). I was ecstatic but then the week after new year, my consultant suddenly cancelled her classes citing illness. Since then, i have never returned to a SW class.

Initially the problem was my working hours clashed with the other available classes and now i have lost the initial drive i had. I am really struggling to start again and, according to my scales, i have put 8lbs back on :(. Each week i say to myself, ill start again on Monday but Monday comes and its never happened.

I know i sound like im moaning, i guess i just need a good kick up the bum! :) What has helped other folk who have fallen off the wagon?? I need some tips & inspiration please...

Sheer determination. Its scary to get back on the wagon. Waiting until Monday wont help. What about today? I started slimming world at lunch one day! Ate my normal fatty breakfast and looked into SW online and started at my next meal. But at the end of the day u have to want it more than u want biscuits or crisps or Choc or whatever u don't want to "give up". If u dont want it bad enough u prob wont stick to it. :( The longer u wait the more u will gain. So hop back on the wagon when ur ready and everyone here will be ready to support u! Be good to yourself love. Xxx

You've done it once, so you know you can do it again!

Good luck with getting back on track, we've all been there!

i just wanted to add - you need to get back to a class, was that the only local group for you? I would look into where the nearest classes are and get along for some group support.

You did so well and it seems a shame to stop that just by a little blip.

I have had some horrible gains after holidays and christmas - and you just have to dust yourself off, and get right back to it. No excuses, not deliberating - just START NOW!

I wish you all the luck and hope you become a terrific loser (in the nicest way of course)

x

It comes down to how much you want to lose the weight, and whether you are willing to make that change. You've done it before and you can do it again, and you know it works because your excellent loss before is the proof! I wouldn't let that 8lb gain put you off, as it will increase and before you know it you will be back to where you started.

I joined SW last Sept and lost nearly a stone, and after 6 weeks or so I stopped going because I had spent a couple of weeks off plan, eating out and told myself it was "too late" and convinced myself that I had piled on loads of pounds. Over the next couple of months I was miserable and kept telling myself I would rejoin but couldn't bring myself to give up my love of bad food, I was holding onto it but feeling more and more guilty inside...I kept beating myself up over it and telling myself I could have lost another stone during this time if only I hadn't given up. After Xmas, enough was enough and I went out to Tesco, stocked up on fruit and veg and started sticking to the plan again. I got over my fear of weighing myself and found that I had only gained 4Ilbs! Wasn't half as bad as I was imagining. I added lots of body magic and felt fantastic after only 5 days! Some times I still look back and think...if only I had continued SW last year, I could have been even lighter and more closer to my goal...but you have to look forward and move on.

In 1 month, I have lost 20lbs and i'm enjoying my SW journey with all it's ups and downs and cannot WAIT to reach my target because I know I can do it. And so can you :) x

Last edited:
What made me get back on the wagon was seeing myself in a photo and then standing on the scales and realising that I had put on ALL of the weight I had previously lost! You have ONLY put 8Ib's back on, you need to ask yourself, do you want to be like me in 6 months time, having gained all your weight you lost, and worked hard for, back on?

I am guessing the answer is a resounding NO.

So get all your books out tonight and plan tomorrow, and start tomorrow, dont wait til Monday! Take each day as it comes until it sticks, come here, start a food dairy. Message me the link to your food dairy and I will come and support you, just like I am sure others will.

You need to believe in yourself, and stop making excuses!!

YOU CAN DO THIS!! *waves pom poms*

hi, i fell off the sw wagon last year(through complancey i think), tried another plan and just couldn't get on with it, over xmas started to think seriously and realised that i was much happier on sw than i was off it(it has now become a lifstyle change), and although i know my route has been scenic i will do it.
Looks like you're in the right mindst to start back, just want to say good

Thanks for all the responses!! I just wanted to say thank you for all the wise words! I have restarted SW and i feel better for it! I have found a new class and will head back next week. I am seeing it as a little blip which i can get over and i am once again having fun creating new meal ideas: once again my food plates are colourful and not grey stodge :)

Once again, thanks, xx

Back