Back to WW or stick with SW advice please

Re eating veg. Just introduce them slowly. Maybe dry fry some onions and mixed peppers in fry light and add them to a sarnie. or even make pasta sauces?

I read somewhere that for your palette to change u have to eat it 11 times? Can't remember but might be worth a google. X

Thanks hun x

Lanky how u getting on? I'm on day 4 now And I have to say I've fou d it much better than Sw, I was constantly eating before and now I know I have my points an I'm making smarter food choices to fill up my points.
Went to maccies the other day thinking ohhhhh I can have a cheese burger it's only 8 points gotthere, the. Thought hmmmm if I don't have that I got 8 points to spend on summat else!
Just finding it odd getting my head roud the pro points as I was so used to syning everything .
A x

yes, look at my ticker, lost each week so far :D

it really does appear to be different for each individual though, some people don't lose if they use them. i think you have to use them and see how you get on. i have 13 weekly points to last until WI on wednesday night and they will be used before then!

i am on the basic 29 daily points so definitely need to use my weeklies!

xx

the ticker is the weight loss countdown showing i have lost 13 pounds in 6 weeks, i assume you don't see signatures on the itunes app then

No just the post , I have posted on the the technical section that my phone saves my settings which enables me to log on straight away which is great, but when I try log in through a pc it says password/ username incorrect!
So consequently I can't do anything other than use my phone which is annoying cos id like to put a prof pic on and as you say I'd be able to see signatures.
Not had a reply yet so stuck at the mo

hi, i've switched to ww from sw last week to, did tr ww last year, and in all fairness, been doing sw so long, didn't give it a fair go. I've been find sw very expensive, and, not really enjoying meetings, as, didn't think i was learning anything. Have enjoyed the more food choice with ww, and enjoying the portion control of the healthy eating:D

Try roasting some veg like courgettes, carrots, aubergine, swede, butternut squash etc. The roasting brings out the natural sugars and makes them more palatable.

Is it that you can just give or take veg or does it make you gag to eat it? (sometimes I think people confuse indifference with something they don't like). If you can eat it without gagging then keep trying because as another poster says, if you keep trying stuff then you will come to like it, or so they say.

It seems that different things work for different people. I know I lose more if I eat my weeklies and tbh, I don't want to feel deprived so I use them. I use at least half of them but keep back about 10 each week as a failsafe and I don't eat them in the 2 days prior to WI. I would say experiment and see what works for you. Don't be frightened of them though x

snap, i do exactly the same and i'm happy with my weight loss.

i hated sw, the meetings were like an army camp and the food was so monotonous.

After losing 3 and 1/2 stone on SW three times over I am forever grateful I have found WW as this really will be my last time!

There is no doubt that SW works and gets the weight off however I believe it left me with an unhealthy relationship with food

When does a naturally thin person eat a whole packet of ham because it's a "free" food?

When does a normal eater eat a massive plate of potatoes with gravy because it's "free"

And how does calling foods SYNS effect your take on high "SYNED" food? Sin is quite a powerful word

The world of WW is one of variety, choice, little & often and NO deprivation... SW encouraged me to be even greedier & eat loads and loads of so called free food and then when not following the diet I binged, binged, binged on all those "synful" foods as had felt deprived so then ended up fatter than ever

I never feel deprived on WW. Sometimes I don't have enough points to eat exactly what I want, when I want but I always tell myself it's ok because my points start again tomorrow so I can eat it then if I want (by which time the craving has gone!)

Sorry for mega long post i have just battled with so many food issues for 11yrs and now having found WW I do feel in the long term SW gave me more bad habits than good ones as didn't teach me portion control or balanced meals

WW rocks :)

i hated sw, the meetings were like an army camp and the food was so monotonous.

Glad I'm not the only one - the meetings were so awful, a list of what everyone had lost/gained, 95% of the members whinging (I had a particularly naff group!) and the leader giving NO advice or help, telling everyone she eats constantly, even when cooking meals. I lost 2lb in my 4th week and she turned round and said "Well what are you actually going to do to lose more next week then?" in a really spiteful tone, as though I hadn't bothered sticking to plan. I spat back "Nothing, because 1-2lb a week is the recommended loss on a healthly eating regime" and walked out. I never went back. She really wasn't very good.

It didn't help me with my problems of overeating, portion control or choices. And I agree, I hate the word "syn" because it made me feel like I really shouldn't be eating them. I do like the theory behind SW, and it does work - I just know it's not the eating plan for me.

I know all meetings and members are different, but I much prefer WW - there's interaction, advice, the your week magazine... I just feel more comfortable there!

Glad I'm not the only one - the meetings were so awful, a list of what everyone had lost/gained, 95% of the members whinging (I had a particularly naff group!) and the leader giving NO advice or help, telling everyone she eats constantly, even when cooking meals. I lost 2lb in my 4th week and she turned round and said "Well what are you actually going to do to lose more next week then?" in a really spiteful tone, as though I hadn't bothered sticking to plan. I spat back "Nothing, because 1-2lb a week is the recommended loss on a healthly eating regime" and walked out. I never went back. She really wasn't very good.

It didn't help me with my problems of overeating, portion control or choices. And I agree, I hate the word "syn" because it made me feel like I really shouldn't be eating them. I do like the theory behind SW, and it does work - I just know it's not the eating plan for me.

I know all meetings and members are different, but I much prefer WW - there's interaction, advice, the your week magazine... I just feel more comfortable there!

I agree, and the reading out EVERYONES loss/gain... is that really neccesary? I like how ww does the silver 7's.. thats more than enough embarrasment for me. :p I find my ww class is a lot smaller and because of that everyone gets to speak, and the leader has time for everyone.

In total agreement regarding the eating habits... i found myself eating bacon at 11pm once... >_<

I've just started Pro Points today after a few years of following SW. I do like the plan and agree that it works if followed religiously but I have come to the same conclusion that it teaches nothing about portion control. I'm enjoying it so far!

I'm currently doing SW as I am pregnant, however once baby is born I'm moving back to to WW.

I've been doing a little experiment where I've been eating the SW plan but pro pointing everything and found that what I eat would be within my daily points, especially as fruit is now zero points.

I've decided that as there is no difference, I might as well follow WW as it offers better flexibility for weekend eating. I'm obviously not taking 'advantage' of free food and I still weigh my pasta/potatoes

SW has been brilliant teaching me to eat fruit first as snacks, picking healthier foods and keeping treats to smaller amounts but I like the weekly idea.

I'm the same, I did the sw extra easy plan because I thought it looked to good to be true! But I like eating out and chocolate. I love pro points

Back