Back with my tail between my legs - am I doing the right thing?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by dinkadonka, 21 May 2007 Social URL.

1. dinkadonka

dinkadonka Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Guys,

I started Cambridge in Feb and lost 2stone and 10lbs in 2 months which I was soooo happy about but for one reason or another I went back to my piggy old ways and ended up gaining half a stone in the last few weeks. I know I have still lost 2 stone but I just couldnt get back on track with CD and after cross words with my CDC (that I cant go into) I ended up admitting defeat that I couldnt live without eating normal food.

I decided to start slimming world and I hopped on the scales this morning after 3 days and had lost NOTHING... NADA... ABSOLUTELY ZILCH!!
    It reminded me that when I was on cambridge almost every day I would see a pound dropping and the feeling was brilliant.

I am now thinking of returning to Cambridge with my tail between my legs, I will need to see a new counsellor that I have found but I have 8 stone to lose and I am going to try my hardest to get it off my christmas. I have the willpower of a pea, can I do this? Am I doing the right thing??

Any advice is much welcomed!!!
    Thanks guys
    Verity x x x x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CLUCKS

CLUCKS Full Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    ........ nevermind!

I did EXACTLY the same thing myself, lost 2.5 st with LL then put the whole lot back on!!!!! What an idiot! I never did maintenance (big big mistake) this time its different, harder to SS BUT now I'm back on it all fine & dandy!

You are soooooooo not alone - dont beat yourself up anymore. Past is past, future's all in front of you! I've got about 3st to lose & I will this time and I'll do maintenance & follow steps so that I dont have to SS again!

Best of luck xxx

4. Brightness

Brightness Happily on CD

I agree, you're so not alone in this! I've lost and regained so many times but now I've found a CDC that I am really comfortable with and the weight is coming off. OK I still have bad days occasionally but as she told me last week - you are only human!

Take each day as it comes and if you have a bad day then just chalk it down to experience and draw a line under it. Start afresh the next day :)

Take care and good luck :)

5. stacey

stacey i love minimins me :)

verity hunny *hugs* i know u can do this and u know it to, i have every faith in u doin this and u no i will help u as much as i can :D an u have ur adele to,

good luck hun

love u lots xxx

6. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    If you liked CD and have a new more supportive CDC you can do it - we'll help!!! BUT it is harder 2nd time around.

If you prefer eating food and think SW will work for you - albeit slower .... then stick to that. It's about finding a diet/plan that works for you.

Whatever you decide we'll be here for you - good luck!

7. kazbro

kazbro jelly belly

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.58%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    hey verity well done for trying again
    well i have another 8 stone to go to be at goal
    so how`s about we do this together
    i`m ss you gonna do ss or 790?

kaz

8. dinkadonka

dinkadonka Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Im gonna do SS too kazbro and thats really kind of you thankyou id love to do it together :)

9. CLUCKS

CLUCKS Full Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    I think that's a great idea - its even better when you have a buddy xxxx

10. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Fantastic - now we can cheer on kazbro and vjs87uk together. :party0019: :party0016: :party0011: :grouphugg: :party0038: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss:

11. dinkadonka

dinkadonka Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    AWWW thanks guys, I couldnt do it without you x x x

12. kazbro

kazbro jelly belly

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.58%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    i`ll message you my e-mail then we can share highs and lows
    do you have msn/

kaz :D

13. nadhak

nadhak LIGHTER LIFE FOR LIFE

Diet:
    lighter life maintaining and occasional re-starting
    Hi Verity
    well done - you have recognised that you need to address your weight & you have faced up to it!
    we are all on here because we cannot do it alone - we lose the weight - we lose our focus - we lose our minds worrying about it - we gain - we maintain - in fact I have done all of the above and I bet 75% of minimins members have too!
    Come on here and pour your heart out and we will support and encourage each other!
    Best of luck with the new counsellor / SW

14. dinkadonka

dinkadonka Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  15. iwilldothis

iwilldothis New Member

Diet:
    just starting cambridge
    wow its weird i came across this thread on my first time....
    i started the CD a few months back....and didnt even last till the end of the second day.....what a let down i am was so disappointed with myself buried my head in the sand....
    ive had a funny weekend and been thinking about it alot....and tonight i phoned my old cdc also with my tail between my legs....!!! im back seeing her tomorro!!!! i need lots of help this time guys to get me past the first 3 days !!!
    VJS could i add you for support??
    lisa x

16. dinkadonka

dinkadonka Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    of course u can add me thatd be great x x speak soon

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.