Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Back with my tail between my legs - am I doing the right thing?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by dinkadonka, 21 May 2007 Social URL.

1. dinkadonka

dinkadonka Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Guys,

I started Cambridge in Feb and lost 2stone and 10lbs in 2 months which I was soooo happy about but for one reason or another I went back to my piggy old ways and ended up gaining half a stone in the last few weeks. I know I have still lost 2 stone but I just couldnt get back on track with CD and after cross words with my CDC (that I cant go into) I ended up admitting defeat that I couldnt live without eating normal food.

I decided to start slimming world and I hopped on the scales this morning after 3 days and had lost NOTHING... NADA... ABSOLUTELY ZILCH!!
    It reminded me that when I was on cambridge almost every day I would see a pound dropping and the feeling was brilliant.

I am now thinking of returning to Cambridge with my tail between my legs, I will need to see a new counsellor that I have found but I have 8 stone to lose and I am going to try my hardest to get it off my christmas. I have the willpower of a pea, can I do this? Am I doing the right thing??

Any advice is much welcomed!!!
    Thanks guys
    Verity x x x x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CLUCKS

CLUCKS Full Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    ........ nevermind!

I did EXACTLY the same thing myself, lost 2.5 st with LL then put the whole lot back on!!!!! What an idiot! I never did maintenance (big big mistake) this time its different, harder to SS BUT now I'm back on it all fine & dandy!

You are soooooooo not alone - dont beat yourself up anymore. Past is past, future's all in front of you! I've got about 3st to lose & I will this time and I'll do maintenance & follow steps so that I dont have to SS again!

Best of luck xxx

4. Brightness

Brightness Happily on CD

I agree, you're so not alone in this! I've lost and regained so many times but now I've found a CDC that I am really comfortable with and the weight is coming off. OK I still have bad days occasionally but as she told me last week - you are only human!

Take each day as it comes and if you have a bad day then just chalk it down to experience and draw a line under it. Start afresh the next day :)

Take care and good luck :)

5. stacey

stacey i love minimins me :)

verity hunny *hugs* i know u can do this and u know it to, i have every faith in u doin this and u no i will help u as much as i can :D an u have ur adele to,

good luck hun

love u lots xxx

6. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    If you liked CD and have a new more supportive CDC you can do it - we'll help!!! BUT it is harder 2nd time around.

If you prefer eating food and think SW will work for you - albeit slower .... then stick to that. It's about finding a diet/plan that works for you.

Whatever you decide we'll be here for you - good luck!

7. kazbro

kazbro jelly belly

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.58%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    hey verity well done for trying again
    well i have another 8 stone to go to be at goal
    so how`s about we do this together
    i`m ss you gonna do ss or 790?

kaz

8. dinkadonka

dinkadonka Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Im gonna do SS too kazbro and thats really kind of you thankyou id love to do it together :)

9. CLUCKS

CLUCKS Full Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    I think that's a great idea - its even better when you have a buddy xxxx

10. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Fantastic - now we can cheer on kazbro and vjs87uk together. :party0019: :party0016: :party0011: :grouphugg: :party0038: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss:

11. dinkadonka

dinkadonka Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    AWWW thanks guys, I couldnt do it without you x x x

12. kazbro

kazbro jelly belly

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.58%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    i`ll message you my e-mail then we can share highs and lows
    do you have msn/

kaz :D

13. nadhak

nadhak LIGHTER LIFE FOR LIFE

Diet:
    lighter life maintaining and occasional re-starting
    Hi Verity
    well done - you have recognised that you need to address your weight & you have faced up to it!
    we are all on here because we cannot do it alone - we lose the weight - we lose our focus - we lose our minds worrying about it - we gain - we maintain - in fact I have done all of the above and I bet 75% of minimins members have too!
    Come on here and pour your heart out and we will support and encourage each other!
    Best of luck with the new counsellor / SW

14. dinkadonka

dinkadonka Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  15. iwilldothis

iwilldothis New Member

Diet:
    just starting cambridge
    wow its weird i came across this thread on my first time....
    i started the CD a few months back....and didnt even last till the end of the second day.....what a let down i am was so disappointed with myself buried my head in the sand....
    ive had a funny weekend and been thinking about it alot....and tonight i phoned my old cdc also with my tail between my legs....!!! im back seeing her tomorro!!!! i need lots of help this time guys to get me past the first 3 days !!!
    VJS could i add you for support??
    lisa x

16. dinkadonka

dinkadonka Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    of course u can add me thatd be great x x speak soon

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.