Backside for kicking (please!!)

Harry'sMom07

Silver Member
I've just come back from group and have lost 1lb this week. I lost 1lb last week. In fact, I have lost EVERY week since starting 13 weeks ago, but usually in a less one week/more next week pattern.

So WHY the bloody hell do I feel so down about losing 1lb?! I've lost 27lbs in those 13 weeks and didn't even put on over Christmas. I know I am doing well and should be really pleased.

Please can someone give me a good talking to and a virtual ass-kick?:(

A BIG kick to you! You are doing so well.
It took me 30 weeks to lose 30.5 pounds to get to target (1 pound below) and you have lost 27 pounds in 13 weeks! Double my rate.
Carry on girl, you are doing fab!

Solid and steady wt loss for 13 weeks- amazing, well done you.

Why are you feeling so down about it? Is there something else going on to be giving you the blues? Are you getting a bit bored with things?

You are so close now and such an inspiration to a newbie like me- I can only dream of success like yours.

Be proud of yourself lady! x

Thank you both :)

Why are you feeling so down about it? Is there something else going on to be giving you the blues? Are you getting a bit bored with things?

Nope, nothing going on that I'm aware of! I'm not remotely bored either - in fact I love the plan and still enthuse to others about it even after 3 months :D Perhaps it's just cos I'm soooo close to that 2 stone loss?:confused:

:whoopass::whoopass: you asked for it!!

Now next time you are out shopping put 27lbs of potatoes in a bag and carry them around for 20 mins - you'll soon feel good about your achievement!!

Maybe its because 1lb is an 'unexciting' loss? Its probably not going to get you Slimmer of the Week and its not a dramatic enough amount to have you jumping up and down at the scales but........ add all those 1lbs together and its a faaaaaabulous achievement! Its sooooo rare for someone to lose weight every single week and you should be really proud of what you've done for yourself!!!! I think its fab so head up, shoulders back and keep going - you're so gonna get to target!!!! xxx

Come on missy! Get it together! 1lb a week is a good loss and look how close you are to getting your 2 stone award that is a fantastic acheivement. You are losing weight yes it might be a bit slow but it is coming off rather than going on! Keep at it why not try mixing it up a bit? Try and have different healthy extras each day or try more superspeed food? Sometimes doing these things can give your metabolism a good boost!

Why not start putting £1 in a pot for every 1lb you lose then watch it add up!

Good luck for next week and dont be so down on your self!

You started SW a week or so after I did - in my 14 weeks of sticking 100% to plan even over Xmas and NY, I have lost 14lbs. You on the other hand have nearly doubled that! So yes, you need an arse kicking for feeling down - you have done superbly well ! Don't get me wrong, I'm totally happy with my 1lb a week average, but you should be jumping up and down and doing cartwheels! So do that and you might even burn some extra calories in the process :rotflmao:

Good luck with getting to target soon :fingerscrossed:

You are doing really really well and have achieved a great loss upto now. You need to be giving yourself a great big cheer not a kick as you have lost every week since joining which means you have been and are still committed to losing weight. We all think its only 1lb but 1lb of fat is more than you think. Just think if you were putting 1lb on rather than losing it every week. Hope you start to feel happier with your brilliant achievement as its people like you that come on this forum that we all look to for our own inspiration to prove that sw does work. xx

This has been around before, but it deserved dusting off.......................

Hello, do you know me?
If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why?

It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm Only One Pound, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat.

Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound." (as if that were such a terrible thing!)

For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing. And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!!

After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!

Thank you all for the talking to ;) And thanks Cocktailprincess for that - I like it!

I think I am just worried that it's all been going so well and I've got lots more to lose. I don't want it to slow down, but I guess it's bound to at some point, and maybe that point is now!

Onwards and downwards... ;)

Not only did you lose 1lb this week, but look at that percentage of body fat that you have lost - 13.24%, now that really counts for something and you must feel and look much better! Congratulations on the weight loss and almost reaching 2 stone!

1lb a week just doesn't sound very sexy....but losing 27lbs is! And after 27lbs people MUST be noticing and commenting! So love each of those cheeky little lbs! Well done you - keep it up! x

Can't remember who used to post this (might have been SlackAlice or MrsV) but this might come in handy - and hope it works otherwise this post will look silly!! xx

Attachments

• kutb.jpg
    kutb.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 44
And Harrysmom, you are doing sooooo well, I wish we all could lose that consistantly. You're a SW star pupil xxx

Back