Bad breath??

Bad breath is a sign that your not drinkin enough water! You need to pee the keytones out, and if you don't, they escape your body through your breath!

Or that's kinda what I understood from the q&a session we had in group!

If you go superdrug, you can get little bottles of mouthwash to keep in your handbag! I have issues drinking enough water so Mouthwash is my best friend!

Get the purple one. It makes your mouth tingle!!!

B x

Becks is right, the ketones are the things that cause bad breath, its not so much the water.

The solution is to drink Pepper Mint Tea, you can have as many sweetners in it as you wish BUT! not the power version of hte sweetner, only use pellet versions.

Hope that helps

Not having enough water will make the breath worse, but having enough won't make it go away, the ketones will come out in your breath no matter what, it's just that having enough water will make more of them come out in your pee and less come out in your breath.

Mouthwash, listerine strips and plenty to drink all help :)

Hey - you can use breath freshners like Goldspot... or any that are sugar free and don't contain citric acid. You can also apparently use the little breath 'strips' (Listerine used to make some, but I've not seen them in shops for AGES) and rinse with mouthwash.

You may find it's not such a big issue once your body adjusts - mine has been find for the last few months, but started out a bit pongy :p

A xx

hey,

when i done LL 2 yrs bak i was told i was allowed chewing gum provided its sugar-free however not reccomended as will make you feel hungry im on CD now and my counsellor also said it was allowed.

melxx

hey,

when i done LL 2 yrs bak i was told i was allowed chewing gum provided its sugar-free however not reccomended as will make you feel hungry im on CD now and my counsellor also said it was allowed.

melxx

I can believe that, i did aitkins before this and gum is allowed provided its sugar free. Aitkins relies on Ketosis like Lighterlife so i don't see the problem really. But for whatever reason my councellor banned gum

The reason they don't recommend even sugar-free gum is that the act of chewing it tricks the body into thinking it is eating, and so the stomach prepares to recieve food; when it doesn't you can end up feeling really hungry as a result.

That's true but chewing before your last meal would be ok. If you was to start chewing after you had the last meal then you would be in trouble and hungry.

The reason they don't recommend even sugar-free gum is that the act of chewing it tricks the body into thinking it is eating, and so the stomach prepares to recieve food; when it doesn't you can end up feeling really hungry as a result.
thats what my counsellor said if you can handle feeling hungry then go for it even maybe like just chewing for a minute then get rid

melxx

well yes it can, if the gum has acids in it then it can quickly boot you out of Keto and that will affect your losses big time!

*sits and waits for scientific Pete to come out again*

:D

Scientific Pete, reporting for duty ma'am! :D
(sorry it's naff, I did it in a hurry after reading that post! :p )

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 43
Scientific Pete, reporting for duty ma'am! :D
(sorry it's naff, I did it in a hurry after reading that post! :p )

To quote Andy last night...right click/save as

My day has been made. :D

yes thats part of the reason, the other being that diet coke is food, and the core of the diet is abstinance to gain insight into your bad eating habits and get control over them without food being in the way :p

What a b***er!! I dont know what i'm gonna do without diet coke!!! The two things I'm most worried about today are the bad breath and the diet coke. But I guess a small price to pay for a slim bod.

Back