Bad Day...Feeling like JUMPING off wagon =s

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by philly_x, 23 March 2010 Social URL.

1. philly_x

philly_x Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Extra Easy
    I'm feeling SO stressed out today. I've tried to get so much done today and there is something stopping me from doing everything!! By 2:30 after pretty much crying all morning and afternoon out of frustration with the day, I've just given up and gotten back into bed to feel sorry for myself...

...I just want to jump into a pile of chocolate and eat myself to sleep lol...I havent had any HEB's today and I do have some of the new fibre plus bars...maybe that will satisfy me! :eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Woodsylou

Woodsylou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    awwww honey, i know how you feel. you poor poor thing. why don't you use a few syns and have something, like a glass of wine or a choclate bar or something. pyschologically you'll feel like you've treated yourself, and you'll still know you're not off track and can carry on. I hope you're ok, big hugs xx

4. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    The answer can't be found in a bar of chocolate, mate- much as we would all love it to!

I know you know that eating will only make your day much worse after the last mouthful has gone.

Why not have a little controlled mini-binge on free foods. I do this when only food is the answer (which is less and less these days- it gets better, I promise). I occasionally surround myself with cooked chicken pieces, crabsticks, a jar of bettroot, pickles, gherkins, cherry tomatoes, prawns and any other free food I consider a real treat and have a right good feed! The beauty of this is you get to binge without the guilt. And it helps long term with the realisation that chcolate isn't everything it's cracked up to be in a crises (e.g. it has it's place in normal life, but in bad times, it just makes you feel worse)

Good luck mate- Prove to yourself that you CAN do this

xxxxx

Daisyboo likes this.
  5. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    :gen126: I am going to send you a hug - you sound lik eyour having one heck of a rubbish day!!

6. Woodsylou

Woodsylou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    that is really good advice!

7. Simmy1978

Simmy1978 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(15.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    aawww hun i agree with cocktail princess!! a mini binge on free foods will be so much better, maybe some strawberries?? single cream is about 3 syns for a tablespoon and lots of sweetner for a little taste of summer!

either that or call up a good friend have a rant and try and have a giggle - chin up hun you can do this!!

8. MancBird

MancBird Always comes back to MMs!

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Great advice from CP... it would be the easy way out to binge on syns, I know if you resist you will feel loads better when you come out of this. We've all been there, and if you do slip, don't be too hard on yourself.

Chin up, hope your day gets better xx

9. lemon_fizz

lemon_fizz Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.02%)
    Diet:
    SW - EE
    I agree with whats already been advised. In your position I would allocate some flexi-syns to myself for the day to get through a difficult period but stay in control. Then eat, enjoy, don't feel guilty, maintain control and get straight back on the usual syn allowance tomorrow. Maybe give yourself an extra 20 or something.

The idea of flexi-syns is to stop a wobble turning into a full blown binge that may drift into lasting days or weeks.

My C calls it making an adult decision and staying in control.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.