Bad week/bad start to the summer hols

raquelscatt

Last week was my first weigh-in and I lost 2.5lbs. Unfortnately tho this week, it has gone wrong.

It started on Saturday with a chinese and indian takeaway with friends, last night going for an indian with a friend and a Mcdonalds with the kids today! I tried to make wise choices for each of these main meals but fear it hasn't been enough and puddings and wine have been my downfall!!

Oh well, weigh in tomorrow night and I must be good this following week as the school holidays are a major downfall for me too! (Only two days in and proved this, grrr) The cycle starts and I then give up.

I would say just face the scales and see what has been done. Unfortunately you can't turn back the clock, but you can get to grips with this snacking etc. Just think you are also stuffing your kids full of junk if you took them to mcdonalds everyday anyway. As a parent who loves their children, would you want them to have the same issues about their weight as yourself?? That sounds really harsh I know, but it's tough love believe me. I could just say there, there don't worry about it, but if you're anything like me then that becomes an excuse to continue putting the plan off for another week. Plan ahead. Take the kids on picnics and make some sw friendly bits for yourself. I take the kfc style chicken (in recipe section) with me and my eldest daughter ends up munching on them anyway! Make smash pizzas with the kids...they can decorate their own and still have a healthy meal. Make some sw biscuits or cakes too.
Only you can make the plan work, but you have to be committed and focussed. There is only so much we can do to help.

Take care and don't give up Hun.

X

Back