baked bean pie

So we make (pre cook) mashed potato, then pour it on top and oven till brown....what about smash, do we make the smash then throw it on top?

Yes. Make the smash up to the desired consistency and then put it on top of the bean mixture.

Mines in the process of being made too! x

OOOOHH quorn burger in the bottom hadnt thought of that, im now thinking swede and carrott mash on the top as Mr G isnt big on spuds god im well getting into bean pie:)
and for my next trick i will parp the national anthem !
the variations are endless really,everyones got a buzz about this one..great aint it?enjoy it gene genie:)

This is a family favourite in our house! I fry off some onion (frylight of course!) and Bacon too and stir them in to the beans. Still free if you use the Bacon as a Hex.

Hehe! My oh even ate it - not that its an odd combo just coz I know he aint really on diet so dont like him not depriving himself but not having what he wants!

xxxx

Not bad - Im well into it at the min :)
Yourself?
x

I made this last night for my dinner, i had forgotten about it until iheard phil and fern talking about it on this morning.

I made loads and it was absolutley fantastic i just layered a baking dish with beans, mashed potatoes and topped with 42g of half fat cheese from hexa then put in the oven until crispy and golden on top. It was great and i had the rest before going to bed last night.

Does anyone else make this?

that sounds YUM !!!

where'd you get the recipe ???

please post if you have it :)

Debz xx

I cant believe how good and inspiring this site is !!couldnt wait to get home after wi and post the results !!

I really think this site is keeping me going ..its great to share the ups and downs and read others problems and know your not alone ...
I have just moved here so its good to find new friends xxx

Back