1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Baked Figs - gorgeous!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by jaylou, 16 September 2010 Social URL.

1. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I got this from the curry heaven book, meant to be a dessert but I've just had it for breakfast. Best of all, figs are in season and cheap right now!

Cut 2 figs in half, spray with fry light and sprinkle with cinnamon and sweetener.
    Bake at 200 deg C for 10 mins
    Mix sweetener in quark and fromage frais with a dash of almond extract and serve with the warm figs.

It states 2.5 syns as you are cooking the figs but I would eat 2 figs anyway so don't syn it. Up to you!

I used greek yoghurt this morning and also had a handful of freshly picked raspberries and it was lovely.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    That does sound nice, think I'll give it a whirl. I'm with you on the syn thing, wouldn't syn it if that's what I'd normally eat;)
  4. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Yeah, If it was lots then I'd syn it, but It's not like they cook down to nothing, they stay as figs, just go a bit softer!!
    It is quite lovely :) My new fave breakfast I think, while figs are still cheap anyway!
  5. Minimunchkins

Minimunchkins Gold Member

Slimming World
    I'm with you Jaylou - I can't fathom why fruit would/should be syn'd just because it's lightly cooked. It's not as though it's puree'd (so 1/2 the digestive work has been done). I love dried figs but intend to try this receipe with the 'real thing'. ~Ta muchly
  6. farrah1227

farrah1227 New Member

These are amazing first time cooking figs thank you mmm mmm mmm X

7. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I'd forgotten about this and while figs are still around I reckon I'll have it again!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.