Baked Figs - gorgeous!

jaylou

Gold Member
I got this from the curry heaven book, meant to be a dessert but I've just had it for breakfast. Best of all, figs are in season and cheap right now!

Cut 2 figs in half, spray with fry light and sprinkle with cinnamon and sweetener.
Bake at 200 deg C for 10 mins
Mix sweetener in quark and fromage frais with a dash of almond extract and serve with the warm figs.

It states 2.5 syns as you are cooking the figs but I would eat 2 figs anyway so don't syn it. Up to you!

I used greek yoghurt this morning and also had a handful of freshly picked raspberries and it was lovely.

That does sound nice, think I'll give it a whirl. I'm with you on the syn thing, wouldn't syn it if that's what I'd normally eat;)

Yeah, If it was lots then I'd syn it, but It's not like they cook down to nothing, they stay as figs, just go a bit softer!!
It is quite lovely :) My new fave breakfast I think, while figs are still cheap anyway!

I'm with you Jaylou - I can't fathom why fruit would/should be syn'd just because it's lightly cooked. It's not as though it's puree'd (so 1/2 the digestive work has been done). I love dried figs but intend to try this receipe with the 'real thing'. ~Ta muchly

These are amazing first time cooking figs thank you mmm mmm mmm X

:)
I got this from the curry heaven book, meant to be a dessert but I've just had it for breakfast. Best of all, figs are in season and cheap right now!

Cut 2 figs in half, spray with fry light and sprinkle with cinnamon and sweetener.
Bake at 200 deg C for 10 mins
Mix sweetener in quark and fromage frais with a dash of almond extract and serve with the warm figs.

It states 2.5 syns as you are cooking the figs but I would eat 2 figs anyway so don't syn it. Up to you!

I used greek yoghurt this morning and also had a handful of freshly picked raspberries and it was lovely.

Back