Banana Icecream

ooooooo i love bannana icecream, gonna give this a go today! XX

This has to be like the Holy Grail of IceCream
as soon as I get home bananas are being plonked in the freezer

im gonna make some banana lollies tomorrow too :)

hmmmm reckon i can use my hand blender to blend the banana's with?

i did try that ....doesnt work :( had to get out my smoothie maker

thank you!! better get hunting for my proper blender then :( *hmmm where did i put it*

:D This is new my found friend thank you Jess
but alas you really do need smoothie type or very strong processor to get it to go silky smooth

I am addicted to this! I always add a splash of vanilla to give it a real ice cream feel. This is also a great way to make milkshakes. One or two frozen bananas, a cup or so of milk, a splash of vanilla and sweetner, and you have a perfect milkshake. My favorite diet food.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i like!!

Oooooh - sounds amazing!

That with some honey & crunched up meringue nest on top if you have some extra points would be yummy!

Oh that sounds delish, must get bananas tomorrow and give it a try...sounds yum with the little bit of peanut butter in.

Thanks for the idea for this recipe, Here is my effort!...................P.S. this was adapted for SW!

Pete’s Banana Ice-Cream
Ingredients
Ripe bananas
Milk from your daily allowance
*optional
*Strawberries
*Raspberries
*11g Options chocolate
1-2tbsp sweetener
1tsp vanilla essence

Method

Slice the ripe bananas into 8-10mm slices and place in a freezer-proof sealable tub and freeze for at least 4hrs preferable for 24 hours.

Remove from the freezer, using a hand blender, pulse the mixture to break up the ice crystals until the lumps turn to a smooth constituency, add the vanilla essence, add sweetener as required, depending on how ripe the bananas are. Add a small amount of milk to help it turn into a smooth mix. Return to the freezer for 1hour, repeat the above action until the mix has frozen and looks & feels like ice cream.
Mine was removed and mixed at least 4 times. But I couldn’t wait and this picture was taken after 3 mixes!

Add any fruit for flavouring or add option packet of Belgium chocolate.
BananaIceCreamSmall.jpg

Back