Banana query, again.

fattifi

I know that bananas whole or chopped are free, and that if you cook or mash them they are about 4 syns each.

BUT... my new favourite breakfast (and sometimes dessert! is two hi-fi lights crumbled up with a banana sliced on top and topped off with a mullerlight toffee. As it stands it is free (with my hi-fi as a hex b) BUT I then microwave it until warm. My question is does this count as cooking the banana and so do I have to syn it? I don't enjoy it nearly as much cold!:(

Some consultants would be sucking their teeth at that, ha ha, but I would say if youre still losing weigh what the heck. Life is too short to be worrying about hot n cold bananas. Enjoy. If your weight loss has stalled then that would be a different matter. :)

It's a bit of a fuzzy distinction isn't it! The bananas aren't mashed or pureed or cooked so that they lose their form, so I would say free too. I always apply the same for grilled pineapple :)

I have porridge with. A handful of blueberries chucked in before I microwave it, there's a fine line but I have this almost everyday and still lose so unless I stop losing I won't change it

I nuke my de-frosted cherries (just to take the chill off) before eating as my 1/3 SF before my porridge. They're warm, not cooked so FREEEEEEE as far as I'm concerned.

Yep, it's a fine line. I'll monitor my weight loss and see. Thanks guys.

I say free as well, the precedent I'll use is the recipe for the fanta chicken there is pineapple thrown in at the end that would be warmed through by the time you eat it & it is free :D

Back