Bananas - How many is ok?????????

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by angelcake72, 20 October 2008 Social URL.

1. angelcake72

angelcake72 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(9.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, I know that bananas are a free food - tend to have 2-3 a day. Is there a limit as they are higher in calories than other fruits. Thanks!:sign0009:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Edwin

Edwin Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Free food is free food - none of it has a limit. Just be sensible with what you eat and personally I think eating three portions of fruit is sensible. Much better than snacking on crisps / chocolate etc.

x

4. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

have as many as you like - they're filling, free, full of fibre and give off slow release energy :D

5. janie.com

janie.com Full Member

grapes and banana's have loads of sugar.........if u notice they don't have any letters next to them in the book......too many banana's will slow your weight loss........and only small banana's not the huge ones....this is from my class leader.....

6. kjs1628

kjs1628 Surely....

Start Weight:
    12st8.8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.8lb(8.37%)
    Diet:
    SnS
    I definitely remember people saying they didn't lose much if they ate lots of bananas. Doesn't seem to bother my losses though, so guess it's just something you need to monitor yourself. Good luck!

7. ginny27

ginny27 ...I LOVE FRUIT!

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Bananas are sooo good.

Why not do an experiement with yourself; eat loads of bananas one week, and then eat NO bananas another week.

If you lose more weight on the non-banana week then you will know that bananas have an impact on your weightloss.

:) hope that helps

8. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    my swc always says everything in moderation and more than 1 banana a day may be the cause of a slow weight loss

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.