Banged up without water

Rosey38

Well it's day 5 for me and I've had my first real s&s dilemma. As part of my job I sometimes have to visit places with maximum security and few facilities. Today I ended up spending morning and afternoon in two establishments, with no access to water. I managed to have an hour back at the office and got a few small glasses. So I'm way behind on my water, but also ended up drinking two cans of diet coke from a colleague. It was odd feeling guilty bad about drinking DC, but I was thirsty:eek:

Hopefully this isn't going to mess me up too much. I'm still feeling like I have signs of ketosis, dry mouth, cold hands and feet....so keeping my freezing fingers crossed! ( I'm now downing pints of water).

could you take a massive bottle with you like 2L ?

Well it's day 5 for me and I've had my first real s&s dilemma. As part of my job I sometimes have to visit places with maximum security and few facilities. Today I ended up spending morning and afternoon in two establishments, with no access to water. I managed to have an hour back at the office and got a few small glasses. So I'm way behind on my water, but also ended up drinking two cans of diet coke from a colleague. It was odd feeling guilty bad about drinking DC, but I was thirsty:eek:

Hopefully this isn't going to mess me up too much. I'm still feeling like I have signs of ketosis, dry mouth, cold hands and feet....so keeping my freezing fingers crossed! ( I'm now downing pints of water).

Surely there is some kind of health and safety/welfare implications of you being stuck somewhere with no access to water!!
Also be very careful of downing pints in a short space of time :(

Surely there is some kind of health and safety/welfare implications of you being stuck somewhere with no access to water!!
Also be very careful of downing pints in a short space of time :(

Was unfortunate I had to fit in a few interviews that over ran, and then meeting in afternoon and more about bad diary planning trying to catch up after Xmas!! I'm not really guzzling at the moment, just slowly topping up :eek:

could you take a massive bottle with you like 2L ?

Sometimes, but not where I was today. Will need to plan better in future.

I am in exactly the same position as you, I'm travelling all over the country to various high security places. Interviews regularly run over and I always seem to get out late.

I often get stuck with no water however always leave a bottle in my car when I get out. Or be cheeky and ask nicely for someone to get me one as I have a sore throat or throat infection etc.

I work in high-security - you can take a sealed bottle with you as long as the seal is intact so you may need to carry a few spares in the car. Otherwise, as suggested, just ask....although if you are drinking plenty of water, access to a toilet if you're not carrying keys can be a problem..:)

I am in exactly the same position as you, I'm travelling all over the country to various high security places. Interviews regularly run over and I always seem to get out late.

I often get stuck with no water however always leave a bottle in my car when I get out. Or be cheeky and ask nicely for someone to get me one as I have a sore throat or throat infection etc.

Yes, need to have the air stocked up!

I work in high-security - you can take a sealed bottle with you as long as the seal is intact so you may need to carry a few spares in the car. Otherwise, as suggested, just ask....although if you are drinking plenty of water, access to a toilet if you're not carrying keys can be a problem..:)

Can I go in interview rooms with them? Have had previous experience of struggling to access loos, can be awkward when in middle of interview.

Can I go in interview rooms with them?
sorry for delay - You'd have to ask as there may be local security restrictions, although I can't see a problem with a plastic bottle if you carry it with you

Back