banoffee pie for emma louise

louisedan

Gold Member
copied this from previous thread10 reduced fat digestive biscuits, finely crushed
3 medium egg whites
2 x 12g sachets powdered gelatine
75ml/3fl oz boiling water
250g/9oz quark
3 x 200g pots Müllerlight toffee yogurt
3-4 tbsp artificial sweetener
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 bananas

1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC/Gas 5. Line a 20cm/8in springform cake tin with baking parchment.
2. Place the crushed biscuits in a bowl. Lightly beat 1 of the egg whites until frothy and add to the bowl. Stir well, then spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and press evenly over the bottom. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then set aside to cool.
3. Dissolve the gelatine in the boiling water.
4. Whisk the quark in a bowl until smooth. Stir in the yogurt, sweetener and vanilla extract.
5. Whisk the 2 remaining egg whites until stiff, then fold into the quark mixture along with the gelatine liquid. Spoon over the prepared biscuit base, smoothing the top with a palette knife, and chill for 4-5 hours, or until set.
6. Remove the pie from the tin and place on a serving plate. Slice the bananas and arrange neatly on top of the pie. Drizzle over some melted dark chocolate (1½ Syns per 1 tsp) if desired, dust with cinnamon and serve cut into wedges.

Serves 8 and is 4 1/2 syns on all days

thank you so much louise - sounds yummy! xxx

Sounds delish! x

Can you taste the quark in this? I love banoffee pie but made a cheesecake with quark before and hated the bitter taste of the quark so it put me off for life!!

It sounds stunning I will put on my list for next week. If I can get quark I have problems in my local Tesco.

Can you taste the quark in this? I love banoffee pie but made a cheesecake with quark before and hated the bitter taste of the quark so it put me off for life!!
I am exactly the same with the quark desserts, just keep tasting the sourness through it, bit yuk for me. No matter how much sweetener I put in.

hollys nan said:
I am exactly the same with the quark desserts, just keep tasting the sourness through it, bit yuk for me. No matter how much sweetener I put in.

If u can afford the syns - I add a tsp of agave syrup - I think it's half a syn a tsp - very sweet so u don't need much - for me it takes away that sour taste x

My boyfriend is a HUGE fan of Banoffee so this will definately be going on the menu at some point! Much better for the waistline than the ones you can buy in Tesco's!!

Back