Barbecue Tips

Babybel burgers - I have been making them for years and my friends all love them.

Basically you make your own burgers to which ever recipe you prefer. I use extra lean mince beef, very finely grated onion, salt and a few teaspoons of dijon mustard (synned).

What I then do is take a babybel cheese (normal or light) and cut in half so you have 2 discs, rather than 2 semi-circles (if that makes sense). I then pop these in the middle of the burgers and mould the meat mixture around.

Just had these for dinner with SW chips and salad and they were lovely, thanks for the idea, going to be a new favourite, I think

Got a bbq tomorrow (be interesting if the weather's like it is today!) and this thread (along with others I found on my searches) has really helped me come up with some ideas for things to bring. I've bought the stuff so I can do marinating tonight. This is what I've decided on:

A couple of babybel burgers (was really excited to find extra lean beef mince in tesco as every other time I've tried there've been none). got babybel light to do it with, going to use some different spices in them I think to my own taste

King prawn skewers, with cherry toms, onion and peppers. going to marinate the prawns overnight in chilli and lime

A couple of pre-microwaved jackets in foil

chicken marinated in ff fromage frais and spices

stuffed portobello mushrooms... going with the one with cottage cheese, egg and spring onion filling I saw on here somewhere

Plenty of salad.

Looking forward to it!

lamb mince, 2 eggs, herbs, mint sauce, int and cumin powder. Tastes like donor meeat and tatstes amazing!

You could try black bean burgers. Black beans and an egg and bread crumbs and whatever seasonings you like. I get the flavoring closer to an actual burger by adding a cube of beef bullion per can of beans. It's healthy and is awesome with a spicy low fat mayo instead of ketchup.

We are having a BBQ tomorrow and this has given me some great ideas. Thanks everyone :)

Well its supposed to be sunny and warm tomorrow, so the BBQ has come out for the first time this year, and having looked at this thread Im thinking of the salads Im going to make to go with my quorn sausages (got loads to use up in the freezer) and my chicken kebabs (love extra easy).

quorn all the way! also, fruit kebabs are good at bbqs!

cut your chicken into smaller pieces - they cook so much quicker and little danger of being uncooked in the middle

Has anyone else tried the bbq frylight. Its really yummy sprayed on a chicken or on burgers. We even have it on chips for a bbq taste. Great invention

Sent from my galaxy s2 using MiniMins app

This thread needs reviving!! Some beautiful weather lately, time for a bbq! Need lots of ideas for a slimming world bbq I'm having with friends! Like quiches, savourys, pastas, sweet things, quorn syns etc! Xx

Having a bbq tonight - being done by my Mum so not sure what we're having but she's on SW too so will be SW friendly. Second bbq in two weeks now that the weather is picking up a little. Hoping it sticks around a little more though so I can try some of these ideas as they sound lush. Thinking SW KFC style chicken, prawn and veg skewers, minted lamb kebab skewers, burgers and the Joe's sausages I've seen on here. They sound lush.
Add some cous cous salad (made with stock), bbq corn on the cob, SW 'slaw, SW chips/wedges, SW potato salad, pasta salad, a lush green salad salad, some chopped veg to have in some SW free houmous and some SW sweet chilli sauce. AMAZING!!!!! :party0049:

You've made me hungry, Nai!!

Glad I could be of service :)

I don't know about others on here, but I am defo a foodie and figure SW is all about being a foodie in a healthy way .... so I am all for maxing things up. Decided to have a picnic on Thursday ... so having cold meats (a selection), some cooked salmon, some boiled new potatoes and hard boiled eggs, pickled oinions, gherkins and cabbage, a big fresh salad and all topped off with a wholemeal roll (HEB choice).
Have to be 'pimpin' the food up now! lol.

Hope you have a good week! :D

wow the choice is endless! :drool: can't wait to get the coals lit!! :D x the bb burgers sound amazing, thank you! x

Had a (almost) syn free BBQ this afternoon.

Using recipes for coleslaw, BBQ sauce and marinade found on this website, everything was syn free except for the sainsburys be good to yourself sausages. About half a sun each.

Fantastic!

Just planning what we will have on Sat night - we normally just have boring burgers in rolls (with the rolls being HEB) but aiming to have a SW friendly one.

I will be doing a red day...

- Steak
- Chicken breast
- Sausages
- Veg Kebabs (Pepper, onion, courgette & Mushroom)

- Potato Salad (potato, boiled egg, chives mixed with extra light mayo)
- Rice Salad (boiled rice, carrots and sweetcorn with extra light mayo)
- coslaw (mix from asda with extra light mayo)
- Lettuce/tomato/cucumber

I have seen people talking about fruit kebabs, what fruit do you put on them (and how do you syn that??)

Brill thanks for the ideas everyone!:)

Back