Barbecue Tips

Almost that time of year again! The weather has been amazing this Easter and it shows signs of awesomeness for this summer. I shall be definitely making the Babybel burgers but changing them for the laughing cow extra light I think. Also I will be making the syn free quiche. Nom nom nom x

Thanks

Thanks for these tips, my boyfriend is having his yearly birthday bbq this weekend and I am trying to avoid eating too badly! So far all I can think of is making wedges with fry light and herbs and some putting chicken skewers on the bbq. I will be the only one there on a diet!xx

Wow all these sound fab can't wait to go to my sisters with my stash of sw food lol X

14/5/14 - 15st 10.5lb
21/5/14 - 15st 4.5lb -6lb (-6lb total loss)

I love the sound of the burgers with cheese in the middle!

Anyone any ideas of what to serve as dessert fora BBQ? I was thinking of fruit squires with strawberries, raspberries, grapesand pineapple?

I love the sound of the burgers with cheese in the middle!

Anyone any ideas of what to serve as dessert fora BBQ? I was thinking of fruit squires with strawberries, raspberries, grapesand pineapple?

Fruit salad is always a winner - how about serving it with some crushed mini meringues (1 syn each) and dollops of Muller Greek yoghurt? The coconut one tastes really summery and tropical or the mango one is lush too! And only 1/2 syn per pot. xx

Babybel burgers - I have been making them for years and my friends all love them.

Basically you make your own burgers to which ever recipe you prefer. I use extra lean mince beef, very finely grated onion, salt and a few teaspoons of dijon mustard (synned).

What I then do is take a babybel cheese (normal or light) and cut in half so you have 2 discs, rather than 2 semi-circles (if that makes sense). I then pop these in the middle of the burgers and mould the meat mixture around.

Great thing about these is that you can tell when the burgers are fully cooked as the cheese starts to bubble through.

I also made a variation of these this weekend using lean lamb mince, mint and used feta in the middle. yum!

I also make lots of homemade coleslaw - grated carrots, onions and white cabbage mixed with Hellamns light.

Prawns on skewers marinated in frylight, chopped garlic and red chili.

BBQ's are so great for SW!

Thanks for these ideas. I do make my own burgers, but have never thought of adding a babybel. Can't wait to try x

Love this thread!! Getting me ready for the Summer Holidays so I don't go off track with all the tempting food! I'll be greedy and keep all these healthy options to myself :p

Thx for bringing this thread,back so going to try some of these ideas this weekend

Has anyone tried the sticky chicken recipe from the slimming world website - it works out about 2 syns a serving but you can add spices etc. to change the flavour!! IS beaaaaautttttttifffffffuuuuuuuuuuuulllllll =D for BBQs use skin off drum sticks...

3 tbsp honey
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp soy sauce
680g chicken breast diced/skinless drumsticks

Mix the sauce, add the chicken, leave to marinade for at least 30 mins and cook for about 20 mins or until all the sauce is absorbed.

Char

Has anyone tried the sticky chicken recipe from the slimming world website - it works out about 2 syns a serving but you can add spices etc. to change the flavour!! IS beaaaaautttttttifffffffuuuuuuuuuuuulllllll =D for BBQs use skin off drum sticks...

3 tbsp honey
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp soy sauce
680g chicken breast diced/skinless drumsticks

Mix the sauce, add the chicken, leave to marinade for at least 30 mins and cook for about 20 mins or until all the sauce is absorbed.

Char

We tried this at the weekend, was amazing, and meant I could stay on plan despite hosting a BBQ (although the champers probably hasn't helped me for WI this week...!)

I've done something similar to that before always very tasty. Especially if soaked over nice

It's nearly BBQ time again!

Me and my boyfriend were invited to a BBQ at the weekend. We made homemade burgers with herbs in, and then peri peri chicken and chorizo skewers. I'm sure the chorizo was probably very naughty, and the large amounts of alcohol consumed, but it was a lot better than having to syn burgers and sausages! And everyone loved the food!

Back