Barbiegal's Exante Journey Starts Here!

Barbiegal5

"I'm a Thin person trapped inside a fat person's body!".............
That's what I tell myself but up til now have never done anything quite as radical as Exante, although tried numerous other diets.
Since about age of 13 I have always been a little overweight but then since about 20 the weight has just been creeping up, and now, at nearly 29 years old and 17.5 stone I have decided I really MUST do something about it! Why put off today what you could do tomorrow?!

I gave birth to my first baby boy in September called Oliver, and he is gorgeous (even though I am a bit biassed!)! Fitted back in my Pre pregnancy clothes within a week of having him, so can't use pregnancy as an excuse, and just thought to myself I don't want him to be embarrassed of me when he is older and I want to be able to run around and play with him, so I am finally getting my arse in gear and doing something about it! I'd like to lose 6 stone eventually but short term goal is 2.5stone, and I will be so pleased if I manage it and stick to this diet!
Love this website for support and advice- so any is always welcome!! I am a bit confused, do we have to have one 600cal meal a day for 1 week plus normal shakes/soups after 4 weeks of total solution before going back to total solution for further 4 weeks and so on? That's what an advisor said when I emailed, but surely then you come out of ketosis and then would have to start all over again???
Anyway, today is day 4 on my Total Solutions diet, and feel pretty crap tonight, so just hoping I am not in ketosis yet and then when I get there (hopefully soon) I will feel loads better?!? Not so nackered and not quite "with it"!
Anyway, enough of my ranting... Good luck everyone who is doing it too, here goes.........

You've made the right descision! Exante is so easy to follow, i've been on it for 3 weeks now (weigh in tomorrow) I got bad headaches for the first week and felt tired but now so much better! so it will wear off!
GOOD LUCK!

Week 1: 11lb
Week 2: 6lb
Week 3:
Week 4:

Hi barbiegal, I'm on Exante too. Yes you're meant to do it for a few weeks, then do an add a meal type week, then go back on TS. Not everyone does, but I think it's good, and it keeps your metabolism from getting too slow/stops the plateaus. Yes you might come out of ketosis, however, each time you go back in, it's meant to get easier. Plus if you really want to stay in ketosis, just make sure the meal you add is high protein, low carb. I eat cottage cheese, mock duck and mock chicken (I'm a veggie) and a small amount of nuts. It works for me, my weight loss is just as much.

V

Beaut x. said:
You've made the right descision! Exante is so easy to follow, i've been on it for 3 weeks now (weigh in tomorrow) I got bad headaches for the first week and felt tired but now so much better! so it will wear off!
GOOD LUCK!

Week 3:
Week 4:

Hi beaut!
Arh thanks, that has encouraged me- great weight loss, well done you! Let me know how tomorrows weigh in goes! :)

Dreamer said:
Hi barbiegal, I'm on Exante too. Yes you're meant to do it for a few weeks, then do an add a meal type week, then go back on TS. Not everyone does, but I think it's good, and it keeps your metabolism from getting too slow/stops the plateaus. Yes you might come out of ketosis, however, each time you go back in, it's meant to get easier. Plus if you really want to stay in ketosis, just make sure the meal you add is high protein, low carb. I eat cottage cheese, mock duck and mock chicken (I'm a veggie) and a small amount of nuts. It works for me, my weight loss is just as much.

V

Hi dreamer, thanks for the advice! Hadn't thought about metabolism slowing, so yeah you r probably right that it's a good idea to have a working solutions week every 4 or 5 weeks. Thanks! How long have u been doing Exante? What's your weightloss & target? :)

Hey, I've been on it since Sun 9th Jan, I do sometimes have a high protein meal if I can't face a pack, but I still am doing ok. Lost 6lbs week 1 (but that's lower than others because I was already losing weight since 13th Dec), and I've lost at least another 4 lbs or so since then (weigh in on Monday). I have done Exante before though, and usually I lose around 6-8lbs week one, then between 3 and 3.5lbs weekly. I've joined the Easter challenge on here to lose 40lbs (from beginning January to Easter Friday 22nd April). That's where I'm aiming for, but I'd be happy with 35lbs. And I have mini-goals that you can see in my signature to keep me motivated, it all helps! Another thing that helps is keeping a diary on here, it keeps me accountable for my actions!

V

It's definately worth sticking at! The only diet that has actually been working for me! So good luck ! xx

Week 3:
Week 4:

Good luck Barbiegal, it does get a bit easier, but expect the odd day where its a struggle - like any diet its all about being in the right frame of mind I think. The great thing about this sort of diet is that it takes away any decisionmaking about what you should / shouldn't eat which I find helps most of the time.

Hehe I just saw and welcomed :) It's great. I get really impatient though for weigh in day to update my loss on there! (I'm only impatient for that when I know I'm doing well though lol)

well done Barbiegal what a terrific start! Keep at it.
x

Thanks everyone!
Really struggling this week, feeling moody at times and reaaallly craving savoury food- predominantly carbs! But gonna have a day off on sat 5th feb coz had a pamper day planned for ages with my mum and want to be able to go for dinner with her in nice restaurant! I'm feeling the terrible guilt about it already but just wanna think sod it that day. And anyway I'm thinking if by having one meal I put on some of the weight I have lost then it's a pointless, unsustainable diet anyway!! Any suggestions on meal choices??? X

Barbiegal, to put on 1lb in weight, you'd need to eat 3500 cals over and above your BMR (the calories you use in a day just to breathe, for me it's around 1700cals). You've done so well, and even if you blow out and have 1500 cals in the evening, you probably will just stay static for that day, but you would have lost the rest of the week. The main issue is that you'll regain the water weight (this isn't a problem, it just looks demoralising on the scale) so you may want to weigh yourself at your next WI, but wait for the week after to WI.

Oh, to minimise any damage (i.e. difficult getting back into ketosis), you're best to stick to high protein, low carb. I do mock meats because I'm vegetarian, with lots of garlic, ginger and spices. Stay away from pasta and breads and potatoes, etc.

Back