Barb's going at it a little differently!

Today is a new day, so don't beat yourself up, you have the right attitude (and I bet the meal was scrummy!)

Take it easy today, forget the housework, it will still be there tomorrow, your health comes first. What a shame you can't get a gp appointment soon, take care and rest up!

Have a relatively pain free weekend, and allow others to pamper you :)

Take care

Last edited:
Well, guess what? I just went and joined the David LLoyd club!!!! I was sitting here, feeling awful and I just thought 'NO! I have to do something about this. So I went down there, looked round handed over lots fo money and went straight for a swim.

it definitely helped a bit and i feel so pleased with myself!

A good day yesterday, did well food wise and of course joining David Lloyd was very exciting. Another bad night on the pain front, I must admit to feeling very worn down by it.

However, I am going to go for a swim today and hopefully that will help. Beginning to think about Tuesday's weigh in, wonder how it will be? As long as a lb is gone I promise to be satisfied.

Check me out - just back from the pool! Managed 10 lengths and then had a nice jacuzzi, bliss. Nice to have some 'me' time too!

You're doing amazing :) Good luck! You seem to be in the right frame of mind for this! I joined the gym a few weeks back too. Thought I would hate it but I'm actually not finding it so bad :)

Hi Clarri - yes David LLoyd Club. Gym/Tennis/Pool and lovely grounds etc too.

Thanks Bostick, I'm certainly doing my best!

Good grief woman! I dissappear for a few weeks and come back to find you having lost 10lbs!!!! Amazing!
I'm so glad that it's 'clicked' for you!
Good call with the David Lloyd, the pool must be lush!

Sorry to hear about your joints. You taking cod-liver oil tablets? They're supposed to really help, my dad swears by them for his artritis. It might just be that you're being more active? The swimming should be good for that anyway because it doesn't put any weight or pressure on your joints.

Keep up the good work lovely!

Hello Barb :)

Oooh joining the David Lloyd club, well done, happy to hear the swimming is helping you. Are you going to give the gym a go too? Make sure you get your money's worth! So proud of you Barb :D

You put me to shame, I can't swim!!!!! and at this size, there is no chance of me learning..hmmm worth a thought when I drop another few stones though ;)

Don't worry about tuesdays weigh in, you'll be fine, I can feel it in my bones!!! :)

Enjoy your sunday hun!

EMZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where you been? Missed you! Yep, I am doing well, that 10lbs is gone forever and I am really hoping to make it at least 11 this week or even 12! Here's hoping. The pool is lush, so warm and yesterday i had it to myself! I'm going again later today, think it's going to be a daily thing for a while as I can def feel it helping. I must look into the cod liver oil tabs, I will do anything if it helps.

Hi Rose, I am thrilled with the swimming, it is really helping. Tbh I am not sure that I could risk the gym because of the state of my joints - my GP said even walks must be brief and not hilly, so i think for now I will stick with the water. You should have some swimming lessons, you would be so chuffed and there is nothing like that feeling of being totally supported by water. At The DLC the pool is 1.2m deep so you would never be out of your depth, so even just doing aqua aerobics would be good, you don't need to swim for that!

Anyway, hoping for a nice quiet Sunday and trying not to stress about Tuesday's weigh-in and Wednesday's blood test and Thursday results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now now, motto from here is not to rely on the scales for our moods. Whether it will be 1lb, or 5, or whatever, we know that if we are sticking to plan, it will come off. I havent been 100%, but on the other hand, Ive been living life too. Balance. Today Ive nothing on, so no deviating, in fact, Im adopting Gillian Michaels mantra - 3 days really really strict, 2 days not so strict, and 2 days with a little leeway. We will see.

Have a nice Sunday.
xxx

Thanks Clarri, I know you are right, it is way too easy to let the scales dictate. I like your way fo looking at things, it it really is all about balance I guess.

Afternoon Barb...

Great to hear you've joined DL. Swimming will, without a doubt help your joints. My mum has arthritis and swears by it for keeping her joints from aching. :)

After a few days, I'm sure you'll notice a bit difference in your mood and body. I find exercising puts me in such a good mood... long may it last because I'm really noticing a difference already in my body.

Keep it up, looking forward to hearing you're weigh in result on Tuesday :p

Aye, the swimming is great exercise and perfect if you've got dodgy joints. There's not much in the gym that'd be good if your joints are hurting, although walking on a treadmill in decent trainers is supposed to be better than walking on pavement, because its bouncy or something...well not bouncy, but it isn't concrete, lol.

You're doing amazingly though, very inspiring. You'll hit those goals in no time! I can deffo see you doing the 2lbs this week, especially if you're swimming every day :)

Thanks Emz, really hoping for at least one off. I think as long as I see the numbers going down i am not too hung up on how many. I mean the more the better, of course, but even 1 a week will add up nicely.

Did well at swimming yesterday, 12 lengths and then a jacuzzi - am definitely feeling the benefit already; less pain and less tablets!

So here's to a good day today and weigh in tomorrow.

Delighted to hear the swimming is helping :D

Best of luck for your weigh in tomorrow ;)

Sounds lush! It's great that something so simple can help so much, they should prescribe pools and jacuzzis on the NHS!
Hope that you have a good day :)

Well, I am so pleased with myself. Went to work for a bit then onto DLC. Did 15 lengths and then 30 mins aquarobics! Loved it, so booked in for 4 classes a week!

Feel brilliant. Best for ages, bit achy but so pleased with myself.

That's great to hear! Good luck for the weigh in! :)

Ooo go you! Proactive Barb!
Doing something you enjoy always helps with exercise.
You'll be shedding lbs in no time!

Back