Barb's going at it a little differently!

Thanks Clarri and MsPiggy, it is a weird thing to have that light bulb go on and stay on. After 8 weeks I could no more go back to my old ways than fly in the air. I am all about doing this, losing the weight, doing the exercise and feeling healthy and strong again. In a way, that makes it easy because there is nothing to think about, I'm doing it, end of.

ONLY 26 laps? Christ that's rubbish Barb, you really should try harder... NOT!!!! Blimey woman! That's amazing. It's goot that you can accept your limits too, there's no use pushing yourself and ending up too hurt to do anything for days.

Keep up the good work :)

Well done on loosing 3lbs and for the 26 laps in the pool. That's fantastic. Swimming is exercise. i love it, it's just the getting into the pool bit i hate but i still go.

You are an inspiration to me. xxx

Well done Barb, it's great that you've totally adjusted your mindset... this isn't a diet for a specific period... it's a lifestyle change, that's the only way you're going to maintain your new fabulous body

Morning everyone, mad day yesterday, didn't even manage my swim. Mum was feeling poorly so I had to spend time with her and take her to the doctors etc.. Hopefully she will be ok but she is 90 next week, so of course i worry.

I have a dinner party tonight, 8 of us, so have lost of cooking to do. I am going to be grateful if I get an STS this week. We've had 2 meals out, way too much wine and with tonight's frolics, who knows? I'm not panicking though, i'm bound to have weeks like this sometimes, I just have to factor them in.

Exactly Barb!

I too am learning that the scales result is not the be all and end all....the importance for me now lies in how i feel, and the knowledge that i am doing something to improve my health and looks. I know you tink the same way, so sod the scales if they are not kind tis time, there is always next time!

Hope your mum feels better soon...90!..wow, that is fabulous :) Have you anything special planned to celebrate?

Have a nice weekend!

I hope your mum feels better soon Barb. what an amazing age to get to.

I am a firm believer that you still have to be able to enjoy life and treat yourself occasionally otherwise you'll never stick to the healthy eating as you will feel like your depriving yourself and resent it in the long run. it's all about moderation.

Enjoy your dinner party tonight. What are you making? x

Hi Barb,
really hope your mum is feeling better,
cooking for 8, good for you, i would be so stressed, hope its a great success. :)

Hi Barb....

Your mum is lucky to have you around to take care of her when she's feeling under the weather... I hope she's feeling better :)

STS is ok... you can't stop living your life..

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you anyway xxx

Well had a good party - made Chilli spiced lamb cutlets with Naan bread, poppadoms and salad and dips to start. Then Chicken tikka kebabs with rice, onion bhajis, bombay potato and salad and dips. Followed by homemade Strawberry cheesecakes. Perfect diet food! Not!

I enjoyed it but found it all very tiring. I had been so busy and fitted in 34 lengths at the pool as well as shopping etc.. I am determined to lose weight and still have some fun though and so far it is working. Need to have a few stricter days now though as there has been far too much fun going on!

Mum is still very exhausted and short of breath so is going to need to be kept an eye on.

Ok, here's to an STS on Tuesday!

good luck, hope you get a loss. This is real life though and we are always going to have social occasions x

Mmmm sounds like a lovely meal. you've got to be able to enjoy life though as long as the naughty food is in moderation so don't feel bad even if you do put on weight on tuesday.

well done on swimming the 34 lengths though. That sound help you to sts or loose weight.

sorry to hear your mum still isn't right. I hope she's on the mend soon. x

Crikey love, you sure manage to fit a lot in!

You're right though, it's completely about balance, having the odd indulgent evening isn't going to ruin anything, if anything, it's days like that that keep you going for the long run.

Hope that your mum starts to feel a bit better.

love.

Well Clarri, this week it will be STS, I am sure! Not been a good gal this week!

You ask what i normally eat and tbh it is fairly boring but i find the repetitive stuff helps. So I have nimble toast for brekkie, salad for lunch with cheese/meat/egg/prawns (depending on what's in the fridge) and fruit. Dinner tends to be a stir fry or salad again. I am afraid that as always it is the wine that gets in the way - so this week i am going to try and do much better.

Waiting to hear back from the doc on Mum's blood tests, very worrying, wish the damn phone would ring.

I actually think that what you are saying re the boring is the way to go for 80% of the week. Ive decided that Im going to go with it same for 6 days and have one breakfast off, one lunch off, and one dinner off in the week. Thats it. They will be my 20% of the week.
Gotta do this.
Hope all is ok with your Mum.
xxx

hello Barb

hope the news is good when the phone eventually rings.

Your meal sounded so yummy, my mouth was watering at the thought )

good luck for the weight in Barb, keep optimistic, what will be, will be and then onto a fresh week :) got my fingers crossed that its good news though all round!

I hope the phone rings soon with your mums results and their not too bad. Good luck with your weigh in. xxx

Back