Barb's going at it a little differently!

Well done Barb, and 4lb by the end of aug is so doable because of all your hard work so far, hope you're feeling a lot better today:)

Feel grumpy - not sure why, just do. Did very well yesterday, till the evening when had far too much wine. Totally good foodwise though, so that's something.

Funny, i just seem to go through these resentful phases, where I want to stamp my feet and not have to worry about weight/health etc. Silly, because everyone else has to, so why not me? Just being daft. I think I am just fed up with feeling unwell, although i am a lot better, I am nothing like back to normal and everything is just such an effort. I am seriously considering going for a swim, even though i don't know if i have the breath for it. I just wonder if it would do me good if I did?

Sorry to hear you are feeling out of sorts Barb {hugs}

Hmmm, i know you miss your swimming. Don't know enough medically to advise you on this, but maybe, just maybe, you could go along to the pool, and just pop in and relax, take it easy, just floating around..OR would the urge to complete a few lengths be too strong???? :)

Enjoy your day, whatever you finally decide on? getting out and about, and doing something just for YOURSELF, whether you end up at the pool or not, may help lift your mood a wee bit? x

Take care

Sorry to hear you're feeling all unsettled Barb. It's not surprising though considering how poorly you've been. This is always the hard stage where you feel better but not 100% so you're able to do something things but not everything you normally do so your tempted to try to do everything and then get frustrated when you can't manage it. Hopefully it'll pass soon.

Like Rose said maybe you could go to the pool and ease back in very very gradually! i.e set yourself a small target such as 10 lengths but have a minutes rest after doing 1 or 2?

I hope your back to full speed soon. x

Thank you all my lovely ladies - where would I be without you keeping an eye on me?

I am not going to swim till next week - I think I have to be sensible until I am able to cut right back on the meds, which hopefully by Monday I will. I think stopping agonising over it will help as at the moment i just keep on thinking about it. So that's that sorted, next monday, all being well.

Went out for dinner last night, to our favourite Thai - had my lovely steamed sea bass and steamed rice. Then DH said would I like a pudding - next thing i know I've said yes! Don't know what I as thinking. Anyway, madly I ordered the sticky treacle tart with ice cream. It was so sickly! That's right, I didn't particularly like it! So I ate a little of it and the scoop of ice cream and left the rest!
Disaster averted!

So back on the good stuff today but definitely feeling more cheerful. Also realised that our holiday (cruise) is now just under 6 weeks away, so must keep myself on track as would like to lose half a stone more before we go.

Had to get my fix of your diary Barb!! :D Having a wobble today but logged on here and wobble averted!!
Am sure you will lose that half stone in time for your holiday you are doing so well.x
Am glad your feeling a bit better too :D

That sounds like a sensible idea to wait until next week to go swimming again. You don't want to make yourself bad for longer.

Sounds like you had a lovely meal out last night. yum yum. A pudding if your out for a nice meal very occasionally is ok otherwise you'll only end up resenting your diet thinking you'll never eat things like that again.

Oooh where are you off on your cruise? Which ship? My hubby and i have been on a few 3 night cruises to belgium and france and love them. We're off on a 4 night one for new year 2012 - 2013. x

Sensible plan Barb :) Hope you are another day closer to 100% fit and healthy....just ease back into everything, one day at a time!

Oooh cruises, Barb and Rhi...lucky women! My home looks out to the sea, and now and again i see a beautiful cruise ship passing in the distance...beautiful, especially at night, when it is all lit up....romantic and exciting!

:) :) :) :)

Good idea Barb, give your body a chance to recover, and you need to be at your best to really enjoy your cruise you lucky girl, a cruise would be my dream holiday.
Hope you have a great day:)

The cruise has been planned for over a year, we booked it a while after Dad died and I could not imagine going away, so we made it a long time in the future and now it's nearly here! It si for 9 nights and we go from Southampton to Morocco and back via Spain and Portugal. Really looking forward to it, we have gone completely bonkers and booked a suite! We even have a butler! I shall come back with such airs and graces you'll all have to be very strict with me. Looking forward to the luxury and the time away but a bit worried what it will do on the weight front!

A good day yesterday, stuck to plan and feel pleased with myself. Tonight though we are out for dinner and tomorrow too! Oh dear, it's gonna be tricky.

Ooooh i live in Southampton. You'll have to tell me the date and i'll come watch you go out. Which ship are you sailing on? Sounds lovely. :) Wow a suite too. you're soooo lucky. You'll be too posh to slum it with us lot after a 9 night cruise lol. I can see why you're worried about putting on the weight as i have to admit i always do but you can tackle that again when you're back. Just enjoy yourself and have fun. It's not like you do it every week so make the most of the luxury.

Have a nice meal tonight and tomorrow night. xxx

Well, I survived the wild weekend and know that some damage was done. So it's back to the real world from today.

I am going swimming today, which I am really excited about and hoping that it will be ok for me. I need to get back on the diet and exercise properly as this 2.5 weeks of being poorly has had an impact on my enthusiasm and focus.

I am hoping for an STS this week, there is no chance of a loss, I know that, but an STS would be just fine. That would leave me with 2 weeks to lose the last 4lbs of the 2nd stone and I reckon once I am swimming again I will do it ok.

So here I go, full steam ahead!

good morning lovey :)

have a great day, enjoy your swim, i know how much you've been looking forward to it, i can imagine you coming out the pool with a huge grin on your face :D

ooh your cruise sounds amazing, a suite and a butler!!!!!..oooh errr, i better wise up on my manners, and learn to curtsey for your return!!! hee hee..have a fabulous time when it comes.

You'll have that intended weight off before you go, no problem. Good luck for weigh in, don't worry, you may have a lovely surprise...never say never! :)

Hi Barb,
Hope you enjoy your swim today so glad your feeling alot better :D:Dx
Me.. Well fell off the wagon so Day 1 for me today :mad::mad: but I havent given up xx

10 lengths, 45minutes aqua-aerobics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm back and it feels sooooo good!

Back