Barb's going at it a little differently!

Exactly Clarri, realistically that has to be the aim. We have 4 nights out next week! Mad. Having said that I am being very good inbetween. Like today, fruit and salad only for a bit of damage limitation!

Asking a lot though. An STS will be fine with me, anything as long as it's not a gain!

Lovely night, went for a super chinese with some good friends and it was really nice. Ate fairly sensibly and when it came to pud I had toffee apples and gave 3 out of 4 away!

Hoping to go swimming today but am coughing again, so not too sure. I do feel life is conniving against me a bit at the moment. Still, I must stay positive and focussed, if I can't exercise then i can't. Doesn't mean I need lots of biscuits to cheer me up!

Hi
i envy your busy social life :) I enjoy eating out, but haven't for such a long time now. I reckon you are doing well and making good choices and being sensible with choices and sharing puddings/desserts..go girl! :)

Look after that cough hun....you will return to full exercise regime when you and your body are ready..and not a minute earlier! *wags finger* hee hee :)

Hope that poor girl is okay, and well done you on doing the right thing..a good citizen!

have a good sunday...and don't worry about your nights out, you can allow and adjust your intake the following days and days in between..all good!..and good luck for weigh in hun x

Thanks Rose, all you say makes sense but I do worry a bit. I am fairly confident that i am going to be lucky to STS the next week or so and that i a bit annoying. On the other hand as long as i'm not gaining I should be pleased with all that's going on.
I love our social life and fitting a diet in is pretty difficult but tbh I'm not prepared to give it up so I have to make it work. Having said that the next week or so is a bit exceptional, 4 nights out of 7 to be out is a bit much really! Good practise for the cruise though!!!!!

Where has my iron will gone? If anyone spots it anywhere could they please return it to me?

All sorts of naughty stuff is sneaking in and I urgently need to nip it in the bud. The occasional biscuit has turned into 2-3 at a time. Yesterday DD1 brought mini yum yums in and before I knew it I had eaten one. Just like that. You know, diet? What diet? Cross with myself.

So damage limitation time. Cutting right back to basics and although there are 4 nights out this week and a family birthday I am going to get back on this. I am sure it was being ill that did the damage, broke the consistency of being good and that has caused the problem. Need to ask myself some straight questions;

Do I want to lose more weight? YES!
Do I need to lose more weight? YES!
Can my health be improved by weight loss? YES!
Can I lose weight and achieve my goal? YES!

Ok, i'll get on with it then.

You know you can Barb. Look at how far you have come. I think its just a case of head down and plough on!!!
It was for me.
Shows how we are only ever a nip away from those bad habits that got us where we are today!!
xxx

You can do it Barb x
I think the cold/cough hasn't quite gone :sigh:yet and once your fighting fit again you ll be exercising again .. :D
Every day is a trial for me.. So Im just taking it hour by hour hoping you have a good week (inspirational ladyx) :D:D

good strong positive attitude Barb..well done! :)

Enjoy your whirlwind of social activities...and deal with the aftermath....well, after? :)

Have a nice day, hope your iron turns up soon, i looked to see if it has appeared in my cupboard (maybe fancied a scottish holiday)..but nope..it ain't there hun! :) :) :) :)

..and if it is still awol, you won't be able to plough through that mountain of ironing..oh dear, what a shame ;) hee hee

Thanks girls, I think I am getting back my mojo. One biscuit only with morning tea, then a small banana before swimming. 2 lengths and 45 minutes aqua then home for a dry fried ham omlette! That's more like it!

Hi Barb...

Sorry to see you've been struggling, but I think you're back on track now....keep those positive thoughts and believe that you can achieve them. You can do this ;)

You're getting right back on track Barb, good for you, we are all going to do this hun, 25 pounds is a LOT, you know you dont want that back on, its great to see you getting back into the right frame of mind:)

A much better day yesterday, still had some wine in the evening which I am cross about but much better food wise.
No weight loss this week, but I was expecting that. Next week will be the same I suspect with the rather wild week ahead.

Feeling a bit worried though as last night my eyelids became very itchy and burning - this morning I have very swollen eyelids and am thinking it was almost certainly the chlorine at the pool. It smelled very strong and made my eyes sting as I was doing aqua. So now what do I do? Miss swimming in case or rick going and making my eyes worse? Grrrrrr. This is so annoying.

Hi Barb x
Glad your feeling better today, Sounds like it cld be the chlorine in the pool.. damm so frustrating.. altho I had very red eyelids recently think it was a reaction to lots of booze in my case :(:(
Hope you have a gd day today xx

Nice frame of mind Barb :)....what a shame regarding your eyes, i hope they recover soon....goggles is the only kind of protection i can think of barb??????...do people still wear them in the pool..hmm maybe its just kids? Anyway, good luck and enjoy your nights out, even if the scales sts same next week..there is always the following week!

Well done on STS Barb :) Roll on next week ;)

As for the chlorine, try goggles, and maybe pick up some optrex eye spray...it's very mild and cooling, might help the itchy feeling ;)

hiya barb

you are still doing really well, enjoy your wild weekend and could it be hayfever with your eyes???? If not all I can suggest is goggles x

The eyes are a lot better, I put vaseline on the lids before i went swimming and that seemed to help a lot so will do the same today.

In the midst of a very social week, hence not been on here much. Headed up todays diary page and realised that today is day 100 on my health plan! Really pleased with myself, may not be losing much this week or next but I'm still recording everything.

Am on Day 11 :D cant wait to be on Day 100:D
Glad to hear the eyes are a bit better x

Back