Barb's going at it a little differently!

You are not a misery barb, you are a lovely person and were one of the first, to make me feel welcome on this site :)

You've got it right, its just demands on you just now that make you feel its tipping the balance a wee bit..this exhausting phase will pass hun, it truly will!

It's just coping with it just now that is hard and tiring for you. If i were you I'd put mum first, in equal par with you of course..then work and other family demands can take a temporary 'back seat' for the moment.

How lovely that your mum is in a retirement home with an independant lifestyle, hope she is happy there. Well, just you go visit her, spend a nice time chatting, reminicing and laughing together :)...everything else can wait! Don't pressurise yourself with regard to diet and exercise, take a few healthy snacks with you when you visit mum to keep you on track....forget the housework, what's an unmade bed or a little dust in the grand scale of things????..tomorrow is another day, and the day after that!

if you've no time to make a family meal tonight, or you're tired....treat yourselves to a takeaway, or a couple of supermarket pizzas....just make sensible choices with the takeaway or the portion size ;)..then you won't feel upset or let down that you ate something a wee bit calorific! :D

If I lived closer, i'd pop round right now and take you out for a healthy lunch, cup of tea and a long chat about the trials and tribulations of transforming ourselves into supermodels :D..before I dropped you off at your mum's :)

Chin up, and offload on here anytime you feel like it today...i'm always around at some point or another!!! :)

I agree with the lovely RR Barb, You are certainly not a misery you are a lovely kind person that has helped me get back on track!
You have alot on your plate at the moment, Hope you have a relaxing weekend you deserve one xxx :D

Ah Rose, wouldn't it be lovely to have a cup of tea together. Thank you for all your kind words, I am going to relax a bit, the pressure of everything is too much.

I am not going to stop my diary or stop eating as healthily as possible but i am not going to be quite so hard on myself if I eat a biscuit or have some wine. It's the guilt that does my head in.

Aww Barb,
shame you're having a rotten time just now and i hope the pressure eases off really soon, when problems pile up and still trying to get through the grieving process it can feel as though our life has changed without our consent and that is a horrible feeling, but we probably experience similar amounts of joy and misery, and you seem to have had a shed load of misery dumped on you, but there is of course one thing we have complete control over..... yep you guessed it, only we can control what we eat, so give yourself a little joy in what you see on the scales and your holiday, these could be 2 good reasons to smile:)
Feel better hun XX CUDDLE

Hi everyone, feeling much more myself today. Sat in the garden last night, had a Fondue and some vino and relaxed. Lovely.
Ms Piggy - it can feel as though our life has changed without our consent and that is a horrible feeling - really rang true with me. That is how I feel, everything has changed and I have to come to terms with that. I will but i guess it is going to take a lot more time than I realised.

Got a wedding party to got to tonight and have no idea what to wear. It's a posh one so I am going to have to make an effort. Time to ransack the wardrobe.

Tomorrow we are having a farewell party for the family as our younger son is going off travelling. i am wondering if that is preying on my mind a bit too. He plans to be gone at least 6 months and i am dreading saying good bye. Still he is 23 and needs to spread his wings.

Happy to hear you are feeling brighter today Barb. Perhaps your son going off on his adventures are preying on your mind, every mother would feel the same!

it's difficult to let go no matter what age they are :) he'll have a wonderful time though, how exciting for him,... and a lovely reunion when he returns..he won't recognise you!

Have a lovely night out, remember to wear your dancing shoes :)

Hi Barb....

Sorry you've been feeling a bit down...sometimes everything just gets too much and we need a good cry. Hormones don't help either :rolleyes:

Enjoy your weekend... don't worry about your son, he'll have a ball and you're internet savvy so it won't be a problem keeping in touch ;)

Chat soon x

Well, as weekends go, even for me, that was wild!

Did well at the wedding party, avoided the buffet completely, drank WAY too much and danced all evening. Good calorie burning but prob not enough. Yesterday family party and I lost it completely. Crisps, drinks, mini cakes, more wine, massive chinese..... You get the picture. BUT, it was a lovely weekend, my spirits feel lifted and although i know, again no weight will be lost this week, I think I will have chipped off last weeks gain and be on my way again. 13 days now till the holiday and I want to go off 2 stone lighter. That means I have 13 days to lose about 4-5lbs depending on tomorrow's weigh in.

Hi Barb!

Good to see how positive you are. Family events are always the worst for eating too much! My family are real foodies so food plays a big part in social gatherings and what not. It's good that you're moving on and not beating yourself over the head with it - which is what I'd do. Definitely taking a leaf out of your book!

Just back from swimming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hurray, feel really good. 2 lengths and 45 mins of aqua. Very pleased, just what was needed.

No surprise today, STS. But not upset at all, perfectly reasonable in view of the weekends shenanigans!

So it's all systems go for next tuesday's weighin.

There you go Barb xx Here s to a good week this week :D:D

Thanks KR - just back from swimming, did the 45 min aqua class today and it was seriously lively. Really good though, I was feeling grumpy before and made myself go, so glad i did, feel much better.

You're doing so well barb! :D

Yay Barbs back!!!!
its so good to see you getting back in the swim (pardon the pun):)
you are sounding focused again, you go girl:):):):)

Did well yesterday and am happy to report that the 3lb gained is now all gone (didn't put it in my ticker, just couldn't bear to!). I now seem to have a cold! Great! Not panicking, wasn't going swimming today anyway as have pre holiday shopping to do.

So here's to a good day of retail therapy!

I hear shopping is a form of exercise.... no doubt all that reaching for your wallet, carrying bags and wandering around stores will burn off loads of calories ;)

Well if shopping is a form of exercise OTW - then I did the equivalent of a marathon! Had a lovely day on Brighton with DD1 - bought some nice tops and make-up and accidently went in the swarovski shop and bought some rings! They were a bargain really so totally justified.

Not going swimming today as too chesty but will keep busy anyway.

Back