Barb's going at it a little differently!

Quite pleased 2 gone but not the 3 as hoped. Should still mean that I can see the rest and a bit extra gone next week but feel impatient and disappointed.

Oh well, onwards and downwards.

Barb,

2 Pounds is great Well done you :D
A loss is a loss and just think your mindset has changed now.. In years gone by am sure you d of thought oh well and not kept to the diet.. that s how im thinking :D And you inspired me to get back on the wagon so go you!!! xxx

Hi Katierose, thank you for that, how lovely to think I inspired you, that makes me feel very good! Then I look at your ticker and guess what? You inspire me too! That si the joy of this site, we really can lift each other up and make a difference. Fab.

Funny day yesterday, my twins 24th birthday, one here one in Thaliand and the whole day just felt odd. We celebrated as usual but we did miss him and I know his sister did too. Went out for an Indian meal in the evening and i stuck with tandoori prawns and salad, so pleased with that!

Been very good today, must keep this up and I will kick that holiday gain into touch next week!

Struggling, still. Doing it but not got the enthusiasm I would like. Done 4 lots of aqua this week so that's good and bee fairly good on the food front but do feel a bit 'anti'. Think it's one of those situations where I need to lose some more weight to feel inspired but because i'm not in the mood I'm not losing as fast as I could be so I don't feel inspired!

Oh well, I'll get there in the end, no way will I be giving up so even if it takes ages, i'll get there.

Hi barb x
You will get there I think sometimes we look at the negatives instead of looking at the positives which are 4 times doing aqua wow !!! And your much more aware of what your eating which is fantastic...
I totally relate to what your saying as take last night for instance I was feeling resentful and grumpy because I felt I wanted to eat and drink myself stupid .. I then made myself a cup of tea and thought how would I feel tomorrow morning .. I would of had a hangover whereas I'm about to go to the gym ... And so you are doing all the exercise and changing your life !
Xxx we can do this

I can really relate to what you say there Barb, have been feeling that way the tail end of this week too, even had a mini binge yesterday!

Like what Katie says about looking at the positives :)

Hope you have a good w/e luv
x

Hi Barb...

Well done on sticking with your plan...

Keep up the good work xx

Hi Barb hope you're having a good week. Sometimes we get a bit impatient because we want to take the direct route but the body wants the scenic view. Take it easy and as long as the mark on the scale continues downward however small celebrate it. Never be disappointed remember how much you have achieved so far.

That's the holiday gain gone, now I can concentrate on the rest. Just under 10 weeks to Christmas, so plenty of time to make a real difference. A lb a week would do me!

Thanks girls. I'm in a funny mood though. Went out last night to Frankie and Benny's with my sister and her husband. Picked up the menu an my sister immediately said ' they have a lighter option' menu there Barb', er ok, I guess I would have seen that anyway, then 2 minutes later, as we were all deciding what to have she said, 'it's really good, the lighter option menu, isn't it'.

It soooo p***ed me off. I mean, I get it, I'm fat, I'm on a diet, I have no business enjoying 'normal' food like other people. I went from a good mood to bad in under 20 seconds and felt like ordering the most calorific thing on the menu. She of course was ordering a salad to start! Grr, I guess she was probably trying to be supportive but I can read and I can make choices and I really don't want attention drawn to the dieting thing when I am out for a meal. I didn't say anything and maybe I should, but i don't want to upset her and she is always very defensive.

Trouble is today all I seem to have done is eat. I know it is because i feel upset about last night and I know it is illiogical but dammit I just feel got at.

I know what you mean, they say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...

I won't let anyone be so "helpful" to me, sorry it got to you so much tho do understand

Am currently on a mini or maybe not so mini complete and iutter break from the diet, hoping I'll not put on every pound I lost!!!

All the best luv
x

I've calmed down on the sisterly comments but really need to address my on/offness with the diet plan. I seem to wax between mega controlled swiftly followed by not controlled at all. Trying to figure out what is going on in my head, wondering if I just need to tweak things a bit, do a week of calorie counting or something. Not sure.

Today started well though, 30 lengths by 10am! Pleased with that at least.

Have decided to change my weigh in day! This Tuesday will be my last one, then I will have Friday as my weigh in. I think that will work better for me, if I have had a madly sociable weekend I then have the whole week to make up for it.
I am also going to change my food a bit. I am going to make some really tasty chicken soup, full of veggies and loads of chicken, so that when i get back from swimming i have something warm and filling that will do me good and keep me going.

I have just had a read back of this diary and realised how far I have come, so although there is still a way to go, I have recognised that I am doing well and need to stop beating myself up.

Onwards and downwards.

Hi Barb :)

Sounds like a really good idea to change your weigh in day, especially if your "worst" times are at the weekend

Also defo sounds like a good idea to have some healthy and tasty soup on hand - I've really noticed that soup is lovely and filling, need to make it more often myself too

And I'm definately a fan of not beating yourself up over this, you have done amazingly well - when you think how many thousands of women try and lose weight and don't really manage to and you have - it really ain't easy is it

Also thinking about your previous post - saying about being mega controlled followed by not controlled

I've been thinking cause this last week I've been completely off the diet - and just before that I was eating less than I have at any time so far - I got fed up of being hungry, and just kind of lost it - was spending such a lot of time thinking about what I wanted to eat..

Am now wondering if by overdoing the diet it kind of led to me not being able to carry on and breaking it

Whereas if I had been more relaxed and allowed myself to eat more then maybe I wouldn't have rebelled?

Sorry luv i might just be talking ***** :D

Hope you have a good week
x

I think you are spot on Blossums, it really is all about balance. Finding out how strict we can be whilst still being happy. How relaxed we can be whilst still losing weight. If, like me, you are all or nothing, then it is very difficult not to either feast or famine.

I suppose it is simplest to say what do we want the most? For me, mostly it is weight loss, but sometimes a glass of wine or a chocolate chip cookie is irresistable. So, sometimes I'm winning and sometimes I'm not and I think you are very similar to me. We are very motivated but we still slip up at times.

The important thing is keeping going. I KNOW I am not going to give up. It may take a year it may take 3 years, but I will get there in the end and that is all that matters. However I am not prepared to put my life totally on hold whilst I do it. I will still enjoy nights out, bottles of wine and the occasional cookie, but MOST of the time I will stick to my plan until the job is done. Then I will work hard at keeping the habits that got me in this state at bay!

Barb, that attitude is going to ensure you hit your goal. You're right, it really doesn't matter when you do it, you'll get there, and the pride that you've achieved your goal will help you to maintain :)

Thanks OTW - feeling a bit down this morning as have managed to GAIN 3lbs. Not been as good as i could have been but not that bad either. Have come down with a rotten cold so couldn't swim yesterday (or probably the rest of the week) so that may be one problem but I am not panicking. I am bound to have the odd blip and being poorly can contribute to that.

So, here's the plan:

Priority1 - get well again, which with my chest may take a little while so being super careful.
Priority 2 - continue weight loss journey ASAP, but not worry till all better.
Priority 3 - eat really healthily to help get rid of this cold.

Fingers crossed, come weigh in a week Friday I could be well back on course.

That's the spirit hun, well done :) so what is awee gain between friends?... you'll work at losing that plus more with that new plan of yours, just sit bac now and let those good results come flooding in :)

Back