Barb's healthy start!

Well I have had a totally stressful day and I have not turned to food or booze - well done Barb!!! 1400 cals for the whole day, no swim as didn't have time, work all day and a course this evening, but just got in, had a light meal and no wine!!!!
Did walk Ozzie so at least did some exercise.
Really feel in the zone again - 3 good days completed, very pleased.

Fantastic news Barb! Hey, you and me are really cooking on gas right now!! :D

I think it's probably one of those 'lightbulb' moments where we realise and accept (albeit reluctantly) that we HAVE to get a grip ... either that or return to a place we really don't want to be.

Well done you! I'm chuffed to bits :)

Thanks Debbie - guess what, 3 days in and 4lbs down already! Can't believe it - makes me think I must have been drinking an awful lot of cals. In fact I went on a cal counting website and it calculated that 3 x 7oz glasses of wine every evening (which, if I am honest is about right) is sufficient to make you gain 48lbs a year! Wow, talk about a light bulb moment! So looking forward to another good day - feel totally motivated and as you say Debbi - we are both cooking with gas. This is our time now, we are going to do this and have a slim summer 2007!

Day 4 and its been a good one. Slightly more of a struggle, felt a bit hungry and fanciful but counted the cals and stuck it out - just! No swim today - too much work on but did give Ozzie a good 30 min walk so better than nothing. Still not a drop of alch which is very good, would have liked a glass tonight but stayed strong. Pleased with myself!

We're bound to get slightly 'off' days Barb where feel it's a wee bit of a struggle but you stuck it out and I bet you felt good about it too!
Each time we slip even slightly, that slip seems to magnify in our minds - do you find that? At least you haven't got that to deal with today.

You're doing great and as a diet buddy, I'm dead proud!

Thanks Debbie - we are both doing well aren't we? I had a good day yesterday exercise wise - long walk with Ozzie and a 20 length swim so pleased about that. Did have some wine and a chinese in the evening but still kept to boiled rice and non battered food so I don't think I did any real damage. Had a really rotten day work wise so needed to relax a bit last night. It's all about balance really. I just have to not be so 'all or nothing' - something I recognise in lots of people on here. We are either dieting like crazy or stuffing our faces!

Oh well, lets have another good day!

I'm leaving to go to the meet at Gunwharf in about an hour Barb ... I'll take piccies and add them soon :)

Back