Barb's healthy start!

Barb

Gold Member
Time for a new diary from me I think. I have today started a new healthy plan and although I am not cal counting I am writing down what i eat and how I feel. I just think I need to get the rubbish food out of my life and concentrate on getting healthier with a slimmer bod' almost a by product. I need to lose about five stone and to do that I need to have a plan I can live with. I am not much good at abstinance so it has to be something I can enjoy. I am also a terror for wanting something the minute I am told I can't have it, but if I know I can if I really want to - then I nearly always don't bother.
I did this in 2002 and lost 4 stone, I have since put back 1 and half stone but still kept 2 and a half off, which I think is pretty good. So going to have another stab at it.
So far today I have been very good and have just eaten for lunch a large bowl of home-made chicken and vegetable soup!
Will try to stick to this diary as well as my written one to really get the maximum benefit.:D

Great to see you back on track and raring to go Barb!

I got up late this morning (very late night!!) and had a 'brunch' of porrige, 4 prunes and a rice cake. Seems odd eating but I have to keep reminding myself this is HEALTHY eating and it's ok!

I'm looking forward to following your progress - let's make 2007 our year! :)

Yay to that Debbie - this IS going to be our year, I can really feel it. I was thinking about it this morning and how this whole dieting thing is just a 'brain' thing. How we let our heads play games with us and we eat when we are not hungry etc... I think the writing down is the most powerful tool we have. In 2002 I practically wrote a book with my daily ramblings but it really helped and if I was having a tricky day I could go back and have a read and it really got me going again. Who knows Debbie, you love to write, I love to write, perhaps there will be a joint publication to collaborate on in the near future! wouldn't that be a hoot?

Slim 2007 - BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of love, Barbxxxxx

A good day so far - still fairly wheezy due to cold but doing ok. Went shopping with DD and then came and sat with a cup of tea. Yes had some biscuits - no not hundreds. Had 2 small choccie ones and two plain ones. Ok, thats 4 more than I should have had but a week ago it could just a seasily have been6/8/10. So I am not cross with myself, I stopped when I decided to, not guiltily cramming another one in!
Tonight I am cooking jacket spuds and steak with salad. Nice and healthy, no butter obviously and low cal dressing.
Feel calm, in control, happy. Not very well, but happy!

Hi Barb

Happy New Year, here's to a happy, healthy one:D

Thanks Cheb - same to you. Well day 2 of my healthy start. Yesterday went quite well, I had more biccies than I should have but overall it was a very much more restrained day than I have had for a long time! Been to work this morning and resisted a slice of vanilla butter cream and smartie cake so that was good. Now feel very nibbly - it is real comfort food weather right now and I just feel like something nice. So, I came on here instead! Hold those positive thoughts - thats what I keep saying to myself!

It's tough in this miserable weather isn't it Barb. At least in the summer you don't feel like 'stodgy' food ... and also it's easier to go out and about in the fresh air (don't feel like doing much of that in the cold and rain!)

Keep chipping away! :)

How are you doing today Debbie? Feeling positive or struggling?

Love Barbxx

Feeling positive Barb but just nervous at the thought of not being under CD 'security'. It's a bit scary out here in calorie land!

Time for a new diary from me I think. I have today started a new healthy plan and although I am not cal counting I am writing down what i eat and how I feel. I just think I need to get the rubbish food out of my life and concentrate on getting healthier with a slimmer bod' almost a by product. I need to lose about five stone and to do that I need to have a plan I can live with. I am not much good at abstinance so it has to be something I can enjoy. I am also a terror for wanting something the minute I am told I can't have it, but if I know I can if I really want to - then I nearly always don't bother.
I did this in 2002 and lost 4 stone, I have since put back 1 and half stone but still kept 2 and a half off, which I think is pretty good. So going to have another stab at it.
So far today I have been very good and have just eaten for lunch a large bowl of home-made chicken and vegetable soup!
Will try to stick to this diary as well as my written one to really get the maximum benefit.:D

Great to see you're back on here Barb.

Good luck with your mode of transport for your journey.

CC x

Well day 3 is here and I am feeling ok. Still a bit germ ridden but better than I did. Yesterday went quite well till I cooked roast pork for dinner and it emerged complete with crispy crackling! Oops, could not resist. Not too much eaten though so could have been worse. Today I tried waitrose Butternut squash soup for lunch. 154 cals for a nice bowlful of really tasty, quite spicy very satisfying soup! Rather chuffed, no effort and yet really yum. Still feel very fanciful, walked past shel in utility room and spotted large tin of condensed milk and immediately had to get a grip on sels. Love that stuff!
Anyway, staying clear of the scales, only expectuing a slow start anyway and am just trying to get my head into gear. Think I am getting there!

I love Butternut squash! And it has the best name ever too!! ;) Rolls off the tongue.

So glad you're taking this stress free attitude and easing yourself back into the swing of things Barb.
I'm not faring so well and am in full headless chicken mode - ho hum!

Anyway, well done for avoiding the condensed milk. What control! Onwards, ever onwards! :)

Oh Cobblers! God I am so pants at this! One minute I am the most focused dieter in the world the next I am tucking into a nice cup of tea and 3 ginger biscuits. Then as if that isn;t naughty enough I set to and make a nice rich beef curry with home-made egg fried rice and wash it down with a couple of glasses of red wine. S**t, B**gge* and all other rude words both with and with out asterisks. I wish I knew which planet my brain was on cos it sure is not on planet healthy eating!

Ok, remain calm, the fact that I am sitting here like a big bloated balloon must be put to one side. I can do this, cut down, be sensible, stop eating rubbish - I mean these are all MY choices aren't they?

Ok, as Scarlett would say, I'll think about it tomorrow, for tomorrow (big hollywood build up) is another day!!!!!!!!

Barb disappears into the twilight muttering to herself .....

Oh well Barb .... what's done is done and tomorrow is another day. At least you have been open about your meal - (and let's face it, it was a yummy one). It would be far worse to eat it furtively, get all guilty about it and not post. That's the start of a slippery slope and leads no-where good. You've had a tasty meal, you've shrugged your shoulders and will pick up where you left off tomorrow. :)

Tomorrow is a new beginning.

Thanks Debbie, I know you are right, still hard not to be cross with myself though. It still could have been worse though - at least I didn't get stuck inot the Christmas Baileys, which is currently sitting in the cupboard calling me over every evening!
Right, here's to a better day.

Thanks Cheb - actually 80% of the time would do. LOL.
Anyway, feel in a better frame of mind today and am determined that however scenic the route, I will get there in my own sweet time. Giving up for ever is just not happening!

Good day so far - have been busy and even felt well enough to take Ozzie (my yorkie) for a short walkies along Eastbourne prom. V.windy but good to be out. When I got home I could have just sat which maybe would have led to a biscuit or two, so instead I went and sorted out my undies drawer! One of those things I keep meaning to do but haven't got around to. So nice feeling of achievement and no nibbling. Well done Me! NB, do pop socks breed? I swear I only had about 6 pairs and I now seem to have about 30!!!!!!

A good day Barb! We must be psychic or something because I took Pepper out along the Bay today as well - wasn't that South Coast wind something else? Brrrrrr!!

I even wore a hat - something I never usually do! It was Steve's possum hat so I must have looked a total prat but I don't care: it was toasty warm!

What are you having for dinner tonight Barb?

Hmm, bit of a problem there as we are going to my (slim) sister's for dinner. I think I will just be careful with what I am given, eat slowly, which I do anyway,and resist any seconds! I will also offer to drive so I can stick to mineral water. Blimey, that sounds sensible!

Isn't it weird how a day can make a difference, if we knew why we could crack this dieting lark. Yesterday I was like a runaway train food wise, couldn't make a sensible decision etc.. today I feel calmer and more in control. Oh well, just got to make the most of the easier days I guess.

And YES, that was very windy, I too wore a hat and was aware that I looked completely silly. Glad I wasn't the only one. (wearing a hat I mean, not looking silly, although if the cap/hat fits...)

Love Barb xx

Back