Barb's Up and Down Diary

Thanks Tashy, glad I am not the only one to think like this!

Love

well done Barb, as you say for only half a week of "dieting" thats good & as long as you are pleased thats what matters.
here's to another successful week for you
xx:)

Hi Barb

If you think about it you've lost half a stone in a week & a half of dieting! cool, eh?

Well done hon!

Wow, I like that way of thinking even better! Thanks Anja, exactly the encouragement I need!

Well, a good UD yesterday, if you count a massive chinese meal, a bottle of wine and 2 large ice creams as good!!!!! Still, I enjoyed it and today is a DD, with just .25LB back on so not too bad really!

Having a bit of trouble with my mood though. Very weepy yesterday, extremely unusual for me. Know that I am menopausal (had a blood test as had a hysterectomy when I was 30) and have been suffering with hot flushes. Just feel sad, no reason at all, everything is absolutely fine, so I know it has to be the dratted hormones but it really isn't helping.

Anyway, wish me luck on my DD, just don't feel at all interested myself, but I won't let my Judddie Budddies down.

Love

hi Barb,
i felt like that yesterday too.
lets hope we both feel a bit better today
xx:)

Hi Barb

Fantastic result this morning giving your yummy Upday.:p

Sorry your feeling an ickle bit down. Hope you perk up as the day goes on. A nice walk and keeping busy are my only suggestions. But I know when I feel like that I end up just sitting around feeling sorry for myself. Need to take my own advice a little more often.:rolleyes:

Oh yes and make some yummy plans for your UpDay tomorrow.:D

Dizzy x

Can feel this DD turning into a UD! Just feel miserable. Unmotivated, tired, grumpy, pissed off, reluctant, unreasonable, did I mention tired?

What is the matter with me, where has all my enthusiasm gone? I want it back and I want it now.

Don't know what to do. Is it better to call today an UD and just not worry about it?

Help my fellow Juddders, I am in need of you!

Thanks Bex, that makes sense.
I just don't feel like counting, weighing, thinking about anything. God, I am a misery, feel free to shoot me, no one would blame you!

Oh no Barb!

I think it would be best to stick to it as a DownDay if you can but you could have a higher DownDay. I think you can go up to about 800 calories or so can't you?

I think if you decide to change it to a UpDay then it will be difficult again tomorrow because today won't be a full UpDay with breakfast and everything and you won't be satisfied.

I'm just drawing on my experience of last weekend. I ended up having 3 failed DownDays instead of one. Keeping going is more important than the weight loss at times like this. So maybe raise todays DownDay calories and plan yourself some treats with them.

Remember that 3 weeks is the peak of the increased mood on this diet so maybe that has a little to do with it too.

Hope you can stay strong and pull the day around.

Now what are you going to eat as a treat?;)

Dizzy x

Aww sorry you're feeling so down today Barb and having a tough day. It's horrible when you feel like that and have no enthusiasm for anything, let alone count calories.

Do you think if you have an UD today you'll be able to pull it back and do a DD tomorrow? After all you can have two UD's together, and as Bex says if you don't go mad today but take it a bit easier on yourself and hopefully you'll feel brighter and have that determination back tomorrow.

At the end of the day all diets are hard, and you'll always have days when you just want to go and eat the contents of the fridge (well I do anyway). Just accept you're human and can't be perfect all the time. An extra UD won't do much harm, just get back onto it tomorrow.

Take care
xx

Well Dizzy, I have already had 160 cals worth of biscuits!!!! Yes, I know, they are my weakness. But you are right, I don;t have to write this day off. I will go and check the calclator and see what would be reasonable. I don;t want to slip now, I know it is only my darned hormones messing with me. My head is all over the place, I hate feeling like this.

Thanks for the help.

Love

Thanks Madam D, its so lovely to have your support. I am going to try and be sensible but if I do slide I am not going to panic. On this plan 2 UD's are ok and I will not lose the plot and dump the diet. No way!

Love

Hi Barb, we all have miserable days sometimes, and it does make it much harder to stick to diets then. But, as you already know, eating more food today will not make you happier, in fact it will make the day more miserable.

You have done brilliantly so far, and the cheerfulness will return soon. My hot tip for cr*p moods is to do something you hate but really needs to be done - for me that is stuff like scrubbing skirting boards, clearing out cupboards or defrosting the freezer. Those things would make any day miserable, so why waste a happy day on it, get it done when you are feeling fed up anyway and at least you get a warm glow of achievement afterwards.

Hope you feel brighter soon, and keep up the JUDDDering.

Gosh, you are so right! I am going to go and bath the dog!!!!

He hates it, I hate it but I love it when it's done. Have just checked my DD cals and could have 820 today on the 35% basis. So I think that is what I will do. That means that although I have had 180 already, I still have 640 for the reat of the day. I can do that!

Ok, Barbs going to stop whinging and get on with it. Thanks everyone!

Hey Barb,

Have a big bowl of bright, colourful & cheerful fruit. Have a big plate of salad. Have a big bowl of skinny cow ice cream.

If you can, stick with a DD. All those are bright & cheerful & very low cal & plan a really nice yummy up day tomorrow. This won't feel like a real UD if you change partway through.

I've got melon for a mid morning snack today, a Slimfast for lunch, a big cheese salad for dinner & skinny cow planned for this evening.

Also think how wonderful your dog will look! Ours hates being washed but LOVES being towelled off!

Hope the day will turn around for you. What a great idea by Clare. Bathing the dog will really cheer you up in the end. You will feel so proud to have got through today so well and still have tomorrow's UpDay to look forward too aswell. I think this day may very well be your day of most progress on the diet in the end.

Dizzy x

Back