Barb's Up and Down Diary

Thanks, you've broken the spell! I feel better, Ozzie looks gorgeous (smells better too!), I even gave him a little trim so he looks very smart. Got a low cal fish pie out the freezer for tonight so know my cals are only going to be 180 for main meal! Will have a colourful salad for lunch ( thanks Anja, good idea), maybe some melon this afternoon and then my Skinny Cow tonight.

If it wasn't for you guys I would have slipped then, I didn' t and I'm not going to. I would feel that I had let you down as much as myself.

May not need all 820 cals, but if I do I can have them and still stick to the plan! Very chuffed, back on track.

Big hugs to all the Judddies!

Love

Yeay!

And woohoo for Ozzie!

Well done, how lovely to have a sweet scented dog (memo to self - must wash mine soon). And it's great that your mood has picked up again so quickly and the DD saved, big pat on the back for you.

Thanks everyone - that was really close! So far I have had 392 cals -not too bad. My fish pie will be 190, which makes 582, so 100mls of skinny cow at 108 cals will do nicely. Should end the day on around 680! So glad you all helped me - now I can look forward to my UD without feeling down about myself.

Love

How nice Barb!

You feel good because you were strong enough to get over it and turn things around, you have a lovely UpDay to look forward to and a sweet scented dog to cuddle.

We all feel good because we helped! :grouphugg:

Dizzy x

Thanks everyone - that was really close! So far I have had 392 cals -not too bad. My fish pie will be 190, which makes 582, so 100mls of skinny cow at 108 cals will do nicely. Should end the day on around 680! So glad you all helped me - now I can look forward to my UD without feeling down about myself.

Love

Glad you've got that positive hat on again Barb:clap:. Week 3 and 4 can be tough.

Morning Barb
have just read your diary from start to finish ! Tomorrow is my first weigh in after following this new way of eating - will not call it a diet as I don't believe it is - pmk states that a diet is something where you are told what to eat and how much - on this WE MAKE OUR OWN CHOICES!!!!
So.........no diet. Yippeeee..........anyway, just wanted to say that you sound so positive and that its been good reading to instill (spelling?) some of that in me. My biggest problem in life currently is negativity (i am working on it) so thanks for passing some positives on x

Absolute pleasure Fitz! Interesting what you say Daffers, have you read up on weeks 3 and 4, ifso tell me more......

Finished the day on 582 yesterday, didn't have the Skinny Cow ice cream - wasn't feeling well enough for it. Think that may have been part of the prob the last few days. I went to bed early last night, exhausted, woke up with bad pains in my legs and back. Runnnig a temp for the last 3 days, now I come to think of it.Doh! Anyway, feel a bit better today, although have a headacheand limbs feel wooly - so guess I have had a bug.
So will take it easy today, but so pleased that my DD stayed a DD. On the scales this morning, 8lbs now gone!!!!! Very pleased and it really feels against the odds!

Have a good day My Judddie Buddies,

Love

Absolute pleasure Fitz! Interesting what you say Daffers, have you read up on weeks 3 and 4, ifso tell me more......

Just the impression I got. These are the weeks that people often plateau, and you know how demoralising that can be.
Finished the day on 582 yesterday, didn't have the Skinny Cow ice cream - wasn't feeling well enough for it.

BTW, did you know that Waitrose do these dinky little cornettos. 52 calories for the strawberry one and 64 for the choc and nut. Very nice too :)
I went to bed early last night, exhausted, woke up with bad pains in my legs and back. Runnnig a temp for the last 3 days, now I come to think of it.Doh!

Awww Barb. Poor you. Glad you are feeling a bit better today.

On the scales this morning, 8lbs now gone!!!!! Very pleased and it really feels against the odds!

:bliss::bliss:

Mmmm, waitrose you say, I might have to pop there later!

I agree with you about the plateauing - it is demoralizing. I am trying to be firm with myself though and accept that losses on this plan will be slow. 1-2lb a week is all I can really expect as I am doing 3 DD and 4UD a week. However, if that means I stick to it forever, because it is do-able, then ultimately i will hit my goal! It is realistically going to take 6-12 months, but hey I've been oveweight for 30 years so a few months getting to the right weight is pretty reasonable.

Tell you what though, I do feel weird, my head feels floaty and if I lean down it feels like I am falling! Got to see the accountant this morning and act intelligent, not going to be easy to pull off feeling like this!

Not hungry, just want to lay down.

Take care of yourself today Barb, sounds like the dreaded lurgy as we always call it!

Well done on getting through yesterday and ending up with a very respectable DD, especially as at the beginning of the day you didn't feel you could do it. 8lbs gone is fab, I'm so glad you're back in the zone :)

Hope you feel better soon
xx

Hey Barb,

Hope you feel better soon. 582 cals is brilliant, particularly with such a struggle.

I was on DD yesterday and decided not to Slimfast at lunch so that I could have a bigger bowl of ice cream in the evening. Not good really - only had had about 60 cals before 6pm, big box of melon.

I wonder if it will drop to 4lbs a month? Were our bigger losses just due to starting or are they likely to continue on a monthly basis? I'm aiming for 3lbs this week but it's TOTM and I always weigh more for that so I will probably aim for 3 or 4 again next week depending on whether I hit this week's target or not.

73 lbs at 4lbs p/m is 18 months but 73 lbs at 8lbs p/m is 9 months and maybe some months it'll be higher as most people exercise more in the summer. You never know, you could be nearly there by Christmas...

I'd be happy to lose half a stone a month. Considering the last month before I tried JUDDD I was trying & failing to SS for a month & only lost 4lbs.

Thanks Madam D and Anja, feel a bit better, survived the accountants - so thats a bonus.

Re losses - i am happier to err on the conservative side and be pleasantly surprised than hope for higher losses and feel like I've failed.
The average loss is about 10lbs a month so half a stone should be very possible. I don't know if that applies to people who stick exclusively to a max of 500 cals on DD's and alternate all the time. I am having 4 UD's, which TBH makes the plan work for me and trying to stick to a max of 500 (although occasionally sneaking nearer 600).

It is interesting getting into this 4th week, I am definately finding it harder than the first 3 - hope that settles down, it may be in part that I feel a bit poorly, time will tell.

Hi Barb,
sorry to hear you're under the weather at the mo, but it certainly explains your lack of enthusiasm yesterday.
Hope you perk up soon so you can enjoy your UD !
xx:)

Barb, sorry to hear you are feeling ill, those balance related bugs make me very sick, are you getting nausea too? I reckon that we should be losing on average a pound and a half of fat a week on 3 DDs (cutting out 1500 for 3 days = 4500cals = 1.5lbs fat). Sounds good to me.
You are doing brilliantly and I think there is bound to be some boredom set in after the initial euphoria of success. There is no reason why you couldn't eat a bit more on DDs if you need to, then cut back again when you feel better.

Hi Clairejen, yes I was feeling sicky but do feel a bit better now. I also feel more upbeat, the last couple of days were hard, not like me to be a misery really. I'm having a nice UD, haven't felt that hungry really but this evening we are going to pop out for a quite meal, which will be ncie, don't really feel like cooking!

I am bearing in mind now that if i want to I can have up to 820cals on a DD, but as I only do 3 DD's I would like to keep that to nearer 500. Having said that, this weekend we have a big family wedding, so Saturday will be wall to wall champagne and food and sunday I will be horrifically hungover. I normally eat lots when hungover but sunday will be a DD, so I reckon I will probably have 820. Oh what the heck ,no point worrying about it. That is the joy of this plan (as Fitz said it is'nt really a diet), you can be flexible, make up for excesses by cutting back sensibly without chucking the plan out the window.

I feel very excited about this still, I know that I can keep this plan going and that is what excites me the most.

Hope all the Judddies have had a good day,

Love

Hi Clairejen, yes I was feeling sicky but do feel a bit better now. I also feel more upbeat, the last couple of days were hard, not like me to be a misery really. I'm having a nice UD, haven't felt that hungry really but this evening we are going to pop out for a quite meal, which will be ncie, don't really feel like cooking!

I am bearing in mind now that if i want to I can have up to 820cals on a DD, but as I only do 3 DD's I would like to keep that to nearer 500. Having said that, this weekend we have a big family wedding, so Saturday will be wall to wall champagne and food and sunday I will be horrifically hungover. I normally eat lots when hungover but sunday will be a DD, so I reckon I will probably have 820. Oh what the heck ,no point worrying about it. That is the joy of this plan (as Fitz said it is'nt really a diet), you can be flexible, make up for excesses by cutting back sensibly without chucking the plan out the window.

I feel very excited about this still, I know that I can keep this plan going and that is what excites me the most.

Hope all the Judddies have had a good day,

Love

Sounds like it'll be a wonderful weekend Barb.

I'd stay in bed as late as possible on Sunday if I were you.;)

Dizzy x

Back