Barb's Up and Down Diary

I agree Claire, this is the no stress plan, so we MUST NOT stress. I am feeling in the mood to be patient and i think will only be cross with myself if I gain!

Thanks DQ, have had a busy day today deep cleaning the whole house!!!! Decided that there is too much dust in my life and that may be what is upsetting me as I am super allergic to dust! So mask on and away I went, must have burnt 300,000000 cals - at least! Feel much better and very chuffed with self. House looks really nice and I do feel less wheezy so thats grand. DH says we will have a chinese tonight, who am I to argue? It is such an awful evening that being indoors is all that appeals.
Last part of Dr Who too - wow, we know how to lead a wild life!

Well I am not feeling very good today! Think I must have a cold as I really do feel rubbish. Got on the scales and I am back to where i was 3 weeks ago! Feel so fed up, it's DD and I want some comfort food and a to be coddled. If I have a really good DD then I might get away with a .5lb gain on the week, if I am not really good then who knows. I am rubbish at dieting when I don't feel well. Help, someone give me a kick up the pants and a cuddle at the same time, if at all possible!

:wavey::grouphugg::hug99::party0019:

:thankyou: Just give me a minute to get the hugs & flowers sorted!

Hope you feel much better soon! You're doing wonderfully and even if there isn't a loss this week, there's been a loss the last 5 weeks & there'll be a loss next week! Chin up hon!
:whoopass: Edited to add the requested kick up the pants - sorry this was the closest I could get!:eek:
Love xxx

Don't believe the scales, they are worked by demons. This diet has so many fluctuations that there are bound to be times we feel cheated and non-achieving.

You need a special treat - snuggle up and watch an easy film, something light and silly, it will help you forget food and diets and everything else. Low cal blackcurrant drink made with hot water with a bit of lemon or mint to sharpen it, and some fruit slices for luxury. Mmm I'm drooling already. Then a lovely hot bath and early bed. Before you know it it will be morning, the scales will be heading down and an UD to look forwards to.

Ok yesterday turned into a total UD! Naughty Barb, however, got on scales this morning and after a week with only one proper DD.one ID and FIVE UD's, I have gained just .5lb!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so pleased, really thought I was going to have gained at least 3lbs but actually 2 down on yesterday!
So I am surprised and encouraged. I feel a bit better on the cold front and so will enjoy todays UD. I could do a DD but then that throws out my normal routine and I don't want to do that. I will make it a restrained Ud and then have a really brilliant DD tomorrow. Back in the swing and all systems go!

Hi Barb
I've not really been around lately, as you know, but I'm still following your progress with great interest. There are bound to be ripples on the water on ANY diet plan but ultimately, if the general result is a gentle downward slide then you're successfully addressing any weight loss issues. :)

I'm currently back to SSing (at least for a while). I need to shift some weight PDQ as I have hardly any clothes that fit. I wish I could stop these severe yo-yo tendancies of mine but until I stop using food as an emotional crutch (and that's one nut I seem unable to crack), I'll always have this battle with my fluctuating weight. Ho hum!

Anyway - keep up the fab work ... you're worth it ;)

Hi Debbie,

great to hear from you. Hope the SS clears some of the damage and that you will maybe then think about Juddding again, it certainly does work. It's not fast but it is doable(except for last week - woops!).

How is your Daughter's pregnancy going? Hope she is well and you are all looking forward to the patter of tiny feet.

Love

looks like the :whoopass: and :hug99: were taken care of, so just popping in to say am glad the scales were not too unkind to you. Hope your cold feels better soon mate

I posted just before you posted your weigh in result this week ... a fab result when you were expecting worse!

My daughter's pregnancy is going OK - although she's experiencing 'morning sickness' at all times of the day! :sign0137:

She had been SSing but that's not an option for her right now ... she just needs to eat healthily for her and the baby. I've started knitting something for the new arrival: I know it's ages away but I haven't knitted for decades and am a tad rusty! Besides, it keeps my fingers busy :)

Have a great UD!

Hiya Barb

Glad to hear the scales were kind, you're back on track again and that's brilliant. As already said, no diet plan ever goes smoothly and it's dealing with the difficult times and not throwing it all out the window that counts, which is exactly what you're doing.

I'm afraid to say I'm leaving the Juddding at the moment, it's not for me, I love the diet, but I love the Up days too much and I'm eating too much plain and simple. Back to calorie counting to shift those last few pounds.

All the best though and I will continue to watch your progress with great interest.

Jan
x

Hi Barb,

Really well done on taming the damage & only 1/2 lb will be off in no time. You've had a good food week & you've been ill. Now for a great new week.

Love xxx

Thanks Anja, yes that is how I feel really. Quite stunned by the minimal damage and ready for a really good week. Would love to knock a chunk of this week as am being a bit of a slow coach. Maybe 1.5lbs is poss, that would be great, or 2lbs which would take me into the 15s which would be FAB!
Had a good UD, not been naughty at all really and no wine, which lets face it, is unusual for me!
DD tomorrow and plan a ham salad for lunch, a tasty omlette for dinner and cherries and icecream for my evening treat! Sorted!
Love

DD today - totally up for it! Feel ready to move along a bit with this plan and see a lb or 2 off this week. Have no social plans that will muck up the next few weeks so should be able to do well. Interesting to see that Anja and I are neck and neck on the weight loss, I thought we were in tune but that is amazing.
Have a good day my fellow judddies.

LOVE

Hi Barb!

How did your DD go? I stuck to mine 701 cals, 11.6 fruit & veg and some exercise.

Love xxx

I stuck to it Anja, finished the day on 560 cals, so pretty good. However weigh exactly the same today and have to say I found it an absolute slog yesterday. was still thinking about food when I got to bed! Need to see some results to keep this going, the DDs are getting tougher if anything.

I'm in a rut too Barb, weight just going round the same routine and not heading down. I'm blaming it on totm, and hoping this is really the cause. It's a bit worrying that I go on holiday on Friday and I would hate to put back everything I've lost.

Maybe a bit more exercise would help me, and also changing to more proteins/less carbs. The problem is I rarely get a desire for a slice of chicken, it's always the biscuits which call me.

Back