Barb's Up and Down Diary

Hi Barb
Having sole sourced for so long, I can't really say I 'look forward' to the DDs but I can tolerate them. It's as if it's just what I have to do in order to 'earn' a day's normal eating :)

Penny - Barb and myself only started this diet on Monday so we won't have an 'official' weigh-in amount for another day or so but so far, my loss has fluctuated up and down between 6lb and 2lb between the UDs and DDS. I'm hoping for at least a 2lb overall loss by Monday.

Hi Penny, after 3 down and 2 up I am 3.75lbs down. Todays and UD and tomorrow a down, I hope to see at least an overall 3lbs off on Mondays weigh in!

I hear what your saying about DD's Debbie, I guess to be fair you have been putting up with an incredibly strict routine for a long time, for me it has novelty value. I also kind of like seeing just how far I can make 500 cals stretch. My favourite buy today? Mini milk ice lollies at 31 cals each - they are going to come in very handy when the munchies strike, also slim a soups chicken and mushroom at 59 cals and big toasted crispy slices to put marmite or whatever on at just 29cals each! Meal wise I found some lovely mini options in waitrose, a smoked haddock bake at 215, perfect for a main meal with a few low cal veggies and also a Roast chicken meal at under 200! So I am getting adventurous as you can see!

Think we will have a chinese tonight, I promise not to overdo it though! Isn't it great though, it's Saturday night, I am on a diet and I can have a chinese and not worry about it!

I'm loving this plan!!!

Did well last night, had chilli prawns, just prawns and chillies and spring onion, no real sauce but pretty fiery! Boiled rice, a few prawn crackers and 3 glasses of rose! Small bar of chocolate (145cals) and then off to bed. Just.5lb back on this morning so weeks losses standing at 3.25lbs. Today is DD so I expect to see an overall loss for the week between 3 -4lbs, which will be absolutely marvellous!

That is excellent Barb as that is my usual weekly loss when doing SS!!! Something has definitely started here!! :)

Thanks DIVA, YES IT IS EXCITING ISN'T IT? Can't quite believe that it is me talking about a plan for life and how I can stick to it without any real problems.

Long Live JUDDDERING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

End of a DD, it's been a good one, despite the rain outside! Had my M&S yorkshire thing, YUK! Ate half, left half and added the cals back in! Not going to waste precious cals eating something I don't like!
Looking forward to tomorrow, an UD and a weigh in after the first week. Really exciting!

Good luck to all the Juddders - we may have to have a roll call, I am losing track of just how many there are of us now!

Good luck with your week 1 weigh-in Barb! :)

Week one weigh in and a fanstastic 4lbs down!! So pleased, I was hoping for that but thought it would be more likely to be 3 so am really chuffed. UD today and I just feel so chilled out about the whole thing. Fab!

That is fantastic Barb....well done! :D

How easy was that???? Today is an UD for me and I can't wait to have smaller boobs!! :)

Mine are a little more obtrusive than yours!! :D

Any news from RD yet, Barb???

Morning Barb hun Wow 4 lbs u go girl and u have enjoyed eating the foods u have had it sounds like this diet is really the way forward for u.
Hope u have a good day take care and chat soon xx

If RD does not post soon, I am going to have to go round there and pull her out of bed. She really is a tinker, she knows we are all waiting holding our breath!

Come on RD, give us the news we are all waiting for.

4lb???? Wow Barb that is fantastic!! I was itching to see your thread this morning.

I've done my weigh-in ... results on my diary thread (just to spin it out a bit ;))

You're on an Upday today? Thought Mondays were DDs? I'm going to stick to the same UDs and DDs every week and make Sunday a 'whatever' day ...

Well done again!
:party0019:

Hiya RD....

I know I'm being nosey but I can't seem to find your diary thread...how did you do??

You're on an Upday today? Thought Mondays were DDs? I'm going to stick to the same UDs and DDs every week and make Sunday a 'whatever' day ...

Well done again!
:party0019:

Oh ok didnt think of it like that - I have worked it as stictly UD DD - so it seems my the days alternate week by week last saturday was an DD and next week sat will by an UD

Gonna check out your diary now ~!!!!

Yes, I must admit I have been alternating but am thinking that I may well do Mon, wed, fri and Sat up and tue, thur, and Sun Down. See how it goes.

How brilliant it is to have a choice. Further interesting point, just felt hungry so went and had a banana, not a biscuit (my usual choice) but a banana! I'm learning!lol.

Oh ok didnt think of it like that - I have worked it as stictly UD DD - so it seems my the days alternate week by week last saturday was an DD and next week sat will by an UD

Gonna check out your diary now ~!!!!

It's really very flexible Shazza :)

You can alternate the days or many people like to have 2 UDs in a row eg M, W, F as DDs and T, Th, Sat, Sun as UDs so they have their weekends free. Just don't do two DDs in a row. It doesn't seem to work well.

Two UDs in a row should still bring a loss but alternating them all brings a slightly but one. Depends how it fits with your lifestyle :)

Back