Barb's Up and Down Diary

I decided I would stick rigidly to alternative Up and Down Days for the first 2 weeks. Also sticking to less than 500 calories on Down days for 2 weeks. After that I may raise my down day calories and occasionally have 2 UpDays in a row probably at weekends. I'm a little concerned the DownDays may be trickier after 2 UpDays will be interesting to see how you all get on with that.

My last day of the first week and I can't wait to have completed 2 whole weeks really excited to get there as it feels like the next stage.

Dizzy x

It's really very flexible Shazza :)

You can alternate the days or many people like to have 2 UDs in a row eg M, W, F as DDs and T, Th, Sat, Sun as UDs so they have their weekends free. Just don't do two DDs in a row. It doesn't seem to work well.

Two UDs in a row should still bring a loss but alternating them all brings a slightly but one. Depends how it fits with your lifestyle :)

Cant get my head around why two DD's dont work as good as two UD's - do you have any ideas ?

I have a weekender Fri - Sun coming up soon and was thinking of doing 2 DD's to compenmsate for it.

The reason 2 DD's don't work is that on the 2nd one your body goes into starvation mode and you burn less cals. people who do 2 DDs in a row tend to gain a little. I don't need any more enocuargement than that to do one at a time. also the idea is not to feel deprived and I know that with 2 DDs i would!

Oooohhhh! Now that makes sense...thanks for clarifying that Barb!

Wow this diet has great results......a ggod one to think of doing when I get to goal......!
Who brought this onto the site...? Think I will have to read up on this.

Fabulous work Barb

The reason 2 DD's don't work is that on the 2nd one your body goes into starvation mode and you burn less cals. people who do 2 DDs in a row tend to gain a little. I don't need any more enocuargement than that to do one at a time. also the idea is not to feel deprived and I know that with 2 DDs i would!

thanks barb - yes makes sense now - instead of doing 2 DD - I with just lower the UD a little and then do 2 UD's - anyway its not until a month anyway - plenty can happen by that time

That's why I intend to do an 'intermediate day' of around 1000 cals on Sundays to lead me back to the beginning of the cycle with my DDs being Mon, Weds and Fri.

Thats a good plan RD, I might do the same, can't decide. Think I will see how this week goes and make my mind up after that. i just love the choices, I don't feel pressured. How is your hubby taking this change of plan? Mine is very enthusiastic, which helps an awful lot!

Steve is chuffed to bits - although he's supportive in whatever I do. He became used to eating meals whilst we were out with me just sitting nibbling a CD bar and sipping coffee - but he loved it when we both enjoyed lunch together yesterday and, for once, I was eating something that involved using a knife and fork!

Thats brilliant, I am so glad. Ken is always supportive but I don't know how well he would have coped with CD. He always hates it when I am dieting. Not that he moans, but he will try not to eat chocolate in front of me and feel guilty if he has wine. This plan is fantastic because normal behaviour is allowed. Eating with your husband is so normal, why should we be deprived?

Love

Hi Barb

Well done on the loss :D

That is great. Your attitude is fab, I think you have found the diet that suits you.

Keep up the good work

Frumpster.x.

THANKS! I feel the same way, I am really going to do this and so are all the other Juddders.It is just so exciting.

Looking forward to seeing all the results as they come in this week. RD and I have made a great start and I am sure everyone else will do well too!

Barb....your excitement is soooooo catching!!! :D Its great to be re-inspired like this....

Morning all Juddders ( and everyone else too of course!)

DD today and i still feel full of enthusiasm and excitement. This is unusual for me, more than a week into a new plan and it all starts to feel like a chore. This doesn't! Had a good UD, didn't go mad but enjoyed what I had, which included a steak and chips dinner last night and some wine! Today I am going to eat as sparsley as poss during the day and save those cals for dinner and evening, that really seems to work for me.

Good luck with your DD Barb. Looks like we've slipped into opposite days: it's my usual UD today because of the way I structure my weekend :)

Whatever ... we're still running alongside :bliss:

We certainly are and you being there is making such a difference. I really feel like we are in tune with each other, I have ever since we first 'met'. I reckon we are going to keep this going together right until the job is done and then we will maintain together.

It is so good to hear you sound positive again, you sound like the real Debbie again and it is lovely to know you are in the zone!

Love

Barb....your excitement is soooooo catching!!! :D Its great to be re-inspired like this....

It is isn't it! It fantastic to hear:cool:

Morning all Juddders ( and everyone else too of course!)

DD today and i still feel full of enthusiasm and excitement. This is unusual for me, more than a week into a new plan and it all starts to feel like a chore. This doesn't! Had a good UD, didn't go mad but enjoyed

This is brill. You sound like you are really doing this properly. So excited for you :)

Thanks Karion and Diva, I think I have got the hang of it too! It's just so nice to feel free!

Hi Barb - I've been reading your thread with interest. I've been falling off the SS wagon for so many times since Feb, and was going to give it one last try. I can SS for 2 - 3 days - then I end up over-eating. DD's should be OK as I can SS for those days, but must admit I'm worried about my UP's as I've been trying to diet for so long - I don't know what 'normal' eating anymore. Congrats on the 4lb lost, that's a great start to your new way of life. You sound so enthusiastic about the plan. Glad it's working for you.

Hi Chocvelvet,

give it a go! i am so glad I did, it is a revelation quite honestly! Reading your post you sound like EXACTLY the sort of person who would Juddder to a T! If you can be very good every other day then this diet is for you. 500 cals is low, but if you can SS then you can do it. on your Ud you will find that you don't want to pig out because you will enjoy your food normally because you are allowed to!
I really am enjoying it - me on a diet, enjoying it - WHAT!!!!!!!!!

Love

Back