Barb's Up and Down Diary

Well I have had a good day so far. Eaten well but not stuffed myself. Want to describe this incredible feeling of calm I have about food. Don't realy know how. It is like I have spent all my life as an adult worrying, what I am going to eat, is it good for me, do I like it, will it make me fat, might it make me thin......
Suddenly i am just not worried, it is like RD said it's structure and freedom at the same time. I can do this, I have permission to do it from myself! I realised today that the only times in my life that I have been happyish with my weight was when pregnant. How sad is that?
I also realised that this is the first 'proper' diet i have ever done. I have always just tried cal counting at home. So this is a first for me and it is a last. This is going to work for me and if it doesn't then I will stay fat because I am never going back to punishing myself the way I have for the last 30 years!

It's all about ME and I am not apologising for it - I deserve to suceed at this and with the support on here I am damn well going to!

Love, slightly emotionally, but happily

Barb for PM!! ;)

Gosh Thanks RD - you've made me blush!:D

You're off to a flying start!

Years back I read an interview with pop star Prince where he said he only ate 'every other day'. Since he is very slender and was even moreso, then, maybe this kind of diet really does work!

We're all riveted, waiting to see how you get on.

Day 3 and I feel good, I knew that I would - dooby dooby dooby do!

2lbs down after one down one up day and I am so ready for today.

I feel so fantastic, I just know I have found a plan for life. Went out for dinner last night and totally enjoyed it knowing that it was part of my plan and that today would be a down day and no problem at all.

It really is a whole new way of looking at eating and I feel liberated by it. Am going to try to eat very few of my 500 during the day and save a few more for the evening as I did find on day 1 I was seriously hungry too close to bedtime.

Wishing all JUDDDERS a flippin' brilliant day!

Love

Glad you had a good night out Barb ... I feel that this is what this diet is all about - learning to ENJOY food again within a structure and learning to dump the guilt that surrounds eating.

Have a great down day!

PS
I tried to reply to the email you sent me but my outlook express is playing up :)

Hello Ladies

I've never heard of this diet before and I have to say I find it fasinating, I will be watching your progress avidly.

Best of luck to all of you who are giving it a try.

Day 3 and I feel good, I knew that I would - dooby dooby dooby do!

2lbs down after one down one up day and I am so ready for today.

I feel so fantastic, I just know I have found a plan for life. Went out for dinner last night and totally enjoyed it knowing that it was part of my plan and that today would be a down day and no problem at all.

It really is a whole new way of looking at eating and I feel liberated by it. Am going to try to eat very few of my 500 during the day and save a few more for the evening as I did find on day 1 I was seriously hungry too close to bedtime.

Wishing all JUDDDERS a flippin' brilliant day!

Hi Barb

My first UpDay and enjoyed a yummy breakfast. It is so lovely to hear you continually positive. It seems to be giving us all a little lift that we so deserved.

Glad you are already seeing weightloss results as well as positive wellbeing results too.

Have you thought of getting some meal replacements for your DownDays? Much easier I think and also takes away any worries about being of such low calories.

Have a good day...I can tell you will already!

Dizzy x

Hi Dizzy, thanks for that. I have never been a fan of shakes etc.. and as I have always cal counted on diets it seems like 2nd nature. Also if I am having 500 cals I want food!! I have very good digital scales and weigh even the tiniest morsel to make sure I stick to the 500. I have got melon and celery and other very low cal foods to eat so I will be fine. I am just so excited! i am jumping up and down (well inside anyway). It's like you know when you want something and you haven't seen it yet but you could practically draw a picture of it? Well this is how I feel about this plan, I've always known that the day to day drudgery of a 'diet' is what gets me down and ultimately makes me drift off it. With this every day is different and the longest you ever have to wait for a craved food or drink is s day. Totally do-able!

Love

Hi Dizzy, thanks for that. I have never been a fan of shakes etc.. and as I have always cal counted on diets it seems like 2nd nature. Also if I am having 500 cals I want food!! I have very good digital scales and weigh even the tiniest morsel to make sure I stick to the 500. I have got melon and celery and other very low cal foods to eat so I will be fine. I am just so excited! i am jumping up and down (well inside anyway). It's like you know when you want something and you haven't seen it yet but you could practically draw a picture of it? Well this is how I feel about this plan, I've always known that the day to day drudgery of a 'diet' is what gets me down and ultimately makes me drift off it. With this every day is different and the longest you ever have to wait for a craved food or drink is s day. Totally do-able!

I guessed it was probably you didn't like the meal replacements. I love them and I find not having to have food like having a day off.

I will certainly be using the meal replacements for my down days for the forseeable future but maybe in time if I follow this plan indefinitely I may be able to do the down days with food.

Glad you are going to eat lots of low calorie foods today. I was a little bit worried you may end up only having one or two biccies and a couple of cups of tea.;)

Need to go and make plans for the rest of the day before it slips away entirely.:rolleyes:

Dizzy x

Now Dizzy, you are not saying I have a problem with biccies are you? ( god I do love 'em though)
By the way RD, you needn't worry about that dire email I sent the other night, everythings changed since then, has'nt it!

Love

Right just had a very healthy lunch of melon, pineapple and strawberries. 386 cals left for the rest of the day so not too bad. Definately need distracting though, feel quite hungry. Still it doesn't matter, it's only today and tomorrow I can have what I fancy. Which oddly is a smoked mackeral salad!!!!

I've just had a cranberry crunch bar and coffee for lunch Barb. YUM!

I'll take the dog for a walk along the Bay later then I plan to have a savoury drink (Knorr chicken stock powder - like chicken noodle soup minus the noodles!) followed by a Cambridge mousse - so yummy and loads of!

Then that'll be my down day over :)

How cool is this diet??

It is so cool it is what my teenagers would call 'immense'! I have NEVER felt like this. I've had the new diet enthusiasm before, of course, who hasn't? But this is totally different, I feel different already. I am so excited to think that i may have finally found a way of eating I can live with. Interestingly the postings on the traineo website(all 70+pages of them!)are incredibly positive. Most people seem to be losing between 6 - 14 lbs a month. That will do me. Also a lot of them have 2 up days in a row at the weekend but anyone who has done 2 down days in a row had gained! Just shows doesn't it - just for once more is less!!!!!

Love

This is so fascinating to me, thanks for posting all this.

Im sorely tempted to do this to shift the last half stone, am watching avidly to see how you are doing.

Well done all of you x

Try it Vicky, it may give you that last bit of help you need. you have done so fantastically and a change of plan at the end may just give your bod a little shove in the right direction!

Go on, be a Judderer, you know you want to!

Love

This is so fascinating to me, thanks for posting all this.

Im sorely tempted to do this to shift the last half stone, am watching avidly to see how you are doing.

Well done all of you x

Yes, it really is fascinating. This diet - and this thread - are taking the board by storm!

We're all looking forward to the weigh-ins, I think. The sheer optimism here blows you away.

Gosh thanks Girlygirl, I am glad you feel that way. We are all pretty excited about this, it feels radical and sensible at the same time which is a bit weird. I am on a down day today, so far I have had 114 cals. I went to the beach this afternoon to our fresh fish shop. I bought some shrimps and some prawns and just shelled them ready to go with a salad. I will even weight the lettuce, a first for me, but Dr Johnson does make the point that the down day cals are critical so I am determined to get it right!

Watch this space, I will weigh in the morning to see how it's going!

Love

Right seafood salad eaten - delicious and I still have some cals left for this evening, which is great. It's been a good day, I feel positive and happy. I made homemade beefburgers for my DH with chips and salad followed by homemade cheesecake. He playfully accompanied this with some red wine - was I bovvered? Do I look bovvered? No! And do you know why, it was because I thought, tomorrow if I want that I can have it! What a difference, instead of sitting eating my salad in full sulk mode I just thought 'this is ok. I can do this.'.

Yippeee I am so chuffed, even if the weight loss is slow or plateaus I know I can do this. I could not feel better!

Bring on the up day, I look forward to it but I also look forward to the down day, knowing that it is the combination that is going to do the trick!

Back