Barb's Up and Down Diary

Thanks Cheryl, had a really yummy Thai meal, bit hot, rather a lot of chillies but really lovely. Had to have an ice cream after as my mough was on fire!

Hopped on the scales to see the damage of a very indulgent UD and have stayed the same - wahooo! Really surprised. DD today amd plan to leave eating till as late as possible and do my salad lunch, omlette dinner and ice cream before bed! Very organised!
Hope all my Judddie Budddies are having a great day, whichever sort it is!

Well today i will be mostly having - Lettuce! no, I won't really. i am going to have a ham salad for lunch. then probably a mushroom omlette for dinner and some low cal ice cream for my evening treat. I really look forward to that. so far I have only had water. it definately works for me leaving eating till later. I was in the office at one of my nurseries this morning and one of the children brought in a box of gingerbread men and a box of caramel shortcakes - AHHHHHHHHHHHH Did I indulge? No i did not. But if I want one, I'll have one tomorrow. I love this diet!!!!!

A good day yesterday - ended up just 436 cals! UD today and feel calm and haven't stuffed myself - yet(joking)!
Had a bit if a disagreement with OH last night , would normally have sent me straight to the drinks cabinte, but no, i thought I'll be good and get absolutely slaughtered tomorrow instead. :eek:Hmmm, p'raps not, we are friends again now so I could just be a good girl anyway.
Can definately feel some Friday night sparkling wine coming on though!:D

Hope all my Judddies are ok today, all seem a bit quiet!

Hi Barb

Glad you got it all sorted without resorting to the drinks cabinet. You seem really settled into this now. It's great.

Is Debbie ok? I haven't seen her in a while.

Love

I think Debbie is having a really difficult time at the moment with family stuff and is just too stretched to get on here much.

Hi Barb

Hope it is going well for you. Almost three weeks now and I was reading that three weeks is the peak for mood/energy levels. So I'm wondering if it may feel a little tougher for us soon.

I guess keeping eyes on the ball, sticking to rules and not having too high expectations will be our best way forward.:D

Dizzy x

Yes, there speaks the voice of reason! I have done well this week but admit that I find the up and down of the weight loss a little tricky. i am keen to keep Monday's weigh in as the only official one and wish I would stay off the scales in between. I have stayed the same these last 4 days, which is odd as I have had 2 UD and 2DD in that time, however so long as I am 1lb down on Monday I shall not complain. This is not a plan for folk who want to lose weight fast, it is much more about gradual loss and re-education of eating habits.

I have felt super positive right up till the last couple of days when my OH and I had a disagreement and although I haven't waivered diet wise it has affected my mood, which until then had been great! We are Ok again now, but it always takes me a day or two to get over if we fall out, we ahve been married nearly 29 years and still love each other to bits so if we do argue it really upsets us both.

Anyway, all ok now, so full steam ahead. On my 2nd UD today, DD tomorrow and hopefully lb or 2 off Monday morning.

Love

Hi Barb

Glad you two are alright again now!

My weight loss stayed the same for several days too. It was strange as it was the same at night as next morning. I knew it had to be water retention then as I am always less in the morning always. I put it down to the fact that I have exercised a lot and am a bit sore + not drinking enough water. I've had a gain now after a poor UpDay but hope that I will still have a overall loss this week.

Fingers crossed for us both.

Dizzy x

Well 2 UD's in a row and 1lb back on, not at all surprised and still hopefull that with a good DD today I will see 1.5-2lbs down on tomorrows weigh in.
I over indluged a bit last night, we sat in our garden from 6pm till 9.30pm, drinking tropical fruit cocktails! It was lovely, so relaxing, but 3 bottles of sparkling wine later, we realised we had better eat something! Too tiddly to go and get something and definately too tiddly to cook, we did the only thing posssible, ordered a curry to be delivered! So, 10pm last night, tucking into Prawn masalla and boiled rice! Very healthy, I don't think! Anyway, feel a bit 'jaded' this morning, serves me right!

Looking forward to a very restrained DD today - just what I need.
Still loving this diet though - just think if this wasn't a DD, I would be hell bent on not doeting and woukd be tucking into tea and biscuits and all sorts of other naughty stuff. This is why the diet works, the UD's give you the freedom and the DD's the control.
Exactly 3 weeks tomorrow since I started it and I feel it is the best thing I could have done.

Wishing all my Juddddie Budddies a good day.

So, 10pm last night, tucking into Prawn masalla and boiled rice! Very healthy, I don't think! Anyway, feel a bit 'jaded' this morning, serves me right!

Nice though. Lovely to do things on the spur of the moment.:)

hope your DD is successful & you achieve the weight loss you want tommorrow
xx:)

Well TBH it's been an absolute struggle today.For the 1st time I have contemplated eating whatever, despite it being a DD. However, I didn't, so far I have had 407 cals and intend to finish the day on some skinny cow ice cream. I ate a small chicken kebab(98cals) and some salad whilst those around me ate steak, kebabs, garlic bread, buttered new potatoes, mayo ...... you get the picture! It was hard, I wanted to stamp my feet, sulk and generally misbehave. I didn't.

So, no pressure then, but tomorrows weighn in had better reward me, I really need it to!

i'm sure you will be rewarded for your determination & grace. I applaude you for mot throwing a paddy ;).
although currently a Saturday is a DD 4 me i know that on the 25th we are having a BBQ for hubby's b'day & then next month my b'day, which has 2 celebrations, both on usual DD's so i will be doing some moving around days to accomodate.
looking forward to seeing your results tommorrow
xx:)

Well finished my DD on 530 cals so very pleased with myself.
Today shows a loss for the week of 1.25lb. First of all i was disappointed, found myself saying ' god, is that all after a week of dieting', then I thought, hang on, it hasn't been a week, has it? I've only actually dieted for 3 days, the other days I had what i liked. Viewed in that way, 1.25lbs is pretty good, so I am happy!

Well done Barb. You're right it is fab for 3 days of dieting. You should also be very proud of yourself for completing 21 days without a blip.

1/2 stone gone in 3 weeks of fun! Can't be bad.

I'll feel more positive this morning and hope to get myself back on track today. Wish me luck!

Enjoy your UpDay today.

Dizzy x

I do wish you luck Dizzy, I know you can do this. I am pleased with myself, I came really close to slipping last night and I bet if I did I would have lost nothing for the week or even gained. So I am very pleased. Even at 1.25lbs a week I will be down 5lbs a month- that will suit me nicely. hope to do better this week but if I am destined to be slow then so be it.

Have a good day Judddie budddies,

Love

I think that 1.25lbs is great. Lets face it thats just over 5lbs per month and is 65 lbs a year. Thats 4 stone 9lbs still being able to eat well half of the time!!! Not bad I say!!:D

Well done :party0011:

Snap!!!! - didnt see the previous post - was typing mine at the same time!! Glad you came to the same conclusion!!!!:)

Back