1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Bars and wind! Sorry if TMI LOL

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by minxie, 1 July 2009 Social URL.

1. minxie

minxie One day at a time!

This is week 3 for me and I've introduced the bars. Yesterday I had the peanut crunch one which was fine. Today I had the cranberry one for lunch which was delicious, however I've had awful trapped wind all afternoon - something that I've not had since being on CD. Does this happen to anyone else? Does it improve? I'd hate to have to give up the bars as they make a nice change. :(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. JessR

JessR Well-Known Member

Oh dear Minxie LOL! Sorry have no real good advice I'm afraid - just hope that you sort this problem out very soon (especially before our next shift.

Actually, I know that when I had the bars last time, I used to cut them up into really small peices and eat them over the course of the afternoon rather than in 1 meal - iykwim. Make sure you drink extra water too.

4. kelsocool

kelsocool Speaks as she finds

I am the unofficial peanut bar tester :)
    I went against all advice (as i often do....bit of a rebel Lol) and used to eat one a day which was fine, then because i loved them i was cocky and tried two which made me fart like a trooper ALL day!!! Then i pushed it once more and three.......MY GOD i couldnt move because of the cramps and trapped wind in my stomach!!!! So the bottom line here is stick to the advice........DONT EAT MORE THAN 1 A DAY and dont forget the extra water!!! :)

5. minxie

LOL - don't tell anyone at work!! I might have to give them up if this continues as it's jolly uncomfortable.

How are you doing today? Is your knee any better?

6. JessR

JessR Well-Known Member

I wonder if peppermint water is allowed on SS?

My knee is still very stiff but the swelling is starting to go down slightly. I want it to be better very soon as next week I may need to get into all sorts of positions - lol! I'm having my 2nd WI tomorrow - fingers crossed that my birthday didn't damage it too much :-(

7. minxie

Good luck with your WI - let us know how it goes:)

8. MissPinky

MissPinky Shrinky Pinky!

Windeze capsules: 1 bar + 1 capsule (+ additional water) = socially acceptable CDer!

9. minibum

minibum Well-Known Member

It's funny I hadn't thought about them causing trapped wind but now you mention it I had really bad cramps last week with them and they haven't been as bad over the last couple of days when I ran out! Mmm will have to keep on eye on it -like you I really like the bars too! Maybe we need to drink more water with them.

10. boardwitless

boardwitless Well-Known Member

I'm having 2 a day with no side effects - I do nibble them though and make them last for ages

11. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Well-Known Member

I find that the smooth bars cause less problem. The worst is the cranberry so I've stopped them. I have 1 orange bar each evening when I get home and I've recently enjoyed the chocolate bar as well.