Bars .. did everyone wait ?

HIya , I am on day 4 , most definately in ketosis ( breath stinks and checked ketostick ) and had a nightmare day with my hubbie in A& E . I had my 2nd shake at 6 pm as usual , but only just got home at 3.30 am .. I was starvng at the hospital but resisted having anything , but just got home and just didnt want as shake so had a bar left over from my last CD journey ...

It got me thinking ... does it really make a huge difference if you start having bars before week 3 ? has anyone started them sooner with good results etc ?? I dont plan on having any more for a week or so but just interested to see if it really is impotant to wait so long

I had bars on my first week , almost 1 a day , had a result of 9 loss .
Just have one a day , the body works in funny ways , some people hold on to weight one week then next have a great loss , then they go putting it down to the bars ...
think I will have a low loss this week and I ran out of bars 2 days ago and won't get any now till Monday ... see what I mean

I had bars from week 2,and 1 a day, I had great weight losses. This time am waiting until the start of week 2 again,but it's killing me. I love being able to chew on something and usually have one for breakfast as a much needed quick fix to wake me up.
I am sure you will be fine,and if they really do make a difference then just think damage limitation-A and E on a Friday night is not a nice place to be,you were tired and with your husband so no doubt energy levels were low and emotions were high,yet you didn't cave in and run to the vending machines for comfort-good on you hun!
I also don't get too hung up on ketosis,as this is such a low calorie diet that I believe it is that very fact that helps us lose the weight so quickly,but the ketosis stops us from feeling hungry and breaking the vlcd
Well done x

Last edited:
I hope you and your OH are okay.

I had them from day 1 and it had no effect on my losses. :)

The rule is really down to it being harder for a small percentage of people to get in to ketosis.

Back