Bars vs Shakes

BREN

destination .... SLIMSVILLE!
Hi all,
I am going to start this morning and was wondering about the bars??

Heard stories like your losses aren't that good with the bars?
Any tips Bren
X

I stay away from them coz I can't just stop at one and more than one gives me the farts (was trying to think of a polite way to put it but there really isn't one)

I think the losses depend on the person. One of my CD mates swears that they don't affect her losses, another one says there is a little slow down but they keep her on the straight and narrow and says that is more important to her in the "great scheme of things"

xx

I think the losses are the same. I personally hate the bars as I feel hungry after eating them so I will stick to the shakes and porridge.

Much love

Thembie

Some people do have that need for another straight after - whether it's psychological or not I'm not sure.

I cut my bars up into little pieces, pop them in freezer bags and put them in the freezer - then each night I have a bag of Cambridge revels!

Make sure you always have a drink with each bar - as you'd have made your shake or soup with 250ml of water.

THANKS everyone!!

I just had my first shake - strawberry .... yummmmmm

I'm on 790plan which is the same as 810 in the UK. 3 CD products and a meal with vege and I think milk but not sure?? Will have to go back and read the booklet.

I think I will stay on this plan until I reach 68/69 kilos. I told the CDC not to tell me my weight until then but she did mention that I had a BMI of over 26 so a little heavier than I thought, reckon I'm about 75/76 kilos much more than I thought.....

Anyway not going to think about that. She also mentioned that if I wanted to on some days I could skip the meal. We only decided on that plan because of my lifestyle so the days when nothing is on I can skip the meal and just stick to CD products.

CDC also said I could be done and dusted in 6 weeks with the loosing part and onto maintenence!

Bren
X

EXCITED AND NERVOUS THOUGH

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:DYay I've made it half way through the first day and had so far strawberry & banana shakes, yum.

Banana didn't disolve very well and my shaker leaks I think. When I'm at home though I will use a hand blender.

Just having a coffee (decaf) and a toffee bar (double yum!). God am I jumping the gun on the first day but really feeling confident about loosing this last 10kilos(I think theres 10?) and enjoying Xmas and Summer:D:D:D:D:D.

Tonight we are off to see a band and out for dinner;

Sparkling mineral all night and fish and green salad.
Bren
X

Hello and welcome to the cambridge diet!

I personally love the bars and I have them with 2-3 pints of water very morning and they really do keep me filled too lunchtime - in no way do they heed your weightloss, i think there a fantastic product.

I mix all my shakes with a handblender, didnt even bother buying a shaker and they come out beautiful!

Thanks.

Shaker was free and I was out at the time so no other choice. I only have 4 bars to last the week, well 3 now....

Tomorrow will be shakes and a soup.

I find the bars make me feel a bit hungry , but dont try taking them off me I love em!! what I dont do is have them for brekkie, I have a shake in 2 halves at work and sometimes a half packet of soup, and then I have my bar as a treat when I get home, first half about 5pm and then if I can hold out then the over half at 6-7 oclock, with half packets of shake of soup through out the evening, it works for me. I think I am very sensitive to carbs as the only time I had a bar for breakfast I was hungry all day, and not very happy. I now find a bar of an evening is perfect!

Ta Angie

I'm on 790 so can have a meal. Thinking tomorrow of trying a shake for breakie, 1/2 near lunch, half after lunch a soup in the arvo, 1/2 a shake and then dinner and then 1/2 shake after dinner.

Bren

I think the bars are good to use as a treat, like in the arvo or evening with a cuppa.

X

I had the potato and leek soup and thought OK but no very tasty!

Cranberry bar was also good today and the vanilla shake too.

Tomorrow thinking

b- shake
lunch - vege soup
as - shake
dinner - fish and vege

Back