Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Bars

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Millie82, 23 November 2011 Social URL.

1. Millie82

Millie82 Member

How do you lot find the bars? A few people in my group who have been doing LL for longer than me said they find having a bar a day slows down their weight loss, do others find this? I am only beginning week 3 and I have to say I think as a previous binge eater I am starting to realise the sugar, junk food type feel to the bars brings the binger out in me so I may have to cut them out :( What are other peoples experiences with bars? xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Spanglymum

Spanglymum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    107.27kg
    Current Weight:
    101.83kg
    Goal Weight:
    69.85kg
    Lost(%):
    5.4kg(5.07%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I didn't find they slowed down my weight loss, though I can identify with what you're saying about them being potential triggers. I definitely got the munchies about an hour after a bar unless I had LOADS of water. I wondered about not having them as they're optional, but I liked them too much not to. I'm sure I posted on here on exactly that point actually - worrying that I liked them too much! I was trying to take a balanced view and see the food packs very neutrally, but bars were a borderline issue for me. How about cutting them out for a couple of weeks and see if that's easier for you?

4. emz449

emz449 Full Member

Personally I tried to stay away from the bars as I found them too nice in a way, especially the cranberry one! I lost mostly 5lbs a week regardless though :)

5. UmmZakaria

UmmZakaria Full Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Exante
    I dont find they affect my weight loss in the slightest. They got me through Total to be honest, nut fudge bars are awesome and I still plan to have one most days in maintenance. Nom! Lol. I do agree about them being a trigger potentially but I find that they stop me reaching for something "naughty" x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

6. lozzer58

lozzer58 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slim and save
    Hi , I only buy a couple of bars a week, i find them useful if i am out and about , so easy to slip into your bag and avoids being caught out and being tempted to eat something i shouldnt. They are limited to one a day for a reason so as long as you stick to the rules i wouldnt think it would slow down your weight loss.

7. Millie82

Millie82 Member

Ok, I may just get 2 next week, see if I can cope with that, if not try none for a few weeks. They are yum!! Plus I suppose I will at some point need to get used to yummy things without over doing it x

8. CornishPixie

CornishPixie Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.67%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Hi millie, i understand exactly where you are coming from. If you find you cant control it, then i used to have one bar after the class as my "weigh-in" treat? I would have it in the class as my dinner. I am back to lose the remaining 3 stone, so hopefully once I have shed a stone I'll be back to having a bar again once a week - cant wait! xx

9. nzmegs

nzmegs Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(13.32%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    LL
    I limit myself to 4 each week and I have to admit that on the days I have them I am hungrier than normal. the liquid content of a shake or soup makes it much more filling. Last week i had four and still lost 5 pounds. I wouldn't have any more than that though.

You could try cutting them up into quarters and nibbling it over the course of the day. this works for me sometimes. other days i just wolf it down.

10. Andyspurs

Andyspurs Montyspurs

Diet:
    Lighterlife
    I had 2 bars every day whilst I done LL and it never effected me I found them so handy with my work and my LL councillor said it was fine

11. jaqui62

jaqui62 Member

I thought we could only have one a day! i love the peanut cluster and the cranberry, i have these for breakfast on the run they really work for me.

Merry Christmas to everyone,
    jaqui x

12. possum

possum Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    8st4lb(45.49%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I never found that they slowed down weight loss and had 10 or 12 a week for months, sometimes 14 - so frequently 2 a day. I think if they trigger you and that causes you to eat something, then yes that could slow down your loss, but otherwise I think it's a complete myth.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.