• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Basal Metabolic Rate - Please help!!

Hi all, im after some help if possible.

I have been on a number of websites to try and work out my basal metabolic rate, so i can workout myself how many calories i need to lower to lose weight. All id like to do is lose 2lbs a week max and it seems that some websites say i have to lower my calories to about 1300 to lose even a lb then others say i have to eat 1600 and ill stil lose weight.

How do you lovely people work out your BMR and which is one the most reliable? I was eating 1,300 and i lost 3lbs, then the next week i stuck to that amount of calories and i put back on the 3lbs i lost back on again, and now my weight wont shift.

ive had a slight problem that if i go down to 1200 i go light headed and feel like im going to pass out which i have done before, and i dont have enough energy to even do exercise. All im after really to get down to 12 stone exactley or even 11 stone 13 and then see how i can maintain the rest.

Please help, its all confusing.
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Most people on here use My Fitness Pal.

There is a lot of variation on the BMR on the websites, I find MFP is rather low on the net calories as it is fitness based.

Boots diet site seems reasonably accurate.

I use the Scottish Slimmers system and on their plan for your current weight you would be eating 1325 cals/day.

It is sometimes down to the types of foods you spend your calories on rather than the amount you are eating.

A rough guide for maintenance is approx. 25 cals per kg of body weight.

Slimming down the aisle
Thankyou Tranquility -

That would explain a lot, as i use my fitness pal app to log my calories on. I may check out the scottish slimmers website.

ive done the calculations and if i was to lose 2lbs a week, id have to eat 1206 calories, so think i may have to aim to lose 1lb a week instead. :(