Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Basal Metabolic Rate - Please help!!

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by rugbykirsty87, 21 August 2011 Social URL.

1. rugbykirsty87

rugbykirsty87 Never Give Up

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st13lb(29.61%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers & Happiness
    Hi all, im after some help if possible.

I have been on a number of websites to try and work out my basal metabolic rate, so i can workout myself how many calories i need to lower to lose weight. All id like to do is lose 2lbs a week max and it seems that some websites say i have to lower my calories to about 1300 to lose even a lb then others say i have to eat 1600 and ill stil lose weight.

How do you lovely people work out your BMR and which is one the most reliable? I was eating 1,300 and i lost 3lbs, then the next week i stuck to that amount of calories and i put back on the 3lbs i lost back on again, and now my weight wont shift.

ive had a slight problem that if i go down to 1200 i go light headed and feel like im going to pass out which i have done before, and i dont have enough energy to even do exercise. All im after really to get down to 12 stone exactley or even 11 stone 13 and then see how i can maintain the rest.

Please help, its all confusing.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. tranquility

tranquility Gold Member

Start Weight:
    362lb
    Current Weight:
    292.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    170lb
    Lost(%):
    69.2lb(19.12%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting, controlled carbs, good nutrition and Slimpods.
    Most people on here use My Fitness Pal.

There is a lot of variation on the BMR on the websites, I find MFP is rather low on the net calories as it is fitness based.

Boots diet site seems reasonably accurate.

I use the Scottish Slimmers system and on their plan for your current weight you would be eating 1325 cals/day.

It is sometimes down to the types of foods you spend your calories on rather than the amount you are eating.

A rough guide for maintenance is approx. 25 cals per kg of body weight.

4. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
  5. rugbykirsty87

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st13lb(29.61%)
    Diet:
    Thankyou Tranquility -

That would explain a lot, as i use my fitness pal app to log my calories on. I may check out the scottish slimmers website.

xx

6. rugbykirsty87

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st13lb(29.61%)
    Diet:
    ive done the calculations and if i was to lose 2lbs a week, id have to eat 1206 calories, so think i may have to aim to lose 1lb a week instead. :(

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.