Batch Cooking works a treat!

biggirl86

Postaholic/lurker!
Well, I have tried WW but I didn't get on with it very well. I've decided to Slimming World because it looks amazing. I have the books, and it makes it really easy to decide what I am going to eat.
Me and the OH got engaged last week so this is prompting me to lose the weight. We're not going to get married until 2010 for exactly this reason! I want to get down to my goal weight next year and then maintain it for a while before the wedding. I really hope I can do this as everytime I look at myself I am disappointed with the weight I have gained.
On the bright side, I was a size 10-12 only 2 years ago so hopefully that means I can get back down to that (or somewhere near that).
I'd love to hear from people who have ideas for something to eat when you can't be bothered to prepare a full on meal.
Thanks in advance for all of your support!:)

Hi Biggirl86 and welcome, you will get loads of help and advice on here, check out the sticky at the top for recipes and stuff, youv'e got a lovely goal to keep you on the straight and narrow. xxx

Hi, theres some really good recipes and ideas in the sticky at the top, i tried ww to but found it impossible to stick to, haven't been doing sw for long but really enjoying it so far! Congratulations on your engagement...a wedding what great motivation that will be, goodluck with the weightloss xx

Eeh, good luck! :) This website is brill for finding new recipes and asking questions etc.

Hello and welcome along, I am sure you will find everyone really friendly and helpful. I am on my third day and everyone is so supportive. Good Luck.

Good luck on your weight loss journey. Hope you reach ur target b4 the big day. Congrats on the engagement.

Good on you for joining Slimming World and congratulations on your engagement!

I started SW nearly 3 weeks ago so I'm still new to the plan.

Good luck

hiya hun
i have tried ww 5 times! and most i ever lost was 16lb!!!!!

been on sw for 17 weeks and am 0.5lb off 2.5st!!! so i think this plan works for me!!!

bless my hubby said last night that he won't ever refer to SW plan as a diet he calls it my adventure!!!!
i really don't see it as a diet, i see it as a way of life
well done for joining and good luck on your adventure hun
xxxx

hiya hun
i have tried ww 5 times! and most i ever lost was 16lb!!!!!

been on sw for 17 weeks and am 0.5lb off 2.5st!!! so i think this plan works for me!!!

bless my hubby said last night that he won't ever refer to SW plan as a diet he calls it my adventure!!!!
i really don't see it as a diet, i see it as a way of life
well done for joining and good luck on your adventure hun
xxxx

bravo....:D:D:D

congrats on your engagement! EVERYONE seems to be getting engaged recently! lol. good luck with sw if you need a hand were all here to help

Well Done for joining - hardest bit done!

Congrats on engagement!

Thats the same goal as me - Im getting married in Feb 2010.. Im half way to where I want to be..

SHout if need help - we will all certainly try! lol

Good Luck
x

welcome on baord, congrats on the engagement, I got engaged in August, but dont wanna marry til am at goal! xxx

:welcome: to the forum and good luck for your wedding!

Woo hoo!!

I weighed myself today (I'm doing SW from home) and I have lost 7lbs!!
I'm sooo happy with that. It doesn't even feel like I am on a diet, I just have to think a little more carefully about what to eat. The food is great and even my OH likes it! I find that I can pretty much have the same thing as before but just changing a few key ingredients.
I know that on your first week it is a big loss but I was expecting this. As I said, I don't even feel like I was on a diet.
I actually did W8 (VLCD) for a week and lost 7lbs! Why did I even bother starving myself for that diet when I can have pretty much whatever I want with SW.
I'm soo prooud of myself.
Thanks everyone for all of the advice!

Back