Batchelors savoury rice and pasta n sauce

kimy27

I know that these are free on extra easy but was wondering if it is ok to have the full packet for lunch or if I should half the packet so I can put a third super free on my plate?

You need to have a third superfree whether you eat a whole or a half packet. So, the question really is how much can you eat before you're comfortably full? If that's a full pack and then some superfree then fine! Otherwise work out how much you can eat and stick to that with your superfree included.

Hope that makes sense!

If you're doing EE you should be i) having 1/3 superfree with every meal (to limit the amount of non-superfree stuff you eat) ii) eating only til youre not hungry anymore - not just eating for the sake of it/because it's there.

Its perfectly fine to have a whole packet if thats what you need to fill you up, but DONT eat it all "just because its there".

If you dont need to eat all the packet then just cook half, eat it with superfree and save the other half pack for another day. :)

If it was me I'd probably cook a big batch of two or three things up that would go with it, keep them in the freezer and take one to work each day, eg tomato based sauces/minces, veggie curries, mexican style or whatever. Just whatever you would normally want to eatwith ruce really.

Or you could just have it with plain veggies (cook them the night before and zap them).
Or with a salad and baby veg (snap peas, baby corn, pomodorinos, mange tout etc). (Salad does NOT have to mean lettuce... :rolleyes: :D )
Or just have a few bits of fruit with your lunch.

Just decide what you would normally want to eat with rice and get plenty ready in advance if that requires preparation, then you only have to do it once. :)

i dont think a full one fills me up without the superfree. i like the cheese and broccoli one (i think it might be 1 syn). the broccoli is so small u cant even see it so i do a load of extra broccoli and have it with it. :)

kimy27 said:
Thanks :) Can anyone suggest a super free food that would go with the rice or pasta?

I have mine cold for work as we don't have a mic. So I add chopped cherry tomatoes, cucumber and sliced pepper :) I just make sure I have at least half my lunch as super free!!

Then if I am still hungry I'll fill up on fruit all day xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have mine cold for work as we don't have a mic. So I add chopped cherry tomatoes, cucumber and sliced pepper :) I just make sure I have at least half my lunch as super free!!

Then if I am still hungry I'll fill up on fruit all day xx

Oh thanks. Cherry tomatoes and cucumber are a good idea. Do you eat the full packet for lunch or just half?

I'm a pig so I have a whole pack, a hardboiled egg and a whole jar of pickled beetroot, however I don't have it often, and mostly on green days.

You could cook the whole pack, have half and have the other the next day with a tin of sardines with red onion, cucumber, cherry toms, pepper, a whole box of cress all mixed together the tomato sauce should be enough to moisten it. Lovely salad!

Or I have heard you can add egg and make rice patties and fry them? I've not tried it.

kimy27 said:
Oh thanks. Cherry tomatoes and cucumber are a good idea. Do you eat the full packet for lunch or just half?

I had a full packet today *piglet* I feel very full!! :(

Yesterday I only had half.

Xxx

Rice patties shirleen... Hmm might try that next time.

I like the idea of making it into a salad with a hard boiled egg.. Would be great for packed lunches..

Love this site- always learn something new everyday :)

only just discovered the savoury rices , arnt they fab !

this evening I have made my lunches for the next two days .
cold mild curry savoury rice , cucumber green pepper , toms and hard boiled eggs. the superfree really bulks it out so I get two meals out of one packet :)

tasty too, nice change to ryvita

xx

I will have these maybe once a week and incorporate them into an evening meal. I know they are free but if I eat them too often I see a negative affect on my weight loss. I'm not much good with carbs, they bloat me loads and it has also been suggested (not sure how true it is though) that the salt content can encourage the body to hold onto water. Ermintrude may be able to make sense of that, or completely pooh-pooh it if it's rubbish!

In terms of adding veg, I like to buy the frozen steam-fresh bags (Birdseye or supermarkets own) and stir the veg into it. They are really easy, especially for work. Also, most supermarkets do fresh pre-prepared veg packs that are in micro-safe bags, you could try them if you don't like frozen stuff.

Will have the salad idea as lunch tomorrow.. And try the rice patties too.. I know this may sound like a weird combination but I'm gonna try it and see what it tastes like..

Make some savoury rice.. Mix some eggs, quark, seasoning and some cheese and pour over the rice and cook it in the oven.. Just like the sw quiche.. Add some veg in it too...

We had rice last night. Used it to stuff peppers. Mixed tomato, cucumber and spring onion with the rice and filled up the middle of the peppers. Cooked for 15 mins - lovely :)

I made a packet of bachelors savoury rice and mixed it with sautéed red onions and mushroom, hard boiled eggs and cooked salmon... Delicious!!!

ermintrude said:
If it was me I'd probably cook a big batch of two or three things up that would go with it, keep them in the freezer and take one to work each day, eg tomato based sauces/minces, veggie curries, mexican style or whatever. Just whatever you would normally want to eatwith ruce really.

Or you could just have it with plain veggies (cook them the night before and zap them).
Or with a salad and baby veg (snap peas, baby corn, pomodorinos, mange tout etc). (Salad does NOT have to mean lettuce... :rolleyes: :D )
Or just have a few bits of fruit with your lunch.

Just decide what you would normally want to eat with rice and get plenty ready in advance if that requires preparation, then you only have to do it once. :)

Great reply ermintrude I don't think I am alwaysxhaving my third superfree with each meal being new

Back