Battery Powered Blender?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by lufinn, 2 July 2007 Social URL.

1. lufinn

lufinn Member

I'm off camping next week and since camping food isn't exactly gourmet food I've decided to carry on with CD as much as I can (I'm on 790).
    I'm not crazy about the tetras and so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend any kind of battery-powered device to make my shakes? I like most of my shakes hot and quite frothy.
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. I will do it this time!

I will do it this time! Full Member

I'm doing it the cambrige way!
    Hi Don't know of a blender, but I sued to have a little battery whizzy thing, I used to use it to make my hot chocolate and it stopped the lumps.
    I don't know the name buit know they sell them in Ikea...
    Maybe someone will come up with something different?
  4. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Mines an aerolatte, you can get them off ebay, and in department stores, I thought it was ace!!!
  5. lufinn

lufinn Member

Thanks for the replies.
    I've ordered one of these from Ebay:
    Hopefully it will do the trick:)

LAINEY Cambridge Diet Counsellor

I've managed to find a slim battery operated whisk, called Funky Frother!! I got my lot (cleared the whole shelf out!!!) from House of Fraser kitchen ware department. Cost around £2 each - bargain! Take AA batteries. It's about the size of bat.op toothbrush if that helps to visualise! Sold the lot to clients who have blender-free days/jobs. Problem is, H.of.F can't get them in stock quick enough for me at the mo - they're having a refurb - very inconvienent!!! Good luck - enjoy your camping trip! The mug you've ordered looks ideal! May have to try that out methinks!!
  7. Kath

Kath Water water everywhere

Cambridge Diet
    My husband used to use one of those for work :) You do get the odd lump in it he said but it was better than he expected
  8. lufinn

lufinn Member

That's good to hear kath - thanks. i don't mind the odd lump.

Only problem is that it didn't arrive in time for my holiday (in fact it still hasn't arrived!)
  9. Kath

Cambridge Diet
    Oh no what a shame! What did you do?
  10. lufinn

lufinn Member

But I'm back on track today. I decided SS is needed for a week anyway to get back on track (I had been doing 790). I seem to have only put on 2lbs which is not bad considering......
  11. Kath

Cambridge Diet
    I think just a 2lb gain is brilliant :) and being back on track is fantastic :)

Go for it, you will do it :) Need any help give me a shout :)
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.