Bec1976

sarahlou

Hi Bec,

I went on a hen weekend to Dublin the weekend just gone. I was with 20 other girls, some I knew really well others a bit and some not at all.

(I have done my 100 days and lost 3 stone 10lbs to date, still going)

It would have been impossible and also rather ackward and embarassing for me and others if I had stuck to the plan religiously all weekend.

I had a shake for breakfast and a bar for lunch, didnt drink during the day and for the evening meals which were a big deal for every one concerned I ate fish and salad and drank G & T's I did not have an adverse effect from drinking and only but on 2.5lbs.

Monday morning straight back on the diet without any problems, no headaches or anything and already lost.

I would not say that it is good to break your diet but for one off occasions that you are never going to experience again it is a tough decision and you need to do what is right for you.

I was not going to go originally but had a great time and my friend really appreciated me going.

The eating this weekend was not a slip up because my motivation went I had thought about it long and hard and it was what I call a planned eating. I knew I was going to eat and what I was going to eat even got the menus before hand so nothing was a surprise.

I was really disappointed to read that whilst breaking the diet should not be encouraged that people on this website were not more understanding, everyone is terribly kind if a person slips up and eats because their will power has failed but not because you wanted advise and the best way to go about minimising the damage.

Sorry for the rant but wanted to explain what I had done, untimately the choice is yours to make and you need to make the right one for you.

Hi Sarahlou,

At last, somebody who understands my dilema!! Thankyou very much for your time to give me advise. Very much appreciated!

I will let you know how it goes xxx

Back