Discover Becky and Arline's Diary!

I didn't realise cream eggs were 3.5 points......I love them!!

Arline I have not been very good either, the stress of the kitchen is starting to get to me now!!

OK guys I'm going to try to eat healthily for the next few days and see what weigh in says on Sunday and then start again, so might not be back til then, we'll see!! xx

Oh and I completely forgot to mention that I bought a pair of size 12 jeans from Sainsbury's yesterday YIPPEE!! Got them on now and they're such a nice fit! I thought I would try size 12 as my 14's were being held up by my belt and were getting very loose!

OK so I faced Weigh in this moring and I'd gained 2.5lbs eek! I'm sure it'll come back off again in a few days as it's time of the month as well :0( But in the mean time I'm on plan again as of today as I've got my kitchen back yay!!

Breakfast -
Blueberries with a Vanilla Mullerlight yog (2) it's usually another half a point but DS helped me eat it!

Lunch-
Sainsbury's frozen beef in gravy with cauli, broc, carrots, peas and sweetcorn (2.5)

005.jpg

Swizzles Double lolly (0.5)
2 clementines (0.5)
Seabrook prawn cocktail crisps (2.5)
Swizzles double lolly (0.5)

Dinner-
Sage and onion Turkey sandwich on WW danish bread, little bit of spread and 3 pickles (2.5)
Pom-bear crisps (1.5)
options Jazzy Ginger hot choc (1) not sure if I like it or not??
Srtawberry and banana smoothie (2)
Pom-bears (1.5)
2 clementines (0.5)

Points Used: 18

Bit of a snacky day today, but that's why I love WW!! xx

Last edited:
are those swizzlers lollys the huge ones? where do you get them from!

Hiya Katie, they're the small ones, 40 cals per lolly and no fat making them half a point, you can get bags of about 15 for £1 from cheap shops like Poundland etc... I know you can get really big ones, but the small ones last for ages, I think the huge ones would just give you a sore tongue!! xx

Right... I'm going to sit down now and look through my mags and cookbooks and see if I can plan my meals for this week... really want to eat loads of veggies this week, I know I've not been giving my body the right foods these past 2 weeks, and I'm also going to start doing my exercise DVDs, really excited to try these as I got them at Christmas and haven't used them yet!!

Hi Becky, don't worry about the gain at all, I can put on up to 5 pounds during that time and it all comes off after, just water retention! But sounds like you know this and are taking it in your stride.
Good luck this week and I bet you have a massive loss next Sunday :)

Thanks Josie! I had a go on the scales this morning and got rid of half a pound he he!!

OK... so I went to Sainsbury's this morning and got loads of veggies for some recipes, got enough to make some lemon chicken pasta sauce, cauliflower bhaji and cooking spicy butternut squash soup for lunch, it's simmering away nicely now :0) Also picked up loads of fruit so I can munch away at that instead of choccies!!

Breakfast:
Turkey sandwich using 1 slice of turkey, 2 WW Danish, little spread and 3 pickles (2) I now it seems strange but I do like sandwiches for breakfast!!

Lunch:
I just realised that the Butternut Squash soup is going to be 0 points!! Yippee!!

008.jpg

(red onion, 2 garlic cloves, 600g butternut squash, tsp curry powder, 2 veg stock cubes, tbsp tom puree, salt and pepper, water, worcester sauce & chilli flakes to garnish) please correct me if this isn't all 0 point food??

Highlights hot choc (1)
apple (0.5)
Sainsbury's onion rings (1.5)

Dinner:
Butternut squash soup (0)
2 slices WW bread with a little spread (2)
Mullerlight Strawberry you (1.5)
Highlights hot choc (1)
Highlights hot choc (1)
apple (0.5)

Points used: 14.5
Points saved:3.5

Last edited:
Its all free, enjoy your soup!

Aww thanks sweetie!! Just ate a bowl and put the rest into plastic bowls, handy to have when hunger strikes!! xx

So today went a little bit like this...

Breakfast:
Turkey sandwich (2 WW Danish, slice turkey, little low fat spread) (2)
Highlights hot chocolate (1)

Lunch:
Coffee (1)
Butternut squash soup (0)
Spotted Dick with custard (5) my mum has meals on wheels and didn't like this so I had it for her!!

Dinner:

002.jpg

Butternut squash curried soup (0)
(onion, garlic, butternut squash, fresh toms, spinach, loads of curry spices, veg stock cubes, salt and pepper, fresh coriander and water)
Muesli bar from Lidl (1.5)
Onion rings (1.5)
3 Iceland satay chicken tikka sticks (2.5)
2 clementines (0.5)
apple (0.5)
Walkers cheese and onion from multi-pack (2)

Points used: 18
Points saved: 3.5 (from Monday)

Last edited:
Hi Everyone!

I went to Morrison's today which is always a bad idea as there are so many yummy things!! You walk in and are hit by all the gorgeous cakes, then the smell of the fresh pies, and all the yummy goodies on offer! I don't know how any Morrison's customer manages to lose any weight lol!

Breakfast:
Turkey Sandwich (2)
Apple (0.5)
Banana (1.5)
Highlights hot choc (1)

Lunch:
Homemade veg soup (1)
3 everton mints (1.5)
Onion rings (1.5)

Dinner:
Quorn lamb style grills with carrots, peas and gravy (4.5)

004.jpg

The grills were only 1.5 each, they look awful don't they?? I didn't burn them, that's what they look like he he!! They didn't really taste like lamb, just a bit minty but they were very filling and were half price so a good deal!
Mini donut (3) guesstimate there... was only tiny though!!
Apple (0.5)
Options hot choc (1)
6 everton mints (3)

Points Used: 21 (used 3 points from Monday)
Points saved: 0.5 from Monday

I went to Sainsbury's today to try to find some new tops and came out with a pair of size 12 bootcut black trousers lol! They're a lovely fit and make my legs look long and lean which is a miracle in itself!

Breakfast:
Turkey sandwich (2)
Apple (0.5)
Hot choc (1)

Lunch:
Butternut squash, spinach and tomato soup (0)
1 WW danish with a little spread (1)
Creme egg (3.5)
2 clementines (0.5)
Sainsbury's cheesy curls (1.5)
Everton mint (0.5)

Dinner:
Lemon Chicken pasta (3)
(red onion, garlic, chilli, courgette, 200g chicken, lemon juice and zest, 2 veg stock cubes, tin toms, tom puree, salt and pepper, 100g pasta. Whole recipe 9 points divided into 3 portions)

Planning evening snacks...
WW desserts yog (1)
Walkers plain (2)
Hot choc (1)

Points used: 18

Feeling really happy and positive about things today, and happy with how my life is going :0)

Last edited:
So, yeterday I had an off day food wise! Although I was chuffed to get 4 size 12 tops from Primark for £11!

Today has been a good day...

Breakfast:
Apple (0.5)
WW Desserts yog (1)
options hot choc (1)

Lunch:
Slim a soup (1)
WW Danish with spread (1)
Walkers crisps (2)
3 mints (0.5)
Cad choc buttons tiny bag (1.5)

Dinner:
WW Ocean pie (3.5)
Cauli and carrots (0)
Apple (0.5)
Cad creme egg (3.5)
2 satsumas (0.5)
Cheesy Curls (1.5)

Points Used: 18

Weigh in this morning and lost 1.5lbs, bit disappointed as I wanted to lose the 2.5lbs I'd gained the week before but I had a few 'off' moments this week so it wasn't like I was an angel all week he he!!

So in January I have lost 4lbs. My goal was 7lbs so I didn't achieve what I wanted really! I was 10st 10lbs in early December so I feel like I've wasted the last 2 months, but I enjoyed Christmas so I'm not too gutted he he!!

OK so my target for February (and the next 4 weigh ins) is to lose 6lbs (want to be 10st 4) if I stay on plan I should achieve this as I tend to lose between 1-2lbs a week, fingers crossed!!

I am just wondering can you have too much free veg?? I only ask because I just weighed 3 pieces of cauli and 2 chopped carrots and it worked out at 90 calories! Wondering if I had too much free veg last week now ??

Breakfast:
Slim a soup minestrone (1)
WW danish with spread (1)
Ww desserts yog (1)

Lunch:
Homemade soup (1)
WW danish with spread (1)
Mini packet of buttons (1.5)
Everton mint (0.5)
Cheesy curls (1.5)
Zero point homemade soup (0)
Everton mint (0.5)

OK so munching on loads of low point things, got the munchies today!!

Dinner:
WW beef hotpot (3.5)
cauli and carrots (0)
Cad creme egg (3.5)

Points used: 16.5
Points saved: 1.5

Last edited:
well done on the loss!! you're going in the right direction so don't worry if it's not as much as you hoped for.
Do you drink plenty of water, I've started buying bottled water to encourage me to drink more and am having 3-4 bottles a day and I swear it is giving me a more rapid weight loss even with the amount of flexi syn days I'm taking!! The other thing I swear by is hot water with a slice of lemon in, it really seems to help with water retention.
Good luck for the coming week, you're doing really well with your fruit and veg intake.

Hi Josie! Thanks for the encouragement! I never drink enough, some days I have 2 hot chocs and a can of pop, I know it's bad but I forget to drink all the time, wish I forgot to eat and I'd be like a twig he he!! I will try to take in more squash this week and see if that helps, thanks for the tip!

I finally decided to take the plunge and get some new clothes as my mum said I was covering up my new figure in baggy clothes and they were my 14's, didn't even realise! But yep, went shopping and got into size 12's trousers, jeans and tops and I look a lot better in them than 14's, so thanks mum he he!!

xx

Back