Becoming a CDC

bo_lady

Well I have wondered whether this may offend ppl but I thought I would go ahead and ask so no Offence intended CDC's.

I have been really thinking about becoming a CDC as I have to drive 30 mins to get to mine and I think a lot of ppl miss out on being able to do CD by not being able to drive, so I wanted to be a CDC who could offer home visits.

However I was wondering how CDC actually make money, I know they can decide how much to charge, however mine charges how much it costs her and wonder how she can possibly do this.

I hope someone can answer my question and as I said before No Offence intended.

Thanks,
Anna xxx:)

Hi Anna - the first thing to do is ask your Counsellor to explain things to you.....you'll also find lots of info in the "stickies" at the beginning of the CD forum index.

Well done on your successes so far....I'm glad you're so impressed with Cambridge!

Well I have wondered whether this may offend ppl but I thought I would go ahead and ask so no Offence intended CDC's.

I have been really thinking about becoming a CDC as I have to drive 30 mins to get to mine and I think a lot of ppl miss out on being able to do CD by not being able to drive, so I wanted to be a CDC who could offer home visits.

However I was wondering how CDC actually make money, I know they can decide how much to charge, however mine charges how much it costs her and wonder how she can possibly do this.

I hope someone can answer my question and as I said before No Offence intended.

Thanks,
Anna xxx:)

When you say that your cdc charges 'what it costs her', could I ask how much she does actually charge? I love being a cdc, but can't imagine anyone being able to put all that time in and make absolutely no money out of it! At the end of the day, we all earn money from our work, and can't afford not to unless we're independently wealthy!

How much you make as a cdc really depends on how many clients you have. I didn't make any money for the first nine months or so, but my earnings have increased as my client base has increased.

Jo x

Oh, and, just to add - you would need to have a BMI of under 28 before you can become a cdc. As Lesly says, you would then need to speak to your cdc, as she would have to apply for you and sponsor you.

Hope that helps. :)

Jo x

Hi Bo

If you need any advice over becoming a counsellor then talk to your CDC as they are the primary source of information and hopefully inspiration.

If you have any specific questions then mail me directly at [email protected]

Thanks

Mike

Hi Jo,
Sorry I didnt realise I had a reply to this. She charges me £1.60 for any pack, tetra or bar.

So do Cambridge actually pay u for every client u have?

Thanks Mike I shall get in touch when I am at the stage to become one if I have any questions.

Anna xx

Hi Jo,
Sorry I didnt realise I had a reply to this. She charges me £1.60 for any pack, tetra or bar.

So do Cambridge actually pay u for every client u have?

Thanks Mike I shall get in touch when I am at the stage to become one if I have any questions.

Anna xx
That's okay - in turn, i've only just realised that you have replied!

Although £1.60 is slightly under the rrp, I can assure you that your cdc is charging more than it costs her.

Cambridge don't pay us at all. The way it works is, cdcs buy the packs off Cambridge HQ at the base price, and then sell them on to clients at the rrp (or more/less, depending on the cdc). Aside from our training, and having to abide by the code of conduct, I guess it's similar to if you ran a shop - you buy your stock in at a certain price, then sell it on for slightly more. Does that make sense?

Jo x

Yeh thanks hun.

When I am closer to goal think I shall look into it I would love to help people feel how I do right now as I am gradually getting smaller.

Thanks for taking time to reply.

Anna xx

Hi Anna,

Becoming a CDC is another fantastic goal to keep you focused on your diet and I think it is a great idea to be willing to travel to customers and see them in their own home, as I am sure some people would love to do this diet but for whatever reason may not be able to travel.

Love Mini xxx

Back