Becoming a slimmer Miller

Miller2

In it for the long haul!
I have started far too many of these diaries over the years but here I go again... hopefully for the last time!

There have been many things that have got in my way over the last 18 months which I won't go into here, but they resulted in me putting back on the weight I lost (plus a bit extra).

I don't feel like I have any hurdles in my way now, and I'm hoping 2016 won't be cruel enough to throw any more bad luck in my or my family's direction! So with that in mind, I am truly hoping that 2016 will finally be my year... the year I get to TARGET!!!

I go to a slimming world group on a Saturday morning and currently have a 5.5lb weight loss behind me. I don't know exactly how much I want to lose, because my target isn't a weight, it's a dress size. I would love to get into a size 12 pair of jeans - it would mean the absolute world to me!

The food is only one part of the journey, I know I also need to get back to exercising again so I need to find something that won't trap the nerve in my back (I regularly trap it - it drives me bonkers). I'm going to try to find another Bokwa class because I did used to love doing that, though I'm sure it will be a bit of a killer when I go back! I am going to wait until February to do that though because I can't stand it when classes are packed wall to wall with people, and in January they will be - by February hopefully they will be tolerable!

My first weigh in on here might well be a gain what with Christmas but I have until Saturday to try and get off whatever I might have put on, but we'll have to wait and see what happens!

Looking forward to restarting my weight loss journey on here with other fellow slimming world members - it's a good top up of support between my weekly group meetings :)

Found you! Lets make 2016 our year. I've more or less been the same, so much gone wrong in this last year. Lets ooze positivity and win a battle we can control cos god knows what else life can throw at us!
My dream would come true if I could get into size 12 jeans!
xxxxxx

Found you! Lets make 2016 our year. I've more or less been the same, so much gone wrong in this last year. Lets ooze positivity and win a battle we can control cos god knows what else life can throw at us!
My dream would come true if I could get into size 12 jeans!
xxxxxx
here here! Let's start as we mean to go on :)

I weighed in at 2lb on on Saturday (made the mistake of going out for tea the night before weigh in and had 3 courses - oops!). Still, given that the week before my own scales showed 5.5lb on, that means that this week I actually lost 3.5lb - hopefully I will have that remaining 2lb Christmas gain off by next week. I don't lose weight very easily, to lose 2lb I have to be an absolute saint. I'm sure if most people ate what I eat when I'm being that good they would lose a lot more - in fact, one week I was living with my mum (our boiler blew up) and I cooked for her all week as a thank you for letting us stay, and she lost 6lb that week and I lost 1.5lb. Still, it's not a race, as long as it comes off it's all going in the right direction.

I'm about to go and make a nice roast tomato and basil soup in a bit. I was going to take a salad to work tomorrow but it seems everyone else is doing that since there is no salad left on the supermarket shelves haha. So soup it is!

I'm going to plan my meals for the week in a moment too so that I can go and do the weekly food shop after work tomorrow. No excuses!!!

How is everyone else doing?

2lb ain't too bad! Well done on getting it as low as possible. I'm the same with the slow losses but if its going in the right direction I'm happy. Got my week planned online shopping arriving tomorrow printed off a diary too. I'm ready to rumble. Get weighed monday evening so we shall see what my damage is. Have a good week. X

I weighed in at 2lb on on Saturday (made the mistake of going out for tea the night before weigh in and had 3 courses - oops!). Still, given that the week before my own scales showed 5.5lb on, that means that this week I actually lost 3.5lb - hopefully I will have that remaining 2lb Christmas gain off by next week. I don't lose weight very easily, to lose 2lb I have to be an absolute saint. I'm sure if most people ate what I eat when I'm being that good they would lose a lot more - in fact, one week I was living with my mum (our boiler blew up) and I cooked for her all week as a thank you for letting us stay, and she lost 6lb that week and I lost 1.5lb. Still, it's not a race, as long as it comes off it's all going in the right direction.

I'm about to go and make a nice roast tomato and basil soup in a bit. I was going to take a salad to work tomorrow but it seems everyone else is doing that since there is no salad left on the supermarket shelves haha. So soup it is!

I'm going to plan my meals for the week in a moment too so that I can go and do the weekly food shop after work tomorrow. No excuses!!!

How is everyone else doing?

i am also going to sit down and plan the whole week so i cant go off track :)
ready for the big start tomorrow!!!!

Good luck!!

I am also similar to you in that my goal isn't really a weight but a dress size, eventually I would kill to be a size 14! But right now, even just an 18 would be amazing!

Hoping your first week of 2016 goes well!!!

Been good as gold this week. Actually looking forward to weigh in on Saturday. Doing pulled pork for dinner in the slow cooker so hopefully I will walk in and it will smell lovely! Not done it before so I hope it is nice. All I'll have to do is some sw chips in the air fryer. Going to do a bit of onion with it too for added speed food. How is everyone else doing this week? It's my first week back at school and the workload has been horrific (I do the equivalent of 3 people's jobs at any other school) but I'm proud that I've managed to stick to it. I just hope the scales reflect how well I've been doing!

WOHHHHOOOOOOO I lost 3lbs today :) Very happy lady here. Going to celebrate with a bottle of wine with my husband later - though we've been told at group today that wine syns have gone up (a lot!) as per picture below - but I'm having it anyway! Having SW Beefburgers for tea (doing cheeseburgers with healthy A of mozarella on them and B choice bun plus SW chips. Can't wait! Going to plan my weekly meals again tomorrow so that I can have another great week on plan.

Attachments

• 2016-01-09 11.20.32.jpg
    2016-01-09 11.20.32.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 60
Well done H. That's a fab loss. Aaah shame wines gone up I didn't know what it was before as I don't drink but I'm sure many people will be upset. Enjoy ur weekend. X

Just demolished a whole pack of chocolate chip cookies. Why oh why do I do it??????? At least I've got lots of tomato soup on the go. It worked really well for me last week so hopefully it will again. I'm hoping that the cookies can be instead of a cheat day on Saturday - I normally have a takeaway but I didn't this week, I had a SW meal. Anyway regardless of that I've eaten them now so it's irrelevant. I just need to draw a line underneath it and be good from now on until the end of the week. How is everyone else doing??? x

Hey sweet, don't let the cookies discourage you! We've all been there! There's still plenty of time to turn it around before weigh in and the soup sounds super healthy. x

Hello Emily welcome back! I've been much better today. Had a banana, apple and chewy delight bar (1 for a healthy b choice) for breakfast and tomato and basil soup for lunch (a bit too much basil but never mind, I have a gallon to get through and I'm not binning it). Had stir fry for tea which was free (used oyster sauce) and totally yummy. Then a bag of wotsits for 4.5 syns and another chewy delight bars for an extra 4.5 syns. 9 syns today. I fully blame you, Emily, for getting me hooked on chewy delight bars! Never heard of them before you mentioned them ages ago and I'm still totally hooked! 98p a box at sainsburys at the moment so I've stocked up! Much better day on plan. And not a cookie in sight haha. X

Hiya well done for getting yourself straight back on. You're doing fab hopefully another good loss.
My eating out the window at mo had small surgery yesterday so it all titsup when I got the phonecall Monday evening. Nevermind get myself back on my feet and start again by the weekend hopefully.
Go lose those lbs for both of us. X

Back